Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Automatic headlights and resetting oil change reminder?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 12:00 PM
B Feelgood is infamous around these parts
Automatic headlights and resetting oil change reminder?

I can't for the life of me figure out turn on the auto on/off headlights. I have a 2005 Cayenne turbo and I assume that it has them because it has the homelink and lights in the bottom of the mirrors. I know where to turn them on manually, is it in the same place? How do I activate them or find out for sure if the vehicle is equipped with them?

Is there a way to reset the oil change service light reminder yourself? I just changed the oil myself but do not know how to reset the reminder. My dealer said they charge $71 to do this, which seems absurd seeing as how it could not take more then a few minutes.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:04 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by B Feelgood
I can't for the life of me figure out turn on the auto on/off headlights. I have a 2005 Cayenne turbo and I assume that it has them because it has the homelink and lights in the bottom of the mirrors. I know where to turn them on manually, is it in the same place? How do I activate them or find out for sure if the vehicle is equipped with them?

Is there a way to reset the oil change service light reminder yourself? I just changed the oil myself but do not know how to reset the reminder. My dealer said they charge $71 to do this, which seems absurd seeing as how it could not take more then a few minutes.
My reminder for a tune up has been lighting up lately. I'm curious myself.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:28 PM
DEFILER is infamous around these parts
Insert the key in the ignition but do not turn it.
Hold down the trip reset button on the cluster and while holding it in turn the ignition to the start position without touching the brake pedal.
The display will show "Service Reset" When you see this message click the confirm/enter button on the bottom of the wiper stalk 1 or 2 times.

That should do it.

Chris

Old 12-22-2008, 04:14 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DEFILER
Hold down the trip reset button on the cluster and while holding it in turn the ignition to the start position without touching the brake pedal.
The display will show "Service Reset" When you see this message click the confirm/enter button on the bottom of the wiper stalk 1 or 2 times.

That should do it.

Chris
Chris, thanks for your help.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:51 PM
mpatrizio is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DEFILER

That should do it.

Chris
This should be made a sticky.... Great info.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:36 AM
I've been getting a "Service Now" message on my dash? Does anyone know if this is a required service or is it just a reminder for an oil change? I have 6200 miles.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:57 PM
I tried doing that an hour ago but it didn't reset my "Service Now" message. Is it different on 997?

Old 01-08-2009, 08:17 AM
tonga3 is infamous around these parts
You can get a durametric tool to reset it.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by tonga3
You can get a durametric tool to reset it.
Is that something you can get at a local car part store or this strictly Porsche Service Dept?

Old 01-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Old 01-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by tonga3
Thank you for the link. It's funny how it includes 997 and 997 TT but it doesn't list 07-08 997 GT3.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:16 PM
canberk is infamous around these parts
it unfortunately doesn't list >'08 Cayennes either...

Old 01-08-2009, 01:19 PM
So is this one of those things that you can't reset from inside your car?

Old 01-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Bump for answer...

Old 01-10-2009, 04:35 PM
As far as I know you can't reset it from inside the vehicle unless you take it to a dealer or use a durametric.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Automatic headlights and resetting oil change reminder?