Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

IPD Plenum for Cayenne, any benefit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 11:00 PM
NanaimoCTT is infamous around these parts
Group buy??

Old 01-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Banned
RSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=stealthn;2206100]Thanks Greg,

Any feedback on the dealers "acceptance" of it so as not to void any warranty?

As well do you find those numbers when paired with high flow air filters like BMC or are those numbers with stock paper filters?]

Those numbers were established on a bone stock Cayenne without the BMC air filters.

Over 20% of our IPD sales are now going to Porsche dealerships across North America. We haven't experienced one single "warranty" issue with any of the IPD Plenums.

Just like all the other late model Porsches, the plenum works very well when combined with a high quality sport exhaust like Cargraphic as well as the BMC air filters.

Thanks again for all the interest and consideration,
Greg

Old 01-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Banned
RSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond repute
IPD Turbo S Plenum

Originally Posted by fredttx50
Greg, when will you have plenum for the 09 TTS
Hey There Fred,

I hope all is well with you up north. We really miss having your Carrera GT in the shop, you're welcome to park it here anytime.

The new 957 Cayenne Turbo S IPD Plenum is "almost" done. We should have the castings from the foundry next week and then it's time to make the jig and go into production. Hopefully we will have something available in February.

I will keep you posted on the status of the "S" Plenum. Thanks for all the interest.

Cheers,
Greg

Old 01-09-2009, 10:14 AM
CayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Reborn996
Turbo77, any chance you did any dyno runs before and after (even if they were not the same day)? I know I also felt a big difference on my 996 but the design of the stock plenum was pretty poor on that car. The Cayenne seems to be a much better design right from the factory.
I didnt get a chance to do any dyno runs before and after....but there was a very noticeable difference in power and boost INSTANTLY!! If you loved the 996 plenum, you will love the 955 plenum.....

Originally Posted by cayenne-kimo
Turbo77, did you notice the difference before or after you added all the other mods? Did you do all the mods at once, or at separate times? Which mod made the biggest bang for the buck?
I did all the mods at different times..... and i noticed a difference after all of them were installed.... some more then others though....

and I would honestly have to say that the IPD Plenum was the biggest bang for the buck.....The EVO MS intakes were a little less expensive, but i noticed a bigger performance increase with the plenum.....

Especially after upgrading to the 06 Turbo S intercoolers....the flow is much much better allowing the turbos to be far more efficient.....

Also, as for voiding the warranty.... my dealership (porsche of the main line) basically installed the unit for free during a wheel swap.....

Thanks again Greg, I love this plenum and plan on buying one for my 996 next!!!! (Greg had it shipped to me within a few days to ensure it was installed for the 07 AKA Rally)

**sorry for the late response, ended up at the shore club in Miami for a week and have been recovering since!! hope this helps!!

Old 01-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
Good feedback guys, thanks!

Old 01-10-2009, 06:02 AM
cayenne-kimo is infamous around these parts
Thanks Turbo77. I guess I better save up for some mods!

Old 01-12-2009, 07:39 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RSSGREG
Hey There Fred,

I hope all is well with you up north. We really miss having your Carrera GT in the shop, you're welcome to park it here anytime.

The new 957 Cayenne Turbo S IPD Plenum is "almost" done. We should have the castings from the foundry next week and then it's time to make the jig and go into production. Hopefully we will have something available in February.

I will keep you posted on the status of the "S" Plenum. Thanks for all the interest.

Cheers,
Greg

Thanks Greg!!!

Old 02-25-2009, 12:54 PM
cayenne-kimo is infamous around these parts
My RSS IPD plenum is for sale if anyone wants to try it out. Just send me a PM.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:03 PM
RushDL is infamous around these parts
Does this screw up a tune when you add the IPD Plenum?
The board wont let me PM.
Hit me back. I have a 2006 CTT.

Last edited by RushDL; 08-03-2013 at 04:06 PM.