Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

IPD Plenum for Cayenne, any benefit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
Question IPD Plenum for Cayenne, any benefit?

Okay, I had the IPD Plenum on my 1999 996 and it was a noticable improvement. When you compare the stock plastic T from the 996 with the IPD unit you can visually see the design improvement. But I just looked at the Cayenne intake section and the stock plastic piece looks very similar to the IPD design already. Both intake tracks seem to blend in smoothly to the throttle body so I am not sure how much of an improvement the IPD unit could make. Are there any known power benefits for a 2004 Cayenne TT using the IPD Plenum? Would rather have impartial data from you guys than the info from the manufacturer.

David

Old 12-25-2008, 02:42 PM
huskyfan23 is infamous around these parts
I'd like to know as well. The gains they suggest seem rather high IMO.

Old 12-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
With my 996 it was noticeable and I believe the claims on HP gain, but if you looked at the stock 996 intake plenum compared to the IPD unit it made sense. With the Cayenne I do not see the factory design issue on the intake plenum like the 996 which is why I am asking the group before buying one. They do have the 20% off for the holidays but I want to make sure it would be a noticeable gain first.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:27 AM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
Just looking at the pics, the IPD looks like a more gradual turn into the "y". But I've never seen one in person. If I would not have spent $$ elsewhere this month I would be seriously considering one as well.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:08 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
I have been on the fence with this one as well. I recently had the secondary cat delete done and it made a very noticable improvement and it was roughly half the price. I'd like to hear impressions from someone who actually has this part installed...

Old 12-27-2008, 11:19 AM
TT 955 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by str8blst
I have been on the fence with this one as well. I recently had the secondary cat delete done and it made a very noticable improvement and it was roughly half the price. I'd like to hear impressions from someone who actually has this part installed...
x-2

did you gain any poer from the 2nd cat bypass?

Old 12-27-2008, 04:10 PM
CayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura about
I have the IPD Plenum installed and it makes a major difference.....

Boost is achieved faster and stays pegged for longer......the CTT is now much smoother and consistent throughout the RPM range.... no boost spikes or drops......

I would highly recommend this mod for CTT owners!!

Old 12-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Turbo77, any chance you did any dyno runs before and after (even if they were not the same day)? I know I also felt a big difference on my 996 but the design of the stock plenum was pretty poor on that car. The Cayenne seems to be a much better design right from the factory.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:48 PM
cayenne-kimo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CayenneTurbo77
I have the IPD Plenum installed and it makes a major difference.....

Boost is achieved faster and stays pegged for longer......the CTT is now much smoother and consistent throughout the RPM range.... no boost spikes or drops......

I would highly recommend this mod for CTT owners!!
Turbo77, did you notice the difference before or after you added all the other mods? Did you do all the mods at once, or at separate times? Which mod made the biggest bang for the buck?

Last edited by cayenne-kimo; 12-28-2008 at 04:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-02-2009, 09:16 AM
cayenne-kimo is infamous around these parts
Any response to my queries?

Old 01-04-2009, 11:01 AM
stealthn is infamous around these parts
Interesting, I do find it hard to believe Porsche would have failed to find a few extra HP by smoothing out the intake plenum.

Bob

Old 01-05-2009, 12:24 PM
If you have doubts of Porsche engineering... just look at the stock intake plenum on a 1999 911. It is basically a plastic T with no smoothing at all for the intake flow. LOL

The Cayenne however seems to be a much better design from the factory which is why I posted about the benefits of the IPD unit.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Banned
RSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond repute
IPD Plenum for Cayenne TT

Greetings Gentlemen,

Thanks for the interest as well as the customer satisfaction comments.

You are correct in the fact that the Cayenne Turbo plenum is of the "Y" variety as opposed to the "T" design found on all the Carrera applications.

The IPD Plenum for the Cayenne Turbo is similar to the factory but the IPD Plenum has been re-designed to optimize air flow and increase power and torque. The IPD Plenum, unlike the factory, eliminates turbulence inside the diversion area of the plenum as well as increasing the inlet size for greater flow. The factory plastic plenums are prone to cracking and splitting, especially when you add more boost. Power gains are 30 to 32 HP at the wheels and torque increases are about the same. There is a significant improvement in boost response throughout the entire power band.

We have sold many Cayenne Turbo IPD Plenums and have only received 100% positive feedback. Just like all of our other IPD plenums the Cayenne Turbo comes with a satisfaction guarantee or your money back. The other great thing about the Cayenne Turbo Plenum is that it installs in about 5 minutes with basic hand tools.

Please give me a call if you have any other questions or would like to place an order.

Happy New Year,
Greg @ RSS

Old 01-08-2009, 05:56 PM
stealthn is infamous around these parts
Thanks Greg,

Any feedback on the dealers "acceptance" of it so as not to void any warranty?

As well do you find those numbers when paired with high flow air filters like BMC or are those numbers with stock paper filters?

Thanks, and I'm interested.

Bob

Old 01-08-2009, 07:38 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Greg, when will you have plenum for the 09 TTS

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: IPD Plenum for Cayenne, any benefit?