Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

IPD Plenum 06 Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2009 | 01:41 PM
cayenne-kimo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by stealthn
Thanks very much for the write-up and pictures Kimo!!!

Yes looking at them both they look very close (other than the ribbing for her pleasure)

Kimo did you have a look inside those expansion things on both sides, I would like to know if they have a tube in them as well or just billows like on the outside?

Cheers,

Bob
Bob,

If you mean the expansion hoses that connect the intake hose to the plenum, it's just a hollow piece of hose inside. Here are a couple more pics of the stock plenum for those interested.

It looks like there are jagged surfaces on the inside which probably isn't too good for smooth throtle response. I guess that's the result of mass production.

Old 02-02-2009 | 09:25 AM
Banned
RSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond reputeRSSGREG has a reputation beyond repute
Greetings Gentlemen,

Thanks for all the kind posts. There may be a handful of guys out there that still have it out for the IPD plenum but the fact remains that there are thousands of satisfied IPD customers enjoying the power provided by the IPD plenum. IPD has developed many versions of each of the applications offered and they are only offered to the masses once they have proven themselves to deliver great power and torque gains.

The Cayenne Turbo IPD Plenum (like all IPD Plenums) provides superior air flow through an optimized "Y" design that minimizes turbulence and increase air speed. The IPD Plenum diversion area is significantly improved over factory and the two inlets are slightly larger as well. Another importnat point is that the factory plastic piece is very prone to splitting, especially with higher boost levels, where the IPD cast aluminum plenum is considerably stronger. If it didn't work we wouldn't sell it.

Once again, thank you for all the great posts. As always, every single plenum comes with a 100% money back guarantee if you're not satisfied.

The brand new 2009 Cayenne Turbo "S" should be available this month.

Cheers,
Greg

Old 02-02-2009 | 07:07 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Turbo Mike older Cousin, Turbo Art younger Cousin.

Originally Posted by Cannoli
Okay Turbo Mike is your cousin, so then who the heck are you?

Thanks for the info on the IPD vs. OE plenum - good to know.

Old 03-09-2009 | 07:24 PM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
A few quick additions to the install notes. The o-ring on the stock inlet has to be removed and installed into the IPD unit. I used a dental pick to gently remove it. It was pretty oily/dirty so I cleaned mine with WD40 and that helped on the install. I also cleaned the MAF sensor with MAF cleaner. It was also pretty oily. Be sure when removing the stock one that you release a line that is held on to by a clamp on the bottom of the stock inlet. The spacing on the IPD is such that you cannot use the clip to hold that hose into place.

Old 03-11-2009 | 08:02 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
I was just on the phone with Brian from RSS in OC. He was very informative and friendly to all my questions. Now I have a few for you guys. How do dealers look at this after market feature after install? Warranty problems ect? Any dealers for sevice that dont give a hard time for aftermarket installations in the Los ngeles area. Also for a new turbo owner with low miles, at what milleage would you add this feature at a minimum?