Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

IPD Plenum 06 Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2009 | 07:34 PM
|
bonemechanic is infamous around these parts
IPD Plenum 06 Turbo S

I did not want this mod. It does not make any logical improvement to the engine intake. That area of the circut is under boost . . so who cares what the flow is? The porsche plastic looks stylish and smooth. And if you could get a few more PS why did porsche overlook it.

Then Gary at Road Sport Supply extended the christmas sale. And I can't say that I recieved any truely nice presents for all the "good" stuff I did all year. Gary also said if I wasen't impressed that I could return it.

The UPS man delivered it. And I installed it in about a hour, saving the box because I knew that the return was comming. I started her up; still fuming that I had spent all this time and money on something that will not make a difference. I was wrong.

Most people are saying there is a "big difference." I will agree. This makes the Cayenne Turbo into a 'fun' suv. Don't get me wrong. 540 horses makes a rocket that pulls strong until redline, but at that speed you are endangering your life, your license, and alot of people around you. This Mod makes the engine more responsive when not under boost. Little to no lag going into corners. The nose jumps off the line at a tap of the throttle.

So I was wrong. I feel that this is a required Mod that I should have done when I purchased the CTTS. I still cannot explain it, but the butt dyno is impressed.

Old 01-27-2009 | 07:45 PM
canberk is infamous around these parts
you don't "have" to floor it all the time knowing that you "have" the power in your hands is why we mod our cars

Old 01-27-2009 | 09:07 PM
stealthn is infamous around these parts
I love this post BM, it talks to the cynic in all of us!

I spoke to Greg too, and f it wasn't for the Canadian dollar right now I would have bought one too.

Still waiting....

Oh yeah, and "this post is useless without pictures"

Old 01-28-2009 | 10:41 AM
cayenne-kimo is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the post. I just picked up my plenum and waiting to install. I hope it's as good as all the hype!

Old 01-28-2009 | 02:35 PM
CayenneOFDeatH has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneOFDeatH has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneOFDeatH has a spectacular aura about
am getting mine soon could you post a DIY guide ?

Old 01-28-2009 | 02:48 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Has anybody done a before and after dyno with only this mod? There have been a lot of discussions on the 997 Turbo area of this plenum. Real mixed reviews there.

Old 01-30-2009 | 01:55 PM
step by step install

Originally Posted by CayenneOFDeatH
am getting mine soon could you post a DIY guide ?
Here's the step by step install of the IPD Plenum. It took me about 45 minutes due to finding the right tools.

1. Remove top cover then remove MAF sensor

2. MAF sensor removed

3. Twist 180 degrees the two screws shown here and pull out.

4. Loosen the hose clamps on left and right of plenum, pull hoses off plenum then carefully twist stock plenum off of intake; then remove bottom hose off of plenum.

5. Stock plenum removed

6. Interior view of stock plenum

7. Interior view of the IPD Plenum

8. Install IPD plenum

9. Reattach bottom hose and right and left intake hoses, tighten hose clamps; reattach MAF sensor.

10. Reattach top cover; job complete.

I took it for a spin but didn't notice that much of a difference from stock.

Old 01-30-2009 | 02:02 PM
Cannoli is infamous around these parts
Nice pics / write up ... but who the heck is Turbo Mike Performance?

Old 01-30-2009 | 02:11 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Interestingly the pictures Kimo posted up show the inside of the stock plenium looks very similar to the IPD one. Unlike the 996T Plenum wich T's off the Cayenne Plenum already has the "Y" configuration. (at least it seems like it to me) If the plenum "T's" I can see the benefit of this... but seeing these pictures leaves me a bit skeptical...

Anyway... does anyone know if the inside diameter is larger than stock? Also if the stock PLenum is a "Y" configuration just like the IPD piece what is the actual benefit of the upgrade?

I would love to ad this to my CTT. But for $1K I think I'll wait until I can get verified dyno results or some sort of explanation. FWIW the IPD piece looks MUCH better asthetically than the stock plastic....

Old 01-30-2009 | 03:44 PM
CayenneOFDeatH has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneOFDeatH has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneOFDeatH has a spectacular aura about
thanks Man Reps for u

Old 01-31-2009 | 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Cannoli
I don't know but maybe RSSGreg will chime in and enlighten us.

Old 01-31-2009 | 12:58 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Might be referring to Turbo Performance Center? Mike Levitas ownes it.
http://www.tpcracing.us/

Old 01-31-2009 | 09:12 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Turbo Mike and IPD is the same person. As far as the difference b/n the factory plenum and IPD plenum, here is the facts: 1-it was desinged from aluminum cast not to split open like factory 2-Larger inlets on IPD design for more air flow 3-IPD plenum has a better diversion than stock plenum therefore diverting more air flow and air speed. 4-by getting more air flow then more throtle response as well as boost response all the way to redline. RSS has all the facts with dyno proven results. Not to mention, money back gaurantee. BTW don't mess with Turbo Mike, he is my cousin.

Originally Posted by Cannoli

Old 02-01-2009 | 08:50 AM
stealthn is infamous around these parts
Thanks very much for the write-up and pictures Kimo!!!

Yes looking at them both they look very close (other than the ribbing for her pleasure)

Kimo did you have a look inside those expansion things on both sides, I would like to know if they have a tube in them as well or just billows like on the outside?

Cheers,

Bob

Old 02-01-2009 | 01:02 PM
Cannoli is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by art4iza
... BTW don't mess with Turbo Mike, he is my cousin.
Okay Turbo Mike is your cousin, so then who the heck are you?

Thanks for the info on the IPD vs. OE plenum - good to know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: IPD Plenum 06 Turbo S