Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

owners of 2ndary Catbypass Pipes....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 09:34 PM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
No rattling.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:45 AM
stealthTT is infamous around these partsstealthTT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by canberk
i remember that there was a guy who was complaining about some kind of metallic sound coming from his exhaust after the mod, is that for real? is it annoying? is the sound better than the stock exhaust system or worse?
I might be the one claiming that: the sound that you will get without changing the oem muffler it's very nice inside the cabin, and I can't see me owning a Cayenne without this pipes. It isn't loud at all, I mean my first gen V8 is much quiter inside the cabin than my friends 957 V6.
But, again the OEM muffler isn't a free flow type, so that at one point you will hear what you can hear on the movie linked below from 1.03 to 1.05 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzWRxdC7lrA, and that's annoing cause if you are closer you will hear it louder and clear, and that's the sound I don't like, or maybe its just me. That's got nothing to with the metalic sounds that are produced when the cats are warming up.
Don't know how it works for the newer ones with the sport option that you get, cause it sound like when sport is on like you dont need for other performance muffler. Don't know so many about this 2nd gen muffler, but the sport mode is acting like a diverter valve, so the sound will be much better. getting a system like that for a 955 is very expensive, but it can be done easilly done by a good exhaust builder in your area.
The sound of the V8 NA is different from the Turbo ones, as you know a turbo engine will not scream that hard if it doesnt has any exhaust at all like a NA does, so this apply for havig the same exhaust on different engine types - NA and Turbo.
Also, having these installed you will see that the car can rev quicker, IMO.
in the end, I strongly advise all of you to use these 2nd cats removal pipes, you will not regret it, and also that sound you'll never hear it from inside of the car, just the nice rumble of the V8.

Last edited by stealthTT; 03-05-2009 at 03:50 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:57 PM
christx997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by acassh
I got a cayenne GTS 09... i am interested in getting on the list but i was wondering how much performance does this add and is it going to be a noticable difference?
fabspeed claims it will give you 15+hp to the truck. but realistically im thinking anywhere from 10-12hp for the pepper. they also say it will dramatically change the throttle response as well as give you a better mpg. if you goto the group buy thread i posted a sound clip of a gts before and after the bypass pipes, they sound badazz! i will post some links to fabspeed so you can get a detail description and the dyno results associated with the 2ndary bypass pipes for your gts.

http://fabspeed.com/cayenne.html ---description
http://fabspeed.com/DYNOresults/Caye...0Catbypass.jpg ----dyno results

Last edited by christx997; 03-05-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:26 PM
caltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to all
What part of TX are you in? I have them on my GTS is you would like to check it out....

Old 03-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by caltex
What part of TX are you in? I have them on my GTS is you would like to check it out....
houston, i would love to check them out 1st hand, if you want to do a 4hr drive down here

Old 03-05-2009, 04:15 PM
caltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to all
Texas Cannonball is this weekend??? You could come up!

Old 03-05-2009, 04:18 PM
hmm, what is texas cannonball? btw your pepper is looking sweet!

Old 03-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Thanks... Black on Black was on my list too... http://www.texascannonball.com/modules/newbb/