Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Magnaflow exhaust questions.. Please help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 06:09 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Oh boy - I hope that when Magnaflow says Oval, they mean a rectangle with the corners knocked down (like a traditional muffler). The pic of the 14225 looks round/egg shaped which will probably hang down in a very unsightly way. Hope I am not being a buzz-kill here. Just make sure your "undergarments" are not showing too much or it will definitely look like you stopped at the only muffler shop in town.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
That is why I want an actual Magnaflow part number from someone who has it installed... I am not sure if we should get the Round style or Oval style muffler and whether the inlet and outlet are offset or centered and in what diameter.

David

Old 03-10-2009, 06:30 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
I would really like to hear how a peper sounds with magna flows. i just have a feeling that it would make the car sound cheeseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 03-10-2009, 06:46 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
LA - Your wish granted courtesy of of my superior googlin skittles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCozHDJtbWs

For under $5Beans, that's alot of Cheese!!
I added a comment but who knows if this guy checks his feedback - post is a year old.

Last edited by roxboxxx; 03-10-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Reborn -I have seen at least 20 dif Cs with"mufller shop" jobs and not one had a round muffler(s).
I am not saying that it has not been done, but I have to think that unless its like a Tubi or old cherrybomb style, they are going to hang down killing the sportlux look of your C. I personally would rather pick couch change up for a year and buy the right thing then to ****up the looks.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
You guys are funny with all the magnaflow questions. I don't know the part number nor if it was oval or triangle.. I was lucky enough to have a shop do it for $450 or so bucks, but I never got the exact part numbers. There are plenty of pics with this setup though, I think I posted a few. Just print it out and go to a local exhaust shop that sells magnaflows.

But to those who don't believe me, the exhuast when paired with bypass pipes sounds amazing! I'm not joking, as Jeff SD or SeattleBum or Captain Tall. I can't remember who I stole the idea from, but I've had them on long enough and I can't explain how fun it is to just start the car. The sound is pure muscle inside the car, but outside at WOT its frightening!

Good luck boys.. but If I was able to convince a shop, as well as Jeff for around $400... well you guys just need to work on your negotiating skills! I'd rather have the same shop sell and install then do it separately. Could just turn into a headache.

Bojan

Old 03-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Yup - you see what you stated with your dam great deal !!!!!! Onto the whys. . . I would imagine that its easier to address a local shop with "My buddy had his shop do it and here are the PN's they used" then to let some of these guys fumble around with the dirty, outdated magnaflow book. Worst case is you end up with the equivalent of a bad hair transplant - couple of nasty chrome cylynders hanging precariously close to the pavement. BTW - if anyone needs help with negotiating, just do it Joisy style " U gonna install dis for 4 C-notes or what?!" and then slam his head into the counter a few times. So far that's worked for me . . . . except at shoprite, they still want cash.

Last edited by roxboxxx; 03-10-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:14 PM
stikystikyricky is infamous around these parts
Im pretty sure my setup is going to be the same as Bojans for right around the same cost.. Just give me till next week.. Im sure it will look sick

Old 03-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Imports is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
LA - Your wish granted courtesy of of my superior googlin skittles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCozHDJtbWs

For under $5Beans, that's alot of Cheese!!
I added a comment but who knows if this guy checks his feedback - post is a year old.
I've been interested in hearing clips as well. I've heard that one you posted and I am just not a fan of how it sounds im not sure if its just that video or what, but if anybody else has a different clip let me know.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, I'll try to post up another sound clip tonight maybe. I'll do interior and exterior. That should silence the critics

Old 03-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Banned
jbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant futurejbracefan1977 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by stikystikyricky
After taking my laptop with pics to two different shops I came to the conclusion I needed 14"/ OVAL / POLISHED / OFF SET INLET CENTER... ( i dont know if I said that right.. but that means one end of the pipe is not in the center.. the other end is in the center)
Anyways here is the setup I went with...

Magnaflow #14225 which is 2 1/4" inlet/outlet. After searching for hours my best price was here:
http://www.allexhaust.com/magnaflow/
Enter the promo code "magnaflow" and you get two of them shipped for $158. Make sure you buy this or a similar polished version because you can see the exhaust from standing behind the car.

As far as the tips go.. Tips were quite expensive at local shops so I got a set off ebay. Keep in mind that when you measure the outlet on the cayenne S there is only like a 7" opening if that. Most the tips the guy had were bigger than that so you want a tip with a 3" outlet so it will have a total of 6" width give or take. Most tips have a 3.5" outlet with a 7" width.. that will probably be cutting it close. I personally think I got a killer deal on the tips I bought.. here at the tips I picked up..
I Just got a set of these too thanks for the heads up on the sweet deal Mangaflow 14225

anyone else should get them before the sale is over use coupon code "magnaflow" it worked for me!

Last edited by jbracefan1977; 04-21-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by Imports
I've been interested in hearing clips as well. I've heard that one you posted and I am just not a fan of how it sounds im not sure if its just that video or what, but if anybody else has a different clip let me know.
If you youtube search "cayenne magnaflow" You get a few videos... Personally I think they V6's sound cleaner with the magnaflows.. The v8s sound too much like an old muscle car... But I dno.. I will have to wait and find out for myself..

Old 03-11-2009, 04:57 AM
Originally Posted by stikystikyricky
If you youtube search "cayenne magnaflow" You get a few videos... Personally I think they V6's sound cleaner with the magnaflows.. The v8s sound too much like an old muscle car... But I dno.. I will have to wait and find out for myself..
Yeah i've done that search a couple of times and the 2 V8s are the same car that i am not too wild about. In my opinion it makes it sound kind of lazy/muffled sound, hard to explain, compared to most aftermarket exhaust for the pepper. I know the magnflows i have on our truck sounds good so i was surprised i didn't like them on the pepper. As for the V6s i think they sound good, but i really am only interested in the V8. Im hoping the videos soon to come will prove me wrong and sway my vote to the custom job because it would be much easier on my wallet in the long run.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:06 PM
I got my magnaflow and tips installed.. I LOVE IT!!!! Its not too loud which I was afraid of, its just perfect and super clean sounding. You can hear the power from the engine.. In love.. will post up pics later

Old 03-18-2009, 06:10 PM
maybe some sound clips too!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow exhaust questions.. Please help!!