Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Magnaflow exhaust questions.. Please help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by stikystikyricky
I got my magnaflow and tips installed.. I LOVE IT!!!! Its not too loud which I was afraid of, its just perfect and super clean sounding. You can hear the power from the engine.. In love.. will post up pics later
Congrats Ricky! Welcome to the club =)

Old 04-04-2009, 07:24 PM
stikystikyricky is infamous around these parts
Sorry for the late reply guys.. But those looking to do Magnaflows, part number 14225 works perfect. As far as tips go, I went with a set on ebay that were 6.5" wide total length. Looks clean, sounds awesome!!! I was going to do bypass, however this is more than enough!

Old 04-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Imports is infamous around these parts
sound clips?

Old 04-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Looking good Ricky! I'll be listing my complete Magnaflow custom exhaust (including Fabspeed bypass pipes) in the classified section next week.

I got a steal of a deal on a Milltek Sport exhaust that was too good to pass up.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:28 AM
stealthTT is infamous around these partsstealthTT is infamous around these parts
very clean and nice install you've got!
I will have mine in a couple of weeks or so and will go the same route.
till then just get that sound clip!
also:
did you allready deleted the 2nd cats? or you still have them?

btw. the youtube file of the Seattle996 isn't what we are up too, cause his was a Turbo! and we know that the NA engine is louder. also from the pictures that I've got he had installed Magnaflow #14215, and he hadn't cat removed!

I have not seen any X pipe on yours system? most of the aftermarket exhaust have a x pipe there made to chill the sounds a little.
thanks.

Last edited by stealthTT; 04-07-2009 at 04:07 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:47 AM
stealthTT is infamous around these partsstealthTT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jeff SD
Looking good Ricky! I'll be listing my complete Magnaflow custom exhaust (including Fabspeed bypass pipes) in the classified section next week.

I got a steal of a deal on a Milltek Sport exhaust that was too good to pass up.

hey Jeff, I got one question:

you stated on your exhaust thread that there is a possibilty to use 18" mufflers. since I live in Europe I cant just go to the shop that you've been to, so a email adress or a contact to ask them if they have a picture with these 18" installed would help me soo much.
I'm woried (as you probably see) about the sound. since I have allready the Fabspeed cat pipes installed, and as you said before the smaller you go with the size the louder you get with the sound! imagine how it can sound on a NA.

thanks a lot.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
I highly doubt you could get 18" installed easily... I just put in the 14" and it is a tight fit to have the bends from the factory pipes enter the muffler and still have room to fit the bends for the factory tips. My guess is that an 18" muffler would require custom tips with a tighter bend in order to fit the rear valance... Mine is a 04 CTT by the way.

David

Old 04-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by stealthTT
hey Jeff, I got one question:

you stated on your exhaust thread that there is a possibilty to use 18" mufflers. since I live in Europe I cant just go to the shop that you've been to, so a email adress or a contact to ask them if they have a picture with these 18" installed would help me soo much.
I'm woried (as you probably see) about the sound. since I have allready the Fabspeed cat pipes installed, and as you said before the smaller you go with the size the louder you get with the sound! imagine how it can sound on a NA.

thanks a lot.
Hi Stealth - I said that magnaflow makes an 18 inch and 14 inch. You need the 14 inch catback for the Cayenne.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by Jeff SD
Hi Stealth - I said that magnaflow makes an 18 inch and 14 inch. You need the 14 inch catback for the Cayenne.

ok. it's clear now. thanks,

Ilie.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by stikystikyricky
Sorry for the late reply guys.. But those looking to do Magnaflows, part number 14225 works perfect. As far as tips go, I went with a set on ebay that were 6.5" wide total length. Looks clean, sounds awesome!!! I was going to do bypass, however this is more than enough!

have you had the chance to record the sound yet?

Old 11-15-2009, 10:34 PM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
Hey Stickyricky,

Any updates on the system you have...or even better yet, any sound clips? Would love to hear them. I know there's a few on youtube, but it would be nice to compare them to yours. Thanks again.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:28 AM
Hey, i got mine did the same way as yours. it sounds nasty, but a little raspy over 3-4k rpm. If I have to do it again, for sure I'll place an X pipe there. the oem catback has and H pipe, but after removing the 2ndary cats the raspy sound comes clear. my adivise is to use like I said an X pipe juste before the mufflers.

I'll try to get a sound clip of mine.

chears,

Ilie

Old 11-19-2009, 07:21 AM
fredjchavez is infamous around these parts
Sticky, how bout some clips?

BTW...how come cat bypasses are so expensive? 500 bucks to start? You have got to be out of your mind...entire exhaust systems start at 500...

Anyone have any clips on bypassed cats? I'm thinking about it for the performance and just a little more "hello" from the S...

Old 11-02-2010, 02:10 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
guys correct me if I am wrong but basically you can get Magnaflow, flow master or for that matter.........friggin glass packs installed as long as the muffler shop has the ability to make them bend and attach them to the rig?