Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

About to buy an 06 Pure Red Titanium S..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 06:50 AM
c1pinang is infamous around these parts
About to buy an 06 Pure Red Titanium S..

Hey All, I am new to this forum and am about to buy a certified 06 titanium edition from a Porsche dealer in MO. I live near Philly, PA. This would be the first time for me to buy a car online. Salesman claimed the car is flawless, no dings, chips, which is hard to believe when the car already has 34k miles. Carfax is clear. I am somewhat comfortable with the fact that this car is a CPO and will be covered up to 6 yrs or 100k miles from its in-service date, but is there anything else I should worry about?

New sets of brakes and tires replaced at 30k service. Standard titanium edition options, but no air suspension and pano roof.

Thanks

Ed

Last edited by c1pinang; 03-05-2009 at 07:01 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-05-2009, 08:10 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
I bought mine from a dealer in Phoenix (eBay). Sight-unseen. I was pretty nervous but the car was 99% as clean as they had indicated. If you have the CPO warranty then I would feel good about your transaction.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:30 AM
thanks Seattlebum, you have a nice car!!!
yours is lowered nicely, if i dont have air suspension, what would you recommend to lower my soon-to-be titanium?

I am also looking for 22", but dont wanna spend $5-6k since this car will be my wifes daily driver. I wanna stay away from the reps sold in ebay. I like the 5 spoke look, do you know a brand n where i could get one?

Old 03-05-2009, 07:32 PM
wilfred is infamous around these parts
so i guess you did not get the one in OH? Btw, did you get the 2 messages I sent you before?

Old 03-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Yeah I got your posts on rennlist. I ended up buying the one from MO because I got a better deal. I cant wait now for the car to arrive

Old 03-06-2009, 10:54 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
how much are they asking 4 the car? my wife wants a cayenne also, so if the price is in the good segment, i should make the move. Trade in one of the cars perhaps.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Lil Raja,

Depending on what options and mileage the car has, the price ranges between $35k to $40k for an 06 Cayenne Titanium Edition. I myself got the lower end of the range from a Porsche dealership in St Louis, MO. Mine has 34k miles and just has the standard titanium edition options.

I also looked at a similar car with more options: pano roof and air suspension from a dealer in Ohio. They were asking $39k for it. I opted to buy the one from MO just b/c I couldnt justify paying $5k more for the extra options on a used car

Old 03-06-2009, 01:30 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Can you post pix of your pls?

The red is very nice looking IMHO.

again Congrats.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:36 PM
mudman2 is infamous around these parts
Do what a lot of people do when they buy a car online. Get a board member closer to the seller to go take a look and a test drive. I have done that for a couple of people, a 996cab and a 997. At least you get your own photos of the problems.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:09 PM
wheeze is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by c1pinang
Yeah I got your posts on rennlist. I ended up buying the one from MO because I got a better deal. I cant wait now for the car to arrive
Which dealer from MO did you buy from? Depending on your answer I'll have some "advice" based on my recent experience buying a used CPO boxster

Old 03-06-2009, 08:21 PM
I bought it from Plaza Motor Porsche in Creve Coeur, near St Louis, MO. Did you also buy your CPO Boxter from here?

Other than one incident where the salesman try to sneak in a $195 dealer doc fee on top of the purchase price, I didnt really have any other problem so far. I am still crossing my fingers until my car arrives in about 10 days from today

Old 03-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
Can you post pix of your pls?

The red is very nice looking IMHO.

again Congrats.
Thanks Lil Raja, I dont have pics yet, since I dont have my car yet. It's still in St Louis, MO, and wont get here until a week or so. You can go to autotrader to see the pics that the dealer took. The dealer is called Plaza Motor Porsche btw

Old 03-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by c1pinang
I bought it from Plaza Motor Porsche in Creve Coeur, near St Louis, MO. Did you also buy your CPO Boxter from here?

Other than one incident where the salesman try to sneak in a $195 dealer doc fee on top of the purchase price, I didnt really have any other problem so far. I am still crossing my fingers until my car arrives in about 10 days from today
Yes, I bought from Plaza Motors also. Got a great price on a 2007 CPO boxster. I would suggest you verify everything, no major issues with my car, but all sorts of little things that highly increase my hassle factor and decrease my customer satisfaction

Great communication when they were trying to sell the car, salesman called back immediately and answered email quickly, got the answers to all the info, once sale agreed upon it all slowed to a crawl.

Car was to be transported to me within days, it took two weeks (some of it weather, snow related) very little if any communication. I talked to Chris the porsche manager about the delay, he said car will be there friday during day, Finally transport company called friday night and said we are picking up car now, be there at 7 am saturday am. Car arrived dirty on inside, no big deal I cleaned it up, car had one regular key broken (this was CPO'd?), no windstop. Paperwork all took another 2 weeks to get here, to their credit they have ordered the windstop and new key, but have yet to get it. This week I called a local porsche dealer to inquire about getting the new key programmed and asked them to check the CPO via VIN, and guess what, the boxster was not in the CPO system. I called Plaza, they called back 2-3 days later with some story about they forgot to get it in the computer, they did of course take my money for the CPO and cashed that check right away.

Bottom line, I am having trouble figuring out if they are dishonest or just slow and sloppy, either way be cautious and verify and reverify everything.

The good news, the boxster is awesome, its about 70 today and a great day for a convertible

Wheeze

Last edited by wheeze; 03-07-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Congrats on your Boxter and thanks for sharing your experience with Plaza Motor Weeze! I agree that they are quick and answering all questions. Whoaaa advertising a car as a CPO when it's not, that's false advertising man!! It could've been an honest mistake. So have they entered this car as CPO in the system? If it takes longer, I recommend that you call Porsche NA and complaint about it.

So far I've already wired my payment and now at the mercy of the trucking company to deliver the car. Which trucking company delivered your car? Plaza arranged me to use JMN auto. JMN said that I should have my car between 7-8 days from last Friday, we'll see....

Old 03-08-2009, 06:52 AM
Plaza use Jim's Trucking, but even that was a second choice, the original company never showed up at Plaza. Probably depends who is paying? They paid for my shipping. We'll see about CPO, all paperwork notes the CPO, so I'll give them several days. I am loving the Boxster. GL with your truck, keep us posted as to when it arrives

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: About to buy an 06 Pure Red Titanium S..