Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

buyer beware Plaza Motor Porsche St Louis, MO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:15 PM
sfarris is a name known to allsfarris is a name known to allsfarris is a name known to allsfarris is a name known to allsfarris is a name known to allsfarris is a name known to all
I bought my used cab on eBay from Chicago. Plaza's used car guy recommended magoo.com. They looked the car over and emailed me a report that was spot on. Absolute necessity when buying out of town. If the seller hadn't been 100 percent honest, I would have killed the deal.

Shame that you had the Plaza Porsche exerience. Some of their other depts are quite good.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:28 PM
c1pinang is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
Glad you heard back from them and hopefully this lesson will translate to the rest of us grabbing a CPO.....I was in the auto-biz for 10 years so i don't dispense this advice without care. I will say in this case it was effective, cheap, and in the end no one was bent out of shape besides the service mgr who seamed to have a perpetual bug up his bottom.
Thanks roxboxxx, yeah I was too naive to think that buying a CPO (or at least what they claimed to be) Porsche from a Porsche dealer (not just from any used car dealers) is safe and worry free. I guess I learned my lesson and should've done more research about the dealer, ohh well, lesson learned right?

Thankfully my salesman got back to me trying to reassure me that everything is going to be alright. But, nothing will be alright until I see my car being listed in the PCNA system as a CPO car.

I havent thought about solving this problem through legal action, but I may resort to it if Plaza doesnt fix this issue. Hey, I see that you're from NJ, where in NJ are you from? What kind of Cayenne do you have? Let me guess a CTT hahah, since most of the people on this Cayenne forum owns a CTT

Old 03-10-2009, 08:44 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH right to the heart you went! No i don't have a CTT yet. I spent months looking for a super low millage Cs or Ctt and in the end I bought an S 4 months ago. Back then the MMR for a Turbo was about $45K, its now $36. Every CTT I looked at was $40K+ with 50K miles. Not that i am some cheap bastard, but I had $35K burning a hole in my pocket and the search was becoming to distracting. Anway, in the end I bought my 05 S with 14,900 miles on it and today its at 16,9K. I started searching for a turbo again as I bought a Jubily nose and a pile of upgrades that are due to be put on my Cs next week. By the time i am done I will have at least $7K of upgrades and for that, I kind of want them on a CTT. I was going to post my Cs for sale here as i would rather a porsche fan get it then some waste who cant figure out "why the key is on the left side". Prob is I don't have enough posts yet so I can't. I also am wierded out by autotrader and what have you, as I dont want street people showing up to "take it for a spin bro". As I know I can get the TT I want for around $39 I will prob sell mine for $32 - 33. But again, I am hoping I can post my way to that privilage. Oh and to the joisy thing, Im about 10 min from the meadowlands. You can ushally spot me daily on route 3 doing some ungodly speed, or at least trying to.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Yo Roxboxxx, I have an 05 Nogaro S4 too which I bought back in 06, and obviously have acquired more miles than what you currently have on yours. I was just in New Brunswick area last week, I go there a lot to visit some friends who live there. It seems that both of us have similar taste of cars , gotta meet up sometimes.

I know this is not an Audi forum, but what have you done to your S4? Supercharge it yet hahaha. Do you post on audiworld? I go there a lot. Btw, I only live 20 minutes away from AWE tunning, near Willow Grove, PA

Old 03-10-2009, 09:22 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
LOL - Whoops! - my Audi days are over. I was just abbreviating Cayenne S as Cs. I had a few audi's way back when but got hooked on Porsche in Germany (have an office there). My Biz partner has a 430, a R8 and a Carrera TT - Basically - To much, To tame, and just right. Came home from my last trip and bought my pepper there after. It's hard for me to buy as I was in the biz long enough to know that cars are a bad investment, you almost never get back what you put in, it's allways worse then someone tells you, and your salesguy is NOT you best buddy - even when he is. BTW - your're fotunate on AWE, my local tuner is 45 min away (dam it) - powertech in rockaway. If I land a CTT it will go from the past owner, to the hand wash to powertech for ECU/ Diverters / Exhuast and then to the bodyshop for the jubily nose install. Just hopping I can put a deal together soon as the nice weather is coming, the economy still sucks and i might come to my senses and just keep the S.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:31 PM
LOL, I thought you have an S4, when you said you "bought an S 4 months ago"

Old 03-10-2009, 09:36 PM
yeah - bad use of those characters. My oldest wants an S4, but given the way he drives, I think I will hit him up with a Turbo . . . . . beetle.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:39 AM
wheeze is infamous around these parts
I am still confused about the CPO. The dealers say it is all computerized via VIN with no warranty card or proof from PCNA to me, others are saying i should get some proof from PCNA? Anyone who has a CPO know for sure?

Old 03-11-2009, 09:13 AM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
r u guys legit?

Old 03-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Legit? What does that mean?

Old 03-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Young - So I guess new members are not allowed to discuss topics? Sorry if we are new, but i guess after your 481 posts you have forgotten that you once were new too. I guess if we want to jack up our post count we can just do what I see others do with posts like " Posting this so I can get to 100 posts". I am not flaming here, but i think you should cut new members a break. This is not a paid exclusive club outside of the fact that anyone here that can actually afford one of these cars are typically respectable people. Lets not confuse us with the cheap jap tuner forums bought into by a 18 year old with a $5K of daddies money. We cool?
(keep in mind that many of us also have hundreds of posts on other car forums also).

Wheeze - Here is his first real post - he changed it afterward:

"I don`t think any of these 3 main characters(members) discussing this topic is legit It`s always the same...
new members with very few posts open a thread and flame on a dealership or board sponsor or what - ever"

sorry in advance if you guys tell the truth

Old 03-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Ah youth, I remember it well. All I can say is that the issue posted here by me are real, and that I am having some trouble with all the lingo and abbreviations but I'll get it eventually. (I do know WTF). I have some email contact with the other member regarding his issue. To youngbimmer... I did not visit or find this site until after I got my P-car, therefore the new user and low post count, I wish I had found it earlier to get one the members who had experience with Plaza to give me a heads up. Being dismissive of our issues as youth flaming dealers or sponsors will hardly help us or future potential purchasers avoid similar problems

Wheeze

Old 03-11-2009, 12:01 PM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
I did not want to flame on you because you are new or anything like that..
I`m still a newbie so that would not make sense to me

Just wanted to see what the deal is....
I`m sorry if you felt offended by my post.

wish you guys best of luck with the said dealer

Old 03-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by youngbimmer
I did not want to flame on you because you are new or anything like that..
I`m still a newbie so that would not make sense to me

Just wanted to see what the deal is....
I`m sorry if you felt offended by my post.

wish you guys best of luck with the said dealer
Thanks, we are just trying to get this sorted out. No offense taken

Old 03-11-2009, 06:56 PM
stealthn is infamous around these parts
I have a CPO, and the dealer I bought the pepper off of entered it all. When I brought it into my local dealer, they could see right in their computers it was CPO. I never did get anything from the dealer indicating the CPO, but I did get a bunch or freebe stuff from Porsche like I just bought a new truck.

This does need to be done by the selling dealer, and it shouldn't take more than a few minutes. Get PCNA on a phone call, then conference in the dealer, confirm you have a CPO from them they just haven't entered it yet. Tell them you and PCNA will wait online until it's entered and get PCNA to verify it's in their DB. If the dealer refuses, you have PCNA online to hear the fraud. (get everyone's name and contact information before hanging up)

Good luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: buyer beware Plaza Motor Porsche St Louis, MO