Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne vs Fx45 vs X5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 03:51 AM
joeygambino is infamous around these partsjoeygambino is infamous around these partsjoeygambino is infamous around these partsjoeygambino is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cuemaster
its got a hemi
whats that car in your pic

Old 03-27-2009, 10:16 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Screamin911
Not a fan? lol
definitely not, I've never owned a car from big3, hopefully never will

Old 03-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Screamin911 has a spectacular aura aboutScreamin911 has a spectacular aura about
haha that 1 will outrun pretty much every SUV on the market at half the cost! Love it

Old 03-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Renegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by pcst
definitely not, I've never owned a car from big3, hopefully never will
I've owned all sorts of cars; have 2 pcars right now, and the SRT8 was one of my most favorite SUVs i've had. And modded they will rape just about anything from a dig.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:32 PM
porscheaudifam is infamous around these parts
but it is Jeep! plastic interior and doors that close like a ....Jeep!
Cayenne TT over FX anyday.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:49 PM
Renegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of lightRenegades is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by porscheaudifam
but it is Jeep! plastic interior and doors that close like a ....Jeep!
Cayenne TT over FX anyday.
I agree, I hated the plastic interior, but for something like that it doesn't matter... My 996 Turbo is what I use when I need the full leather interior, the Jeep is great for destroying people's pride in their turbos, vettes, etc; hauling the jet skis, going wake boarding, snow boarding, carrying people, looking plain bad ***, sounds sick, etc.

I agree that the Cayenne TT is a sweet SUV, and i've thought about picking one up. I work at the Porsche dealership here, so i'm in Caynne Turbos all the time, even Turbo S's, and they're nuts. But I can tell you an SRT8 would no doubt have it beat in acceleration, launching, cornering, weight, cost, etc., and its much less expensive to modify. I have a vortec kit sitting in my basement for an SRT8. That kit would put an SRT8 at 11.5-11.7 in the 1/4 mile consistently; i've seen it done.... All for less than $30k.

I love the interior of the Cayennes too, but they don't handle straight acceleration and turns like the Jeep does. I like their air suspension though, that's a +.

Either way, it depends on what you're looking for, but I think most would agree the SRT8 isn't just a Jeep... You'll see them in garages next to exotic cars cause its that person's daily driver; its a luxurious fast as hell SUV that will pretty much run down any other SUV out there.... and it leaves you with money to mod your Turbo, Ferrari, Lambo, etc.

I say hell that's a deal.

Turbo is good for hauling the track car, nice car for the wife, or just if you want a quick very luxurious SUV.

Last edited by Renegades; 03-31-2009 at 02:52 PM.