Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My 05 Cayenne - LOTS of mods, pics & observations

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Dougb756 is infamous around these parts
Nice ride Rox..........

Old 06-05-2011, 07:50 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Thanks doug

Old 06-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Juejaimon is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mama'sCayenne
Nice job. Looks awesome! I hope to do some stuff to my '04 S and I have to say your work is spurring me on to get some done soon. I am drooling at your pics.
Hi there..i noticed that you ahve some daytime driving lights on you picture... are those teh Hella DRL? and is there a power source to pull the 12v power from nearby that is on with the keys in the ignition?... i've search there to find the power but came out with nil...

Old 06-06-2011, 09:11 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Juejaimon
Hi there..i noticed that you ahve some daytime driving lights on you picture... are those teh Hella DRL? and is there a power source to pull the 12v power from nearby that is on with the keys in the ignition?... i've search there to find the power but came out with nil...
They are hellas and I pull my power from the original fog wiring. As such, they only work when I activate the fog switch.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:33 AM
TenaciousT is infamous around these parts
Awesome job. Wish I had that much time! How did you like the R1 rotors? I need some brakes here soon and saw the slotted E-line are pretty darn reasonable from R1. I live in NE Ohio though and lots of snow/salt....does the zinc coating actually prevent rust? Thanks!

Old 06-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by TenaciousT
Awesome job. Wish I had that much time! How did you like the R1 rotors? I need some brakes here soon and saw the slotted E-line are pretty darn reasonable from R1. I live in NE Ohio though and lots of snow/salt....does the zinc coating actually prevent rust? Thanks!

Thanks. My R1 high hats and edges did rust. I had to remove them, clean them up and then paint them with G1. After the G1, no rust. For the price, REALLY hard to beat. No pulsing, no cracking and I swear I brake to the limit sometimes. My pads still squeak now and then , but its the price you pay for dustless. I will be adding stainless steel lines soon to so i will make sure I post those results.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:39 AM
06CayenneTurboS is infamous around these parts
Great thread. You have reassured me to go 275/45r20 instead of 265/40r20.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:24 AM
NP - I am here to help ! I am also surprised how often this thread gets revived

Old 12-12-2011, 04:51 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Reviving..........I want to know if anyone has done the LED tail lamps and how are they holding up after 6 months...1 year, hell 3 years....

RoxxBoxx, did you ever do the rear tints or LED rears?

Old 12-19-2011, 02:08 AM
Erik G is infamous around these parts
Nice ride!

Old 01-26-2012, 02:21 PM
ArcticT is infamous around these parts
Great thread for a beginner like me.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:52 PM
carreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the rough
Take a look at this post. I just bought a set and think they are amazing. Clean up the look of the car, and work very well. Mine are at the end of the post with pictures.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...il-lights.html

Old 01-27-2012, 02:55 AM
loveivs is infamous around these parts
The LED tail light looks CHEAP. I looked into them few years back. OEM one is 100% nicer. I'll stick with the OEM till I see other good options.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:17 AM
carreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the roughcarreracup03 is a jewel in the rough
I am sure these are the same lights you looked into a few years ago ... but they definitely do not look cheap at all. Looks like you have a 2008 with the LED lights ... I have a 2005 without them. My friend has a 2008 and we did a side by side comparison ... these LEDs look just as good.

Last edited by carreracup03; 01-27-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:28 AM
loveivs is infamous around these parts
Those LED tail light is either made in Taiwan or made in China. I wanted to get a black smoked one, all my friend says it will just look like those aftermarket LED tail light on Jap cars. I end up using the factory one as they are already LED'ed. Well, the aftermarket LED tail light can surely stand out, I believe they are brighter at night. If your friend has done a side by side comparison already, you may give a go ^^

I've seen few cayenne with Hamann tail light. Those light looks okay, but not my taste. I've also seen Hamann style light on chinese eBay. They looks no difference with the genuine one. but surely you can save quite a bit to buy other mods.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My 05 Cayenne - LOTS of mods, pics & observations