Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

I got the Cargraphic lowering module installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 09:30 PM
Jenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud of
I got the Cargraphic lowering module installed!

More pics here:
http://www.jlosee.com/images/porsche...red/index.html

Went down to Cargraphic USA in NJ on Friday and met HZ, Porsche Babe and Erik!

Erik did an awesome job with the install and I forgot to take a pic of the best part. The new cargraphic switch that toggles between stock and Cargraphic lowering modes that he integrated into the factory blank plate on my dash. I'll post a pic to this thread with it tonight.

It was great to meet Porsche Babe and her personality on and off the internet is the same energetic enthusiastic one! She took great care of my Fiancee and I while we were there.

I can't say enough great things about Cargraphic USA except if you were planning on getting this mod, or any other they offer, what are you wanting for!

As for the technical stuff. The lowering module ties into the factory one in the rear and a toggle switch is available. It can be left in the back with the unit, or like I had done put in the dash to have it at your finger tips.

I now have 10 lowering modes, 5 factory and 5 Cargraphic. When the Cargraphic unit is on, the 5 modes are roughly 40mm lower than the stock modes. Also the 3 stock dampening modes comfort, normal and sport are all about 20% firmer according to Erik, but I think they are a little more than that.

I rarely used comfort before and now I use it a bit more and sport mode is amazing. Between the increased dampening and lower ride height it really is like drivng a HIGH performance sports sedan.

After getting the unit installed I went on to attend a CVR PCA club Porsche Tour in DE/PA. There were numerous comments about how the Cayenne Turbo looked lowered and also about my ability to not only keep up in the twisties, but out perform most of the 911s and Boxsters on the tour. Granted most of this was due to driver skill and/or the willingness to push it on the backroads, but I am sure the increased handling helped. There were several times on a tight fast corner or over the crest of the hill where I had a huge smile on my face and looked over at my Fiancee and said "can you believe this is an SUV!?"

Old 10-05-2004, 10:46 PM
psychoflex is infamous around these parts
Congrats! Sounds pretty nice. How much did it cost with the install? Do they have a West Coast shop? Thanx

Old 10-05-2004, 10:56 PM
Jenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud of
You'd have to contact them for a west coast location.

Total was $1800 installed.

http://www.cargraphicusa.com/

Old 10-05-2004, 10:57 PM
Also, Can you use this lowering mod with 22" wheels for use in AutoX or DE? ty

Old 10-06-2004, 12:02 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
this is good stuff bro! I think the lowering module is the first mod everyone should get, I wish I have air suspension on my car

Old 10-06-2004, 01:05 AM
Boobie Stars
jamy85 is infamous around these parts
looks great... congratz

Old 10-06-2004, 01:14 AM
Thanks Deetz and Jamy.

Old 10-06-2004, 01:32 AM
Jenner,

Would I run into any problems with the warranty with this lowering mod? What was the feedback you got from your car dealer/service dept? Thanks.

Old 10-06-2004, 01:36 AM
I would advise not telling your service dept about it and setting the toggle switch back to factory when you go in for service.

I don't see why you couldn't use this with 22" wheels, unless you are having rubbing issues now or something. Not sure why it would hurt or affect AutoX or DE in any negative manner.

Old 10-06-2004, 02:02 AM
Erik@Cargraphic is infamous around these parts
22's are no problem.

Erik

Old 10-06-2004, 02:05 AM
Erik,

What is your warranty policy for the lowering module? What problems,if any, have people experienced with this mod? Also potentially, what could go wrong? I just want to have all of the bases covered if I was to get this on the CT I'm getting. Thanks for the reply.

Old 10-06-2004, 02:21 AM
Erik@Cargraphic is infamous around these parts
psychoflex
check your PM

Old 10-06-2004, 03:39 AM
Erik,
Do you guys have a location in So Cal? Thanks

Old 10-06-2004, 06:21 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, looks cool Jenner

Old 10-12-2004, 09:44 AM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I got the Cargraphic lowering module installed!