Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

how to remove the trunk net?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 10:52 AM
whatever is infamous around these parts
how to remove the trunk net?

Does anyone know how to remove the black trunk net that pulls up and partition between the trunk area and the rear passenger? It came installed in the car and I couldn't figure out how to remove it. Want to fold down the seats with that thing removed so I can carry larger items in the back.

This is not the retractable privacy thing that prevent people seeing what you have in the trunk.

btw, it's a 04 Cayenne S if that makes any difference.

thanks in advance.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !

Old 04-24-2009, 12:01 PM
serious?

Old 04-24-2009, 01:12 PM
canberk is infamous around these parts
lmao

oh my god you made my day Fantasma

lol

Old 04-24-2009, 01:41 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
There is a latch on one side that you push in or pull, can't remember. Just take a look at both ends.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:38 PM
The privacy cover has a latch, but this thing is the black net that pulls up and latch to the roof. Any other tips?

Old 04-24-2009, 04:51 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by whatever
The privacy cover has a latch, but this thing is the black net that pulls up and latch to the roof. Any other tips?

I assumed you already referenced the user's manual?
I thought seeing about this in the manual though.... let me take a look.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:55 PM
SoCal955 is infamous around these parts
It is a very poor design in my opinion, cant partially fold down rear seat, its all or nothing. I believe you can unbolt it from the back of the seats and still use the "privacy screen." Have been meaning to do it myself but have not gotten around to doing it.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by SoCal955
It is a very poor design in my opinion, cant partially fold down rear seat, its all or nothing. I believe you can unbolt it from the back of the seats and still use the "privacy screen." Have been meaning to do it myself but have not gotten around to doing it.
poor design, at least someone else think so too. And I was beginning to think that I must be going crazy. Does anyone know how to unbolt it? I couldn't figure out a way to get to the bolts or which bolt to remove it. It also looks like it should slide out somehow. Maybe I need to go through the manual page by page again....

Old 04-24-2009, 06:56 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
LOL - Took me a week to figure out how to get that thing out.

You need to push it to the right (the passenger side). This means:

1. Put your hand on the left side of the thing.
2. Push very hard towards the passengers side of the vehicle.
3. After it moves to the right about 1 inch, you pull the entire thing towards the rear of the truck.

Visual aid:
..............................................>>>PUSH>>>>>PUSH>>>
| Drivers Side of truck | Gap1| [XXXX cargo net thing XXXX] | Gap 2 | Passenger Side of truck |

Put your hand in Gap 1 and push to the right !

I NEVER put mine back because it stuck a few times and its always when I have no access to tools and need to put the seats down.

My observations:

a.) It does add some rigidity to the split seats so it might actually help in an accident.
b.) It weighs something like 20lbs so it's just more weight i don't need to be lugging around.

Hope this helps !

Old 04-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
LOL - Took me a week to figure out how to get that thing out.

You need to push it to the right (the passenger side). This means:

1. Put your hand on the left side of the thing.
2. Push very hard towards the passengers side of the vehicle.
3. After it moves to the right about 1 inch, you pull the entire thing towards the rear of the truck.

Visual aid:
..............................................>>>PUSH>>>>>PUSH>>>
| Drivers Side of truck | Gap1| [XXXX cargo net thing XXXX] | Gap 2 | Passenger Side of truck |

Put your hand in Gap 1 and push to the right !

I NEVER put mine back because it stuck a few times and its always when I have no access to tools and need to put the seats down.

My observations:

a.) It does add some rigidity to the split seats so it might actually help in an accident.
b.) It weighs something like 20lbs so it's just more weight i don't need to be lugging around.

Hope this helps !
Sweet!!! that was it. Finally got it off. THANKS!!!
I knew there was a trick to it.
To make it easier, I climb into the trunk, fold down the driver side and push it to the right. You are right though, does require quite a bit of force.
While back there, I also notice there is a 2nd mounting point on the bottom. So if I want it out of the way, I can just store it on the bottom mounting point. So looks like the design was that bad after all.

Thanks again, now my driver side folding seat will be useful after all, especially when I don't want to keep taking the baby car seat out on the passenger side.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Vekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really nice
Originally Posted by fantasma

lol !!!

Old 04-24-2009, 11:36 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Glad to help! I swear that thing is more trouble then its worth.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Seano is infamous around these parts
"I swear that thing is more trouble then its worth"

Unless you have two Yellow labs who would prefer to be in your lap than in back

Old 05-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
very funny Fant.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how to remove the trunk net?