Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Things i dont like about the cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:07 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
At least i am glad that I am not alone.

I also thought of 1 more issue - not a defect, poor design or inherent problem, but a preference issue. I need a 4WD/2WD button as I really miss laying a patch (to which I know I could if I was not stuck in 4wd all the time).

Old 04-30-2009, 05:46 AM
amalamud is infamous around these parts
The 2nd gear thing bothers me the most. That's why I drive in SPORT most of the time.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:37 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Oh, and here is a biggie!!!
What is up with the stupid rear seat fold down process?
1. Move front seats forward so you are crammed against the steering wheel (6'-0" tall)
2. Fold lower seating cushions forward
3. REMOVE HEADRESTS FROM REAR SEATBACKS!!!
4. INSERT HEADRESTS INTO FOLDED LOWERS!!!!
5. Fold rear seatbacks down.
6. Drive in a very uncomfortable position too close to the steering wheel.

That is just pure idiocy on a car of this caliber.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:53 AM
mikster994 is infamous around these parts
Wow.....just bought my Cayenne and looking thru everyones list. Haven't had it long enough to notice everything yet, but I found that door lock issue in the first 15 minutes after I had it.

Mickey
Houston, TX

95 993
04 Cayenne Turbo
07 Mercedes CLS 550

Old 05-02-2009, 04:37 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
WIND NOISE MYSTERY SOLVED !

You may have seen my past comments about the horrid wind noise in the cayenne when any combination of front window(s) are down. I was thinking about why this was happening and trying to apply a little science. I figured that in order for the wind to intrude as much as it does, it has to be directed to do so. Well at 60MPH I folded in both rear view mirrors and the noise when away. Back out, wind starts again. SO NOW I KNOW - its the bloody huge mirrors. I may experiment with taping a small lip on the outer portion of the mirror. If it works, its not hard to make a fiberglass version.

Old 05-02-2009, 05:36 PM
starchy1 is infamous around these parts
I thought that wind issue was my imagination. Glad to see it's not only my problem. Have had the car two weeks, and I also can't get used to the key on the left side. The other thing I noticed is forgetting to turn the seat heaters off and wondering why my *** is on fire the next time I drive it. We'll see what comes up in the next few weeks.

Old 05-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Vekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really nice
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
WIND NOISE MYSTERY SOLVED !

You may have seen my past comments about the horrid wind noise in the cayenne when any combination of front window(s) are down. I was thinking about why this was happening and trying to apply a little science. I figured that in order for the wind to intrude as much as it does, it has to be directed to do so. Well at 60MPH I folded in both rear view mirrors and the noise when away. Back out, wind starts again. SO NOW I KNOW - its the bloody huge mirrors. I may experiment with taping a small lip on the outer portion of the mirror. If it works, its not hard to make a fiberglass version.

What else did you think it was? Of course its the side mirrors.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:29 PM
HEY ! Don't rain on my little epiphany ! I was originally suspecting it was due to a
parabolic anomaly in the time/space continuum, and I could not test that as my Flux Capacitor is busted.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Vekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really nice
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
HEY ! Don't rain on my little epiphany ! I was originally suspecting it was due to a
parabolic anomaly in the time/space continuum, and I could not test that as my Flux Capacitor is busted.

Lol. Good one.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:48 PM
Kerr is infamous around these parts
talk about wind noise, i have a 01 2500 sububran with the HUGE tow mirrors... At 60+ its like a leaf blower beside you.. However the wind turbilance coming in the window still isnt catagory 9 lol...

Old 05-03-2009, 08:10 PM
bmwm506 is infamous around these parts
Pepper?

Old 05-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Seano is infamous around these parts
1) +1 ... would much prefer paddles behind the wheel

2) I kind of like it ... but then again, I'm often driving a convertible, too. I also talk on the phone a lot less with the windows down!

3) I was told at the dealer that the computer maps shift patterns based on driving habits ... someone could probably confirm, but I try damn hard to convince it to give me more rapid shifting!

4) Yup! Chews 'em up.

5) On my '04 S there is a comfort setting which slides the seat up for exit/entry and back once you start the car.

6) Yes....buckle up

7) +1: I have my key program to unlock all doors with one press of the fob & unlock all doors on exit ... my wife's don't (+ diff seat position!)

Old 05-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I'll add one. I hate the low tech miles left until empty.
in every other car of mine, it counts down every single mile, and I can trust it like no other....
in the GTS, only every 5 and when it's low, it's super shotty.

always bothers me.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Imports is infamous around these parts
I as well definately hate the small hurricane coming through my windows and i hate it because i love having the windows down. i also do find that if you roll down the rear windows even a little bit it helps a small amount. It still is a little ridiculous though.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:32 AM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
Flea bay sell some great wind deflectors for the cayenne, and they look ok on also.

1 thing i don't like is the window buttons are too far back for me, i have to lift my (long monkey arms) off the arm rest to opperate them, why could they not have put them forward of your fingers when resting on the arm rest??

thing i love the most is the "non rolling back" function when on a hill and in drive.(never had that before on my auto's)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Things i dont like about the cayenne