Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Things i dont like about the cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Kerr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ONE234
Flea bay sell some great wind deflectors for the cayenne, and they look ok on also.

1 thing i don't like is the window buttons are too far back for me, i have to lift my (long monkey arms) off the arm rest to opperate them, why could they not have put them forward of your fingers when resting on the arm rest??
A man on that.. I ment to mention it, Once i get use to the window switch i get in another car and roll down the back windows.

Its in a good place if i didnt have a hand lol.. just arm and finger where my wrist is.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:42 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Jace
I'll add one. I hate the low tech miles left until empty.
in every other car of mine, it counts down every single mile, and I can trust it like no other....
in the GTS, only every 5 and when it's low, it's super shotty.

always bothers me.

Agreed, wish it was more accurate.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:32 PM
v10eatr is infamous around these parts
Kerr,

Are you selling your cayenne already? I thought I might have seen it for sale the other day when I was doing a search.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:02 AM
OldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really niceOldstockS is just really nice
Ok, i see that my question have been answered in this thread
But still i don´t understand what to do

When i unlock the car, i want all doors to unlock.
And i want them all to be unlocked untill i lock the car.
I want to be able to open all the doors both from the inside and the outside all the time when it is unlocked.

Peter

Old 05-21-2009, 07:33 AM
Kerr is infamous around these parts
V10eater,

Yes i would like to sale it, but i dont have enough post to post it up for sale on here. I took it in on trade for my highley modified toyota supra and really dont have a use for the cayenne. I love it, and its a blast to drive, but with my job i cant drive it for work, which only leaves the weekend and we usually take the suburban when we go out. Its been setting in the garage for two weeks now Just seems like a lot of money i could used for home improvements or invest for the kids college fund..

If you or anyone else wants some info id be happy to talk to you.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:19 AM
v10eatr is infamous around these parts
I remember your car

When I was selling some of my past Supras, especially my old Widebody RSP, I remember some of the interesting trade offers... at least you got a good offer instead of the normal riced out cars. I think that Hua even offered me his right arm at one point in time

I didnt have enough posts either to try to post and sell my 550. I ended up PMing Gramicci101 on here and he posted my FS ad for me.

Kevin

Old 05-27-2009, 11:20 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
Hovy - Wind IS Wind - until the Cayenne window hole gets a hold of it at which time it becomes a category 4 super cell capable of stripping the fibers from your rugs, de-flocking an Alcantara headliner and inducing temporary paralysis of the cochlear.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:18 AM
cawhale is infamous around these parts
Personally few things I don't like:

- Cup holders before shifting ****, when you put your drink there, especially with straw, it bothers your hand.
- I hope I can turn on/off A/C like other cars.
- Folding rear seats, too many steps to just fold down the rear seats.
- Rear seats not adjustable.
- Key is too BIG to put into your pocket.
- Can't remote open doors, when you walk behind and want to open doors for your family.
- Ignition is on your left (I am used to right).
- Wiper has to pull up instead of push down which I am used to.
- Wiper timing is off. It goes faster when I drive into the garage or indoor. Not sure if it's only me.
- Steering is pretty heavy.
- Clutch - It shifts to lower gear when you slow down or go down slope.
- The cooling fans running after you turned off the engine.
- Heat coming out on both sides of the body (I guess it's the exhaust?)

Old 07-26-2012, 07:36 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Lots of that stuff is really just nitpicking though, not really design issues or flaws. I agree with a few of your comments, but I don't worry about where the key is located or which direction I have to push or pull a lever.

Of all the things on this thread, the only one that really bothers me is wind in the cabin with the driver's window down. Opening the rear window helps a little.

I've never had the issues described with unlocking the car. Mine works fine from any position relative to the car, and it unlocks all the doors with the single push of the button.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:40 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Dennis just sold another home up in your neck of the woods yesterday, lovely area, then had a nice dinner at the Chart House; please let me know if you ever need anything.

As for a reply to cawhale, these are much improved with the new 2011+ years.
But really, cooling fans running after shut down is an annoyance?
downshifting when breaking or descending down a hill? this helps save your brakes.
I love this feature, even more noticeable when in sport mode, great help.
the rest, well, everyone has quirks.
happy driving

Last edited by Jace; 07-26-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by Dennis C
Lots of that stuff is really just nitpicking though, not really design issues or flaws. I agree with a few of your comments, but I don't worry about where the key is located or which direction I have to push or pull a lever.
Yes I agree. It's not like a big deal, just have to get used to. But let's look at this, if you open the door with your left hand which I believe most drivers do, and key in your right hand, once you get into the seat, you have to pass your key in your right hand to your left hand and switch on the ignition. Many drivers may not notice these little things but since I just bought the car and still learning every details about it. Like I said, I love the car, no doubt about it, just some minor things I don't like but have to live with.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:54 AM
garukun is infamous around these parts
Dont know if it's been said:

The air conditioning is horrible, in cold weather: turning off ECON (aka A/C on) means foggy windshield; in hot weather turning off ECON means hot air blows into your cabin even though the wind blow outside of your window is chilly.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by garukun
Dont know if it's been said:

The air conditioning is horrible, in cold weather: turning off ECON (aka A/C on) means foggy windshield; in hot weather turning off ECON means hot air blows into your cabin even though the wind blow outside of your window is chilly.
I wanted to say that but I thought it just me. I thought I didn't know how to operate or something's wrong. A/C is ok if temp is below 25'C. I don't feel the difference with ECON on or off.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by Jace
But really, cooling fans running after shut down is an annoyance?
downshifting when breaking or descending down a hill? this helps save your brakes.
I love this feature, even more noticeable when in sport mode, great help.
the rest, well, everyone has quirks.
happy driving
I actually like the downshifting if driving myself, but with family, it's a bit too aggressive. The 8speed in newer models may have improved this.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:00 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by cawhale
Yes I agree. It's not like a big deal, just have to get used to. But let's look at this, if you open the door with your left hand which I believe most drivers do, and key in your right hand, once you get into the seat, you have to pass your key in your right hand to your left hand and switch on the ignition. Many drivers may not notice these little things but since I just bought the car and still learning every details about it. Like I said, I love the car, no doubt about it, just some minor things I don't like but have to live with.
Comfort access!
Guess I never realize

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Things i dont like about the cayenne