Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Things i dont like about the cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cawhale
Yes I agree. It's not like a big deal, just have to get used to. But let's look at this, if you open the door with your left hand which I believe most drivers do, and key in your right hand, once you get into the seat, you have to pass your key in your right hand to your left hand and switch on the ignition. Many drivers may not notice these little things but since I just bought the car and still learning every details about it. Like I said, I love the car, no doubt about it, just some minor things I don't like but have to live with.
You'll definitely get used to it. Having two Porsches in the garage, I have really gotten used to having the key on the left. I always find myself reaching to the left, even when I'm in a rental car or other non-Porsche vehicle. Before the Porsches, I drove a Saab and got really used to having the key on the console between the front seats.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:29 PM
Turkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond repute
Here it goes...

The key fob should have a lock and unlock button, SEPARATELY.
There is no beep so I cant tell if im locking or unlocking the dang thing. (who is going to look for flashing lights? even a goose noise from the trunk would suffice)

Key fob could be a lot smaller and classier

aux port? 100k for a truck and no way to connect to the sound system?

stitching on the armrest is worn and pokes my arm, who the hell stitches armrests?

DC adapter in the cigarette tray is the dumbest design EVAR!

There glass door in the trunk that opens, its too high and unneccassry.
Instead spend the money on making a trunk door that has a hydraulic opener and save everybody the effort.

My 911tt and this Cayenne are my first Porsches and oh man the ergnonomic/interior design teams need to be completely fired.

If this thing wasnt 550 hp and handled like a car I would have never got it...

Old 07-29-2012, 01:16 AM
bansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Turkish
Here it goes...

The key fob should have a lock and unlock button, SEPARATELY.
There is no beep so I cant tell if im locking or unlocking the dang thing. (who is going to look for flashing lights? even a goose noise from the trunk would suffice)

Key fob could be a lot smaller and classier

aux port? 100k for a truck and no way to connect to the sound system?

stitching on the armrest is worn and pokes my arm, who the hell stitches armrests?

DC adapter in the cigarette tray is the dumbest design EVAR!

There glass door in the trunk that opens, its too high and unneccassry.
Instead spend the money on making a trunk door that has a hydraulic opener and save everybody the effort.

My 911tt and this Cayenne are my first Porsches and oh man the ergnonomic/interior design teams need to be completely fired.

If this thing wasnt 550 hp and handled like a car I would have never got it...
I agree the key should have lock and unlock button seperately. However, I like it with no beep though. When I locked on my Panamera it beep like a Honda! I was like what tha!!! it made my Panamera sound so cheap! My co-workers/friends was like..."wow that is one horrindeous beep for a car like that."

Old 07-29-2012, 08:30 AM
tooch is infamous around these parts
I really love my'06 CTT one of the most comfortable riding and driving vehicles I've owned. One complaint not mentioned here is the ground view of the rear view camera. Why not a more panoramic view of what you might back into instead of what you might back over.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:27 AM
cawhale is infamous around these parts
I actually turned on the beep from the dash board. The reason is because I don't always look for the flashes. I think the beep tone is not that bad though.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Glad every single complaint just mentioned is corrected in the new cayenne.
Time to update folks.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Even the newer first gen Cayennes had the key fob updated, if I'm not mistaken...

Old 07-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Turkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond reputeTurkish has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jace
Glad every single complaint just mentioned is corrected in the new cayenne.
Time to update folks.
That's really good to know.

My next vehicle will be a new body ctt as long as gas prices dont shoot
over $5 a gal.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Wink

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Lots of that stuff is really just nitpicking though, not really design issues or flaws.
Totally agree. I noticed many thugs in this tread that show that people have not read their owners manual or are simply used to another car.

My only single annoyance with the CTT was the lack of being able to input a good digital signal to the stereo. But in all fairness none of my other 8 vehicles came with that ability stock either.

Of all the things on this thread, the only one that really bothers me is wind in the cabin with the driver's window down. .
This is a funny one to me. After driving my 951 around for a few years I REALLY appreciate a car with good airflow through the windows when down. The 951 flow almost zero air through it with the windows down and it's extremely annoying.

Kinda defeats the point of opening the window if you can't get air in the car (especially when trying to air out a big of dog breath)

(Full disclaimer, I'm a avid motorcyclist and long time convertible jeep owner so I may simply like airflow more than others)

Originally Posted by cawhale
Yes I agree. It's not like a big deal, just have to get used to. But let's look at this, if you open the door with your left hand which I believe most drivers do, and key in your right hand, once you get into the seat, you have to pass your key in your right hand to your left hand and switch on the ignition. Many drivers may not notice these little things but since I just bought the car and still learning every details about it. Like I said, I love the car, no doubt about it, just some minor things I don't like but have to live with.
What is this "key in hand" thing you speak of?. I just leave mine in my pocket

Old 07-30-2012, 10:41 AM
cawhale is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Cole
What is this "key in hand" thing you speak of?. I just leave mine in my pocket
That's the thread is talking about. You don't like using the key so you put into your pocket. I put into my pocket as well because I don't like using the key.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:27 PM
garukun is infamous around these parts
Some more things I didn't like my cayenne, 08 at least,about:
- Headlight is not automatic
- The little plastic cover for the upper hatch falls off so easily
- The cup holder in the back pops open so easily that any fifth person in the middle always pops it open....
- The little red panic button on the remote falls off so easily. Now, there's no way for me to trigger panic mod on my car anymore.
- oh had I mention the useless SIM card slot...

Old 08-01-2012, 07:16 PM
fast996 is infamous around these parts
my favorite is the "!" because the rear glass hatch never fully locks : (

Originally Posted by garukun
- The cup holder in the back pops open so easily that any fifth person in the middle always pops it open....
- The little red panic button on the remote falls off so easily. Now, there's no way for me to trigger panic mod on my car anymore.
just lost that little plastic cover for the hatch this week, think the dealer sells them? whyyy Porsche ,,, whyyyyy haha

Last edited by fast996; 08-01-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:09 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by garukun
Option - although at the price of a P!G it should be standard.
GLUE, expecially since you can't order just the cover now..
Mine wouldn't open at all until it was replaced under warranty. It's pretty much useless IMHO.
More glue. My keys were replaced under warranty since the panic buttons disappeared. When I got the new ones I used a bit of CrazyGlue at each end of the button in the crack between the button and key. Dunno if they work (I haven't panicked) but they haven't fallen off. Upside was - brand new keys with new batteries (CPO is wonderful!)
Well, if you wanted to spend a LOT of money it might be made to work, or not. I went the Dension route instead and got lots more for less money.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:15 PM
garukun is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by deilenberger
Option - although at the price of a P!G it should be standard.GLUE, expecially since you can't order just the cover now..Mine wouldn't open at all until it was replaced under warranty. It's pretty much useless IMHO.More glue. My keys were replaced under warranty since the panic buttons disappeared. When I got the new ones I used a bit of CrazyGlue at each end of the button in the crack between the button and key. Dunno if they work (I haven't panicked) but they haven't fallen off. Upside was - brand new keys with new batteries (CPO is wonderful!)
Well, if you wanted to spend a LOT of money it might be made to work, or not. I went the Dension route instead and got lots more for less money.
At some point Porsche will start selling Porsche certified glue.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:50 PM
bansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to allbansasn is a name known to all
They will do it to. Just to suck out every penny we have.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Things i dont like about the cayenne