Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Things i dont like about the cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 12:01 AM
cawhale is infamous around these parts
Please take good care of the key! Just asked dealer, the whole set including the electronic and programming, it's about $400. Ebay does have the case only for around $35.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:29 PM
DRYRUNNER is infamous around these parts
My beefs:
1. The 3 homelink garage door buttons don't work without the key being ON.
2. The stereo is horrible. (standard bose)
3. Ride is brutal (non-air suspension)
4. The front seats kill my lower back. And my wife's back.
5. The yellow LCD display on the radio and gauge cluster has already faded. You can't see it while wearing sunglasses, or daylight. Unbelievable. Was any testing done on this?
6. Cheap armrest. bad latching system.
7. Plastic coolant pipes.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Wink

Originally Posted by DRYRUNNER
My beefs:
Haha....

All my American made a cars had the homelink powered 100% of the time. Stupidest set up on earth!!

Leave your car in the driveway or parked outside at night and all any criminal has to do is break a window on your car and have full access to your house

Or they could just steal the sun visor or mirror set up in many USA cars along with your registration paperwork and just head to your house and open it up.

The homelink in the Cayenne is actually pretty well thought out. There is no reason at all, ever, not once, that the homelink shoud need to be used when the key to the car is not available or the car running other than shear laziness.

From the rest of your complaints it sounds like you should have bought a comfy Escalade with the big boom boom stereo

I all seriousness the Cayenne is NOT a "luxury SUV" it's a "SPORTS CAR" dressed up as an SUV. It's going to ride like a Sports Car unless you actually pony up for the air suspension and even then, it still rides like a Sports Car.

Last edited by Cole; 10-05-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:01 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DRYRUNNER
My beefs:
While it can be annoying, it's done for a reason. Like if you park your car in your driveway - someone can't break into it and use the Homelink to open your garage door then rape and murder you. I'll put up with the annoyance.
2. The stereo is horrible. (standard bose)
3. Ride is brutal (non-air suspension)
What tires are on it? With Continental Extreme Contact DWS the ride is actually quite good. The stock Michelin's were rather harsh.
4. The front seats kill my lower back. And my wife's back.
No lumbar adjuster? I've driven mine for 800 mile days more then once and the seat was fine for my old arthritic back and butt..
5. The yellow LCD display on the radio and gauge cluster has already faded. You can't see it while wearing sunglasses, or daylight. Unbelievable. Was any testing done on this?
Polarized sunglasses? That'll do that. Mine is just fine.
6. Cheap armrest. bad latching system.
It's not cheap if you break it.. the latch system does sorta suck, I always end up with the top compartment flipping open when I open the bottom compartment.
7. Plastic coolant pipes.
Yeah - well, I'm sure the plastic "seemed like a good idea at the time.."

Sounds like some of your complaints are due to your not having some upgrades that were optional (like the better Bose system, and lumbar support adjustment..) Oh well - live and learn eh?