Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Things i dont like about the cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Kerr is infamous around these parts
Things i dont like about the cayenne

Ive had the pepper now for about 3 weeks and here are a list of things i dont like about.. None are bad i guess it just take some time to get use to it.

1) the triptonic shifter on the steering wheels is in the same place mercedes puts there radio controls. So after 6 years in a G500 ever time i go to turn up or down the radio i get shift gears and look like i cant drive.

2) The wind from the window being down is crazy.

3) 2nd gear start and holding gears. Im in the mountains and it seems like this is always in to low of a gear. say you going 40-45 mph it will just stay in 3ed or 4th.. I guess they are all like that?

4) Rapid tire ware lol.. Im running the summer tires porsche recomends and when you pull out it leaves faint black marks... When you use the turbos it leaves darker black marks... i dont see these lasting to long!

5) the B? piller behind the front seat is to far forward so ever other time i get in my body pops the trim pannel loose. Maybe i just need to reprogram my brain to get in the car a differnt way. I checked all the clips and they are there and working. It seems my seat is to far back so when my get in my body hits the piller.

6) the freaking seat belt chime... I know i should buckel up but....

7) Locks.. There might be an adjustment for this and i havent found it in the owners manual. When i stop and get out of the car only the drivers door unlocks. So with two kids in day care im always walking back around to the drivers door to hit the unlock button which sucks in the rain.

Other than those few little things i LOVE it!!

Old 04-29-2009, 12:00 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Congrats!

1) I can see that, kindda off topic, but I always try to find the ignition key hole on the right side of the steering wheel

2) Didn't notice a difference between my bmw e39

3) Yes

4) I'm planning on purchasing all-season tires next time, not like I'm going to race around with my CS.

5) I'm only 5'9", haven't experienced this yet.

6) Agreed, you should buckel up

7) I hate auto lock....

Old 04-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Snowman888 is infamous around these parts
6) the chiming sucks especially when you are parking or driving in a lot with your seatbelt off. I wish they would go back to the old school way of just a flashing seatbelt symbol in the dash.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:14 PM
philip_atlanta is infamous around these parts
3. Agree..
7. I believe this adjustable in the settings..at least on my 05 it is.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:38 PM
ChkbookMechanic is infamous around these parts
1) Never really cared since if I want to shift gears, I'll hop in my 911 but I can see how it could get annoying switching to a different setup.
5) I'm 6'3" and it hasn't bothered me, it is easier to get into and out of than my e39 m5 or my 911.
7) I think that is a setting because when I park the car and get out, all the doors are unlocked

Old 04-29-2009, 03:28 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
1) I used to hate the wheel shifter position, but learned to love them when I am multi-tasking and forget that it was in Manual Mode (E.G. - your right hand is in the center console fishing around for a piece of gum when suddenly you see the tach at 7000 RPM.

2) The WIND NOISE is what bothers me the most. I like driving with the window down, but not it the C. Somehow the truck seams to violate some physics law as the amount of air pumping in the window above 20 mph seams unfathomable. My wifes M35 does not even burp when the window is open and my Durango beater is prob the quietest of the lot. I am tempted to design a REMOVABLE wind screen as the permanent ones scream "low rent"

7) The auto lock is adjustable under "convenience settings" so that can solve 1 problem.

New one - Center Console Storage Design Failure! tell me if this has happened to you:

You reach to open the lower console release and hit the upper release by accident. You then get to the lower and upon opening it, you hear the sound of everything fall out of your upper console storage area. For me this is about $30 in change, a pile of adapters, gum, gum rapers, receipts, insurance papers - etc. The really fun part happens when the window is open and everything made of paper is immediately vortexed out of the vehicle.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:41 PM
christx997 is infamous around these parts
lol, the wind with the windows down is Crazy! i quickly learned that opening all the windows while driving is a quick way to dust off your interior.

Last edited by christx997; 04-29-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:50 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
WHOOPs - One more. Maybe I am doing something wrong but, when i use the station up/down controls on the steering wheel, it moves the sat or radio stations to the next station instead of cycling through my pre-sets. Is there a setting for that as i want to listen to flip my presents not listen to XM Oprah.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Vekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really nice
1) go back to benz then

2) the weirdest thing I heard in my life, drove 10 different benz, it was the same thing: wind is wind close ur windows then

3) hmmm ... don't know, can't answer

4) porsche maintenance = 3 x other car's maintenance

5) your used to your benz

6) buckled up and sit on it buckled up

7) which cayenne model do you have, in mine, you can change the settings to unlock driver drive or all doors. mine unlocks all doors.

Last edited by Vekto911; 04-29-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Hovy - Wind IS Wind - until the Cayenne window hole gets a hold of it at which time it becomes a category 4 super cell capable of stripping the fibers from your rugs, de-flocking an Alcantara headliner and inducing temporary paralysis of the cochlear.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:09 PM
hulahula is infamous around these parts
Add to that
8) Foot operated e-brake instead of a proper handbrake.
9) Massive A-pillar.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Vekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really nice
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
Hovy - Wind IS Wind - until the Cayenne window hole gets a hold of it at which time it becomes a category 4 super cell capable of stripping the fibers from your rugs, de-flocking an Alcantara headliner and inducing temporary paralysis of the cochlear.
Sounds like the Cayenne is a living species: "category 4 ", "super cell", "de-flocking", "paralysis of cochlear"

I sure all you said is accurate and that's why i never drive windows down!

Old 04-29-2009, 06:02 PM
christx997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hovy82
1) go back to benz then

2) the weirdest thing I heard in my life, drove 10 different benz, it was the same thing: wind is wind close ur windows then

3) hmmm ... don't know, can't answer

4) porsche maintenance = 3 x other car's maintenance

5) your used to your benz

6) buckled up and sit on it buckled up

7) which cayenne model do you have, in mine, you can change the settings to unlock driver drive or all doors. mine unlocks all doors.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:22 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
#1 – The steering wheel buttons are positioned at the right location for proper racing hand position. Although the Cayenne is not a race vehicle for most uses, their racing heritage surely dictated their positioning. I wish they were paddles behind the wheel though. The upshift buttons are a little awkward.

#2 – If you open the driver’s window and the rear window right behind it at the same time, the crazy wind pressure goes away. You’re welcome. LOL

#4 – I bought the Vredestein Sessanta SUV’s in 295’s and so far, so good.

#5 – I am not popping the B Pillar panel, but rather, the A pillar trim on the upward slope. It pops out from behind the rubber gasket right at the headliner joint. It is very annoying since only friction holds it in place.

#6 - +1

#7 – You can adjust them in the setup screens. Toggle through them and you will find the settings.

Roxboxxx,
ROFLMAO!!!

Old 04-29-2009, 08:20 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
2) rolling down the rear window does not really help in this vehicle. that's why you get panna and try and be pleased with open air driving.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Things i dont like about the cayenne