Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Question- Braking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:43 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
If you went from stock to performance with no change at all, I would not look at the mechanical aspects any further. I would instead focus on the hydraulics. Ideally, you should hit the phones and call local (non-dealer) shops that work on Pcars. Explain the steps you went through and see if you get someone that has seen it before. Sorry you went through the expense with no gains

Old 06-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bcherry

Separately, when something (like 3rd party parts/upgrades) "voids" your warranty, does it void the whole thing or just the parts changed?

Google "Magnuson Moss"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

They can't void any part of your warranty, period. They can only refuse to cover a failure that they can prove wa caused directly by the aftermarket product.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:03 AM
bodi333 is infamous around these parts
bcherry
i have the same problem and also have taken my to the dealer a few different times for this issue. they have replace most if not all the braking system and still can not get it to brake anywere close to a new or test model. i will look at the paper work and confirm everything that was replaced and let you know, but the problem seems that most of the stoppinb power is comming from the rears. for some reason we can not get the fronts to do most of the work as they should. are your rear brakes doing most the work?

Old 06-02-2010, 08:49 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
If you knew a place that had a brake balance testing machine (like DMV), you could validate the stopping power of each wheel. Really sounds hydraulic.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:22 PM
bcherry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
If you went from stock to performance with no change at all, I would not look at the mechanical aspects any further. I would instead focus on the hydraulics. Ideally, you should hit the phones and call local (non-dealer) shops that work on Pcars. Explain the steps you went through and see if you get someone that has seen it before. Sorry you went through the expense with no gains
No problem, they needed to be changed out any way...

Old 06-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Cole
Google "Magnuson Moss"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

They can't void any part of your warranty, period. They can only refuse to cover a failure that they can prove wa caused directly by the aftermarket product.

thank you for the ammo, i'll definitely being using this!

Old 06-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by bodi333
bcherry
i have the same problem and also have taken my to the dealer a few different times for this issue. they have replace most if not all the braking system and still can not get it to brake anywere close to a new or test model. i will look at the paper work and confirm everything that was replaced and let you know, but the problem seems that most of the stoppinb power is comming from the rears. for some reason we can not get the fronts to do most of the work as they should. are your rear brakes doing most the work?

yes, it seems like the rears are doing most of the work, the front just never grabs. And like i wrote at the beginning, in order to even activate the ABS i have to be on gravel or snow or something, it won't even work on wet pavement... agh!

Old 06-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
If you knew a place that had a brake balance testing machine (like DMV), you could validate the stopping power of each wheel. Really sounds hydraulic.
I'm in the Seattle area, anybody know of someone reputable?

Thanks...

Old 06-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tlar88
Have the tech check the piston. I have the same problem and they overhaul callipers and problem solved.
was it just one caliper or all or ???

Thanks

Old 06-02-2010, 08:37 PM
bodi333 is infamous around these parts
bcherry
i have the very same problem. i can only get the ABS to work in snow and gravel. even on wet roads i can not get it to activate. i have a list of the items that have been replaced that i will post, but still no luck with fixing the problem.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Tlar88 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bcherry
was it just one caliper or all or ???

Thanks
It was the front driver side but they recommended to do all.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:39 PM
madburg is infamous around these parts
WOW, i thought I was the only one. 06 CTTS, same problem. Bought it second hand, all was fine before. Then one day, same thing, thought i was going to rear end... Did some research, thinking the brake fuild is old+cooked, so I order SS Brake line, waiting on them to come in to get them installed with a full flush. Going with ATE Super Blue as well, dont mind flushing once a year. As I will do anything not to feel what I felt that day. Now I drive 5 cars lenght behind anyone, in a CTTS!!! when I clearly should and was 5 cars ahead . P.S. felt this 3 times already, brake start hard for a moment and then spoonges... 380mm rotors up front...

P.S. brake pads are factory 50% all around, rotors are fine, very lightly grooved.