Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Poll: Do you like the stock Blose stereo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 08:23 PM
ryan79 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mudman2
I love it, iPod thro mobridge brings it to life
Other than adding a function to the stereo (iPod) - how exactly would running highly compressed music bring the stereo system to life?

If anything you would be losing fidelity (which the Bose can't afford to lose) at the cost of being able to play more songs.

Unless you also changed the speakers ( or the amp -- the stock amp is a major bottleneck even to the subpar speakers ). Adding an amp could get more out of the Bose speakers and they can actually handle a decent load.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:28 AM
acasshmoney is infamous around these parts
if you brun your cd or put music on your ipod with high quality music the bose system is amazing it is sound quality it isnt enginered and put in that car for no reason it is a very good system if your into sound quality they never distort and wont go out on you i personaly love it im sure people have trouble with it but its all on peoples personal preference

Old 05-02-2009, 07:05 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
I used to buy a new car, upgrade the stereo, speakers, add subs, tvs, MP3 players, dynmat, etc.. then turn around and sell the car after 18 months to 24 months. I tend to have fun in the cars, drive them spirited and IMO there is no way to enjoy the sound equipment in these cars. Now I'm happy with factory PCM 3.0, factory USB/IPOD/Sat and the Bose features and sounds good enough ..

Old 05-03-2009, 01:23 PM
epicjon is infamous around these parts
best sounding stock stereo i have ever owned

ctt04

Old 05-03-2009, 04:18 PM
MTRX is infamous around these parts
I'm going to receive my first Porsche Cayenne S in a few weeks. I wonder how their Bose system is compared to BMW's HK or their premium sound system? I used to have M3 with HK stereo and it sounded great, then had 5 series with premium sounds system and it was good, but not great, I'd say I liked HK in my M3 better. I wonder how this Bose system is compared to BMW premiums sound systems? Anyone?

Old 05-03-2009, 07:24 PM
I think this is pretting telling about the stock system - the DEALER's MSRP price for a new speaker/driver is $55.00.. You figure their mark-up is at least half and what you've got is a "premium bose" speaker that's in the 20-30 dollar range.
RadioShack or WalMart brand speakers are more than that.. so either Porsche is really, really giving owners a break on the pricing and willing to lose money doing so.. or they are just mediocre speakers at best.

Seriously, I suggest people that believe the stock system is good to go listen to a Volvo with DynAudio. That is by far the most respected premium system I've heard.
I'm assuming many people on the forum enjoy high end audio equip.. DynAudio is a true high end brand; while Bose is pretty much for people who want to appear to know about speakers.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:29 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
When the Volvo's engine sounds like my CTTS .. perhaps I'll feel different .. the Bose audio sounds good enough!

Old 05-03-2009, 08:04 PM
bmwm506 is infamous around these parts
like it!!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 03:39 AM
I want B&W in my car. That's the best you can gent in terms of originally installed system. But unfortunately only british cars have this system since B&W is british.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:11 AM
Originally Posted by SLATETT
When the Volvo's engine sounds like my CTTS .. perhaps I'll feel different .. the Bose audio sounds good enough!
Can't disagree with that!!!

...but only taking sound system into consideration

Old 05-04-2009, 03:09 PM
skier is infamous around these parts
Overall, its probably better than average but it seriously lacks separation, especially in the rear bass. Therefore, I added an amp and JL Stealthbox...problem solved.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by skier
Overall, its probably better than average but it seriously lacks separation, especially in the rear bass. Therefore, I added an amp and JL Stealthbox...problem solved.
Did you built it in?

Old 05-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Its been posted in other threads, but here's what it looks like with the cover taken off. My car audio guy did the installation and may had to tweak it a little to get it in there, but you would never know it was there. The inflatable spare tire fits on top of the amp, so no interference. Hope that helps.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:24 PM
thanks for the photo! looks nice! which amp do you have? where is your feed coming from? is it directly from a bass source in OEM amp or it's from speakers?

Old 05-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Heh, I can't help with the feed questions but the amp I used was the Alpine MRP-500

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Poll: Do you like the stock Blose stereo?