Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Poll: Do you like the stock Blose stereo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 04:56 PM
MTRX is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by skier
Heh, I can't help with the feed questions but the amp I used was the Alpine MRP-500
Thanks!

Old 05-05-2009, 09:59 AM
bcherry is infamous around these parts
I'm not sure if mine is "stock", but I LOVE it! Very clear sound, can get really great volume with any distortion. Plays all types of music very well, unless you want rattle-the-license-plate-mega-bass or something.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:00 AM
porschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of light
Love it - very balanced

Old 05-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by bcherry
I'm not sure if mine is "stock", but I LOVE it! Very clear sound, can get really great volume with any distortion. Plays all types of music very well, unless you want rattle-the-license-plate-mega-bass or something.
Look for "Bose" logo on your door speakers.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:16 AM
bcherry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MTRX
Look for "Bose" logo on your door speakers.
Yeah it's there.... I knew it was BOSE, i just didn't know if there is a "basic" BOSE and a "premium" BOSE. Is there only one option with the CTT?

Old 05-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by bcherry
Yeah it's there.... I knew it was BOSE, i just didn't know if there is a "basic" BOSE and a "premium" BOSE. Is there only one option with the CTT?
I don't this Porsche had anything better than Bose. Bose is considered an upgrade and costs extra on some cars.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:37 AM
intheflesh has a spectacular aura aboutintheflesh has a spectacular aura aboutintheflesh has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DocU
As the old addage goes:

"None of the highs, none of the lows, it must be a BOSE."

As soon as I have the time, I'm going to upgrade my complete system to a Hertz/Audison Mille on my GTS.

im taking the same route with my cayenne. I jsut had an audison 5.1 amp installed in my ferrari powering a set of Mille 6.5"

I have all the parts ordered and waiting, now im just waiting for space to open up at my installers garage. I will be doing all audison amps (i think 3 in total, 1 single channel for the subs, 1 4 channel for the fronts, 1 4 channel for the rears)

For speakers, the the front we are making a 3-way speaker system with a Hertz Space 8", and Mille 4" and Tweet. The rears will be Space 6 components.

in about 2 weeks they said they should have a bay open for me so the installation can begin.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Adman is infamous around these parts
Will the stock bose stereo in my 04 TT play .mp3 files burned to CD?

Old 12-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Mokeylock is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by skier
Its been posted in other threads, but here's what it looks like with the cover taken off. My car audio guy did the installation and may had to tweak it a little to get it in there, but you would never know it was there. The inflatable spare tire fits on top of the amp, so no interference. Hope that helps.

Where is the Bose standard sub placed?

Old 12-04-2009, 08:33 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
blose!

Old 12-04-2009, 08:58 PM
scott_fx is infamous around these parts
personally i think it's horrible.

i am transplanting my butler/seas/dynaudio set up using the audison bitone as soon as i get some downtime from work

Old 12-05-2009, 03:34 AM
Mokeylock is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by scott_fx
personally i think it's horrible.

i am transplanting my butler/seas/dynaudio set up using the audison bitone as soon as i get some downtime from work
Is the audison Bitone just an Amp? I'm reading all the reviews I can find but because I haven't got much experiance with car audio, its not all that clear to me. Can you explain its benefits in simple english?

Video of above item: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0NxSBjVJyw

Last edited by Mokeylock; 12-05-2009 at 03:40 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:25 AM
scott_fx is infamous around these parts
as someone mentioned it before, bose isn't known for their speakers; rather, they are known for their engineering. they use mediocre (at best) hardware and then optimize the enclosure and processing to get the best from that driver. what the bit one does is take the signal from the head unit and cleans it up and gets it as close to an unmolested signal as it can. then it allows you to tune that signal to best suit your car, equipment and installation locations. it's kind of like what a dyno tune does for your performance parts.

oh.. it's also not an amp. you hook it up to the output of your head unit and then the output of the bitone goes to your amps

Old 12-05-2009, 06:02 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know what's better the stereo sound or the engine/exhaust notes??

Old 12-05-2009, 09:43 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I just put Hertz Speakers JL sub and amps with the Alpine Imprint processor in my Mini Cooper....WOW!

The Bose system in Porsche SUCK....really SUCK! I am thinking of swapping out the speakers and amps in the Cayenne too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Poll: Do you like the stock Blose stereo?