Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Poll: Do you like the stock Blose stereo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 04:26 PM
scott_fx is infamous around these parts
if you go with the bitone, def consider going fully active to take advantage of the full potential of that system.

going 'active' (As apposed to passive) means you'll have a separate amplification channel for each speaker (one for each tweeter and woofer in the front, and one for you sub... you can skip the rear speakers or just run those passively)

Old 12-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Road Runner is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Adman
Will the stock bose stereo in my 04 TT play .mp3 files burned to CD?
No, mine doesn't!

Old 12-08-2009, 09:24 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
unless you go crazy with car-audio, upgrade everything, stock Bose is the best one I've ever experienced. Kindda goes along with Harman-Kardon, Nakamichi, and etc....

Old 12-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by pcst
unless you go crazy with car-audio, upgrade everything, stock Bose is the best one I've ever experienced. Kindda goes along with Harman-Kardon, Nakamichi, and etc....
i don't believe you have to upgrade everything. i'm keeping the head unit stock since it's integrated so heavily into the car. you just need to do it correctly (signal processing) and then you'll get improved sound over the stock setup.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:17 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by scott_fx
i don't believe you have to upgrade everything. i'm keeping the head unit stock since it's integrated so heavily into the car. you just need to do it correctly (signal processing) and then you'll get improved sound over the stock setup.
What speakers / components are you replacing the bose ones with?

Old 12-08-2009, 07:27 PM
i have some seas 7" mids, i'm either going with my large format dynaudio tweeter if i can get them to fit; if not, i'm ging to go with some vifa tweeters. For amps i'm going to use a pair of butler hybrid tube amps for the mids and tweets and a zapco solid state amp for the sub. The sub will be a tc-sounds tc9 - 12" sub. it has been the best sub that i've ever heard for what i like.

I'm going to go with all raw drivers and amping each speaker seperately in order to take full advantage of the bitone's processing/time alignment/eq'ing capabilities. Also, wattage is dirt cheap now aday. and you can also save a ton of money using raw drivers over premade component systems. seas woofers are pretty impressive and for under $80/ea they are a steal. you'd have to spend many times that to get close to the sq that these things deliver

Old 01-13-2010, 10:33 AM
russnyc is infamous around these parts
Does anyone have an installer they can recommend in NYC for speaker/amp upgrade?

Old 01-20-2010, 10:27 AM
john weires is infamous around these parts
Thump, sizzle, then repeat......

Not that it is great or better in other area's, but the stock system actually has better tonal balance. Bose counts on the fact that most listeners assume that more bass thump and more treble sizzle must mean it is better.
The Bose systems bottom end sounds like a kick drum thump is always added to the sound whether it is actually there or not. Below this frequency there is no deep bass and above it there is a thinness that give a very poor transistion to the midrange leaving a hole in the sound with a lack of natural warmth. The treble is a bit spitty almost like interstation FM noise has been mixed in. If you can't get the basic's right like smooth frequency response and freedom from resonance you are in trouble, and then other sonic qualities like worrying about the soundstage for example, become some what moot in my opinion. For $1400 this system should be a lot better than it is.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:48 AM
skier is infamous around these parts
Until you take a person into a car with a proper audio system, they have really no idea what they are missing. The 2008 GTS has an ok system for being stock. The biggest negative is the low frequency output in the rear subwoofer. If you listen to bass heavy music, its horrendous. I kept the stock system and just added a JL stealth box, and a new amp to run with the stock deck. Added Nav-tv stuff for Sirius, Bluetooth, Ipod, and to connect a dvd-changer for use of the AV button. Eventually, I'll replace all speakers....but I'm content for the time being.