Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Poll: Do you like the stock Blose stereo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 06:58 AM
mrvegas is infamous around these parts
Poll: Do you like the stock Blose stereo?

I listen to all kinds of music, rock, jazz, metal, classical, ambient

I just got my GTS two days ago and I think CD's sound OK, not great, but not terrible.

The FM radio sounds kinda harsh. Have not tried my iPod yet.

Just wondering what you all thought about it ????

Old 05-01-2009, 07:22 AM
ChkbookMechanic is infamous around these parts
I've had my CTT for about three weeks now and have listened to radio, cd and iPod (through a Dension Gateway 500). Everything has sounded very good compared to my previous car's stock sound system. Like you, my musical tastes vary greatly and I've listen to the same genres that you have mentioned. I can't say the sound is utterly amazing and I'd rather listen to audio in my car, but it isn't the worst thing I've heard either. Overall, it might not be the most amazing stock system out there, but I can't say I'm inclined to change it at this point in time.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:42 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
I think the bose system is good, but not great. The sound stage is not great. I had a HK system in the Range Rover Sport, It was also just average.
My favorite is still the levinsons in those lexus's.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:48 AM
DocU is infamous around these parts
As the old addage goes:

"None of the highs, none of the lows, it must be a BOSE."

As soon as I have the time, I'm going to upgrade my complete system to a Hertz/Audison Mille on my GTS. The Bose sounds horrible. I find the sound on all media very dull and muted. For Porsche to use such a low-end audio manufacturer at such a high price premium is unacceptable. Perhaps that is why the new Panamera's have Burmester systems instead of Bose.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:31 AM
huskyfan23 is infamous around these parts
It's alright, but nothing special.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:05 AM
mrvegas is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DocU
As the old addage goes:

"None of the highs, none of the lows, it must be a BOSE."

As soon as I have the time, I'm going to upgrade my complete system to a Hertz/Audison Mille on my GTS. The Bose sounds horrible. I find the sound on all media very dull and muted. For Porsche to use such a low-end audio manufacturer at such a high price premium is unacceptable. Perhaps that is why the new Panamera's have Burmester systems instead of Bose.
Wow. I had never heard of Hertz / Audison Mille gear before. It looks very high end. Do you have installers in Colorado that work with this?

Old 05-01-2009, 12:45 PM
DocU is infamous around these parts
Elite Audio Solutions in Colorado Springs is a dealer for them (http://www.eliteaudiosolutions.com/). EAS installed my mObridge iPod/Bluetooth solution and introduced me to Hertz/Audison. The reviews for the Hertz systems are stellar and their product line is quite extensive.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:45 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
yes, I like my Bose system.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:28 PM
ryan79 is infamous around these parts
If listening to "talk radio" - with no one else in the car with you, than sure - the Bose is fine.

Anything more demanding than that - than it's time to look to upgrade.

Even on a 30k Vovlo you can get DynAudio speakers, which like some other speakers mentioned, are true upper tier. Porsche putting these in and charging so much more for "Premium" is insulting.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:32 PM
bjizzle34 is infamous around these partsbjizzle34 is infamous around these parts
I agree with ryan79. I am very happy to have upgraded.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:23 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
well you gents should know, Bose isn't famous for their speakers, they are famous for their box design; meaning that it should be well known fact that their speakers aren't that incredible to start with, especially putting those speakers in the car ain't gonna help neither.

The bottom line is, having Bose system is much better than non-Bose system.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:37 PM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
It's probably the best system I've owned in a car. But that's probably not saying much. I like it, but the FM sure seems to have a fair amount of static at times.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:57 PM
amalamud is infamous around these parts
The bose sucks. I already bought all the components of my new stereo system. I got alpine f1 status speakers, JL 10" sub, and two alpine amps, one mono 600w and a 5 channel. And Jl integration modules. Oh and of course lots of dynamat. The car is going to the shop in a few days.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:31 PM
mudman2 is infamous around these parts
I love it, iPod thro mobridge brings it to life

Old 05-01-2009, 08:02 PM
huskyfan23 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mrvegas
Wow. I had never heard of Hertz / Audison Mille gear before. It looks very high end.
Very good speakers, though any components will be better than the Bose ones. I had CDT in my old vehicle.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Poll: Do you like the stock Blose stereo?