Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New Transsyberia - Just arrived, check it out.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 02:44 PM
AquaGT2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Rec Racing
Well there is one upside to this Cayenne. The guy that purchased the all red Turbo S that was shown in this forum no longer owns the ugliest Cayenne on the planet! Just my opinion.
Any links to that one? sounds special, to say the least

Old 05-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
Let me try to dig it up. It was for sale through a dealer in Dallas. As I recall the sticker was around $165k.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Let me try to dig it up. It was for sale through a dealer in Dallas. As I recall the sticker was around $165k.
Could try and search for it; does sound like a very weird combo.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Kerr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TransSiberia
Brother from another mother!! How are you? How do you like the Cayenne? Still have the G's but not as happy secondary to continued build issues. Tell me I made the right decision???

I view the cayenne as the best suv in the world. Ive taken this one mild trails, and im getting about 16 mpg in the town driving normal... the handeling is up there with a carrera or a corvette if you have the "boys" to push it... I do love the cayenne and if i had unlimited funds i buy a a 2010 Cayenne turbo S, BUT.... I dont get the little kid in the candy store smile / giggles ever time i see it like i did the G500, I also miss the hard ride and the wtf looks of everyone on the road. Then again my G wasnt very friendly looking there at the end. I dont however miss the electrical problmes my G had.

I guess to sum it up, The cayenne turbo is the probably the best performace suv in the world... The G is probabley the best high dollar redneck suv in the world maybe second only to the H1.

Few other things ive notice is the leather in a prosche is "softer" than the Mercedes, The seats in my cayenne hurt my butt lol, and its eithor built better with more detail on being quite or the G was just built like a tank.. I still miss the loud Clank of door locks, I miss shutting the door and having a thud, I guess i miss all the things that 95% of G owners hated..

With that being said i need a pay raise, Get a G55K to with cayenne turbo! lol... my insurnace would be crazy high.

Are you trading in your G or are you going to keep it.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:46 AM
TransSiberia is infamous around these parts
Well since we talked last I took my '05 G55K and installed Kleemann everything. Unfortunately thouse pesky quality control issues that MB is famous for eventually caused a transmission failure and a broken exhaust header. The tranny was the final straw. I have had the truck a month with the new tranny and I just do not like the result. So I told the MB folks to shove it and have traded the 55 on the Transsiberia. I still have the SWB 500 and as you may remember it is a 99 and absolutely NOTHING breaks. In fact, I drove that 500 more last 6 months than the 55 due to parts not being available (6 weeks for an exhaust header). Happy to hear you are well and hope that the Cayenne turns out to be all that the 55 should have been.

Marc

Old 05-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
The post is in the Cayenne section user name Duane title Hope they got a big deposit. I could not figure out how to post the thread link here.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:54 PM
The post is in the Cayenne section user name Duane title Hope they got a big deposit. I could not figure out how to post the thread link here.
I understand what you mean. Just had at look at it, but ugly and the yellow brake calipers didnt help either.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:58 AM
FR305 is infamous around these parts
eh... Please dont put the lights on it