Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

tire life expectancy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 09:30 AM
kmck is infamous around these parts
tire life expectancy

what the average tire life on a tubo with michelin 21's ?

Old 05-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
impossible to be accurate with the answer because it depends on driving, but I will give you my history.

When I purchased, I drive fairly agressive, and I put about 16K miles on it, and started to see some outside corner wear so I replaced at 18K.

During the winter I drove Blizzeks for about 800 miles.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:59 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Jace
impossible to be accurate with the answer because it depends on driving, but I will give you my history.

When I purchased, I drive fairly agressive, and I put about 16K miles on it, and started to see some outside corner wear so I replaced at 18K.

During the winter I drove Blizzeks for about 800 miles.
i doubt ill get anything close to 16 k on my tires

Old 05-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
10-15K is honeslty good for that soft of a tire especially in HOT weather.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:13 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
The previous owner of my CS put Yokohama Advan Sports 20" tires on this baby 12k miles ago, and it's near bald where I need to replace them ASAP.

My local dealer (Bellevue Barrier Porsche, WA) has informed me that I need to get the tires that were approved by Porsche otherwise it would *possibly* void warranty on anything that's related to drive train area. However when I talked to other dealer, thank god I have 2 local dealers; (Tacoma Larson Porsche, WA) they informed me that it doesn't really matter as long as I match the tires that have the same speed rating as what Porsche spec out.

I've been debating on what to get next, kindda want to get the All-Season tires Yokohama Parada-X; since our CS isn't for the road racing purpose.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:19 AM
I personally went with the best dedicated summer tire, and the best dedicated winter.
They have adequate A/S tires, but I didn't want to sacrifice.

Get the Michs, and get the Blizzecks, if you want the best in winter and summer.

And I didn't race my GTS really, but just wanted the best incase of any sudden turns or anything....

Old 05-18-2009, 12:26 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
I've defined "dedicated" in this way rather;

BMW: spring/summer/fall, non-snowy winter season
Cayenne: all-season whenever I feel like to take out.

More likely, I don't really need a set of winter tires (counting the fact that I'm located in Seattle, WA), but need a good set of all-season tires that can handle snow time to time.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:47 PM
chancemartenson is infamous around these parts
12.5k on my GTS/michelins. thinking i should be able to make it to 14-15k

Old 05-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Just outta curiosity, what's the tread wear rating on these Michs?

Old 05-18-2009, 02:36 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
15-18k is the average I see. That includes all sizes on Cayenne.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 05-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by damon@tirerack
15-18k is the average I see. That includes all sizes on Cayenne.

That's pretty amazing, I see some people run around 12k miles per year on their Cayenne, that's like a set of tires per year or little over a year.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Silver TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pcst
Just outta curiosity, what's the tread wear rating on these Michs?
Tirerack.com has the tread wear rating on all the tires they sell, along with overall diameter, speed rating, and consumer reviews (which can be very detailed and helpful).

For the Michelin Latitude Sport which I believe is the best summer tire made for this truck based on the research I've done and reviews I've read the treadwear is a 220.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.j...935YR1LSPTXLN0

Old 05-19-2009, 07:07 PM
Bigfoot is infamous around these parts
Cool

For perspective, my previous X5s both went 60,000 miles on the original Michelin all seasons tires. I've put 600 miles on my new/used Turbo S and the tires look like the previous owner replaced them at around 16,000 miles or so. Although I will miss the free oil changes, free wipers, free service intervals and long lasting tires, I am enjoying the change of scenery so far. My Turbo S has different 20 inch Michelin all season tires so it will be an interesting comparison.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Kerr is infamous around these parts
I havent had mine long but i dont see the tires lasting more than say 15K miles.. I dont know if its the rubber compound or our streets in the city but ever time i pull out it leaves faint black marks ....

Old 05-21-2009, 07:46 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
We are replacing the tires on our base cayenne today. We got 30K miles on the factory tires.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: tire life expectancy