Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Picked up the 2004 CTT last night - first reactions and stereo question...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Silver TT is infamous around these parts
Picked up the 2004 CTT last night - first reactions and stereo question...?

Picked up the 2004 CTT last night and drove it to work today.

Have to say this truck is truly awesome. Its almost unreal how fast it will run from 30-80. Have driven plenty of very fast cars - modified 996/997 TTs, Supercharged M3s and Corvettes, Ferrari 430s, and I'm thoroughly impressed with this truck.

Also got about 18.5 MPG on the highway this morning driving mostly like a normal person (for a change) which is just about the same as the truck this replaces (GC Limited).

Highlights:
-Turbo thrust is incredible, words don't do it justice how it can get this truck moving
-Brakes are great, haven't done any real hard stops but from pedal feel and a few short stops they perform incredibly well
-Paint quality looks outstanding
-Interior in general and specifically the suede headliner is gorgeous
-Bose sound system is very good (not quite as good as the 335i but pretty good for stock)
-Handling is outstanding for a 6000lb truck

Lowlights / Areas for Improvement:
-Electronic gremlins: I seem to have issues with parking sensors, TPMS, and the keyless entry seems to work abt 95% of the time but sometimes needs another tug on the door
-Comfort setting is ok, but really think it could be softer. It feels like only a very slight difference between normal and comfort and even less between normal and sport but maybe I just need more seat time. I drive in NYC over lots of potholes and currently have the crappy ContiSports so hopefully when I put the new Michelin Latitude Sports (like PS2 for cars which I have on my M3 and love) will be much better
-Exhaust sound: Definitely needs some work and I have the Fabspeed bypass sitting right here next to me on the floor. They will go on next week after I get the wheels/tires mounted and the car inspected. That should help, way too quiet now.

Lastly, I might be an idiot but I CAN NOT figure out how to scroll through the FM presets with the steering wheel. I can do scan, I can even manually tune frequencies from the steering wheel but I can not figure out how to get the setting right to scroll through presets without touching the numbers on the PCM itself. How do you do this? Please don't tell me you can't bc that would be a monster oversight I think. Why would manually tuning from your steeering wheel which you never do be preferred over scrolling through presets which you do all day long.

Loving the CTT right now. It is a true piece of machinery like all Porsches. Different size/weight/capabilities from the 911 (which I also love) but no less of an accomplishment.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:22 PM
porscheaudifam is infamous around these parts
The keyless entry works well just use all your fingers with a slight hesitation before pulling the handle
-Exhaust sound: let me know how Fabspeed bypass works - also see https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...abor-incl.html

i want to know this also -how to scroll through the FM presets ..........

Old 05-20-2009, 07:23 PM
ayce is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Silver TT
Picked up the 2004 CTT last night and drove it to work today.

Have to say this truck is truly awesome. Its almost unreal how fast it will run from 30-80. Have driven plenty of very fast cars - modified 996/997 TTs, Supercharged M3s and Corvettes, Ferrari 430s, and I'm thoroughly impressed with this truck.

Also got about 18.5 MPG on the highway this morning driving mostly like a normal person (for a change) which is just about the same as the truck this replaces (GC Limited).

Highlights:
-Turbo thrust is incredible, words don't do it justice how it can get this truck moving
-Brakes are great, haven't done any real hard stops but from pedal feel and a few short stops they perform incredibly well
-Paint quality looks outstanding
-Interior in general and specifically the suede headliner is gorgeous
-Bose sound system is very good (not quite as good as the 335i but pretty good for stock)
-Handling is outstanding for a 6000lb truck

Lowlights / Areas for Improvement:
-Electronic gremlins: I seem to have issues with parking sensors, TPMS, and the keyless entry seems to work abt 95% of the time but sometimes needs another tug on the door
-Comfort setting is ok, but really think it could be softer. It feels like only a very slight difference between normal and comfort and even less between normal and sport but maybe I just need more seat time. I drive in NYC over lots of potholes and currently have the crappy ContiSports so hopefully when I put the new Michelin Latitude Sports (like PS2 for cars which I have on my M3 and love) will be much better
-Exhaust sound: Definitely needs some work and I have the Fabspeed bypass sitting right here next to me on the floor. They will go on next week after I get the wheels/tires mounted and the car inspected. That should help, way too quiet now.

Lastly, I might be an idiot but I CAN NOT figure out how to scroll through the FM presets with the steering wheel. I can do scan, I can even manually tune frequencies from the steering wheel but I can not figure out how to get the setting right to scroll through presets without touching the numbers on the PCM itself. How do you do this? Please don't tell me you can't bc that would be a monster oversight I think. Why would manually tuning from your steeering wheel which you never do be preferred over scrolling through presets which you do all day long.

Loving the CTT right now. It is a true piece of machinery like all Porsches. Different size/weight/capabilities from the 911 (which I also love) but no less of an accomplishment.
i don't believe you can scroll through the presets, i've tried everything possible and i dont think its possible

Old 05-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by ayce
i don't believe you can scroll through the presets, i've tried everything possible and i dont think its possible
I seriously can't believe that is true. If it is, then that is a monster monster oversight.

How could it be more important to scroll through the All Channel Scan (which will suck anyway because it will be everything and anything) vs scrolling through the channels you have personally selected which you listen to most??

Old 05-21-2009, 03:10 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
how much did u pay 4 the cayenne tt?

Old 05-21-2009, 03:49 PM
ayce is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Silver TT
I seriously can't believe that is true. If it is, then that is a monster monster oversight.

How could it be more important to scroll through the All Channel Scan (which will suck anyway because it will be everything and anything) vs scrolling through the channels you have personally selected which you listen to most??
I agree completely...i don't understand why they would have the up and down arrows AND the scan button, they do pretty much the same thing

Old 05-21-2009, 07:23 PM
OCNYPORSCHE has a spectacular aura aboutOCNYPORSCHE has a spectacular aura aboutOCNYPORSCHE has a spectacular aura about
I have 2 Cayennes. You cannot scroll the presets.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:55 AM
1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of1JDM911 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
+1, i'm personally trying to find an 05'+ CTT for a good deal in the SoCal area.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:36 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Same here ! No scroll preset issue. JUST REMEMBER THIS - once your fabspeed is on, the only music you will want to hear, will be emanating from your pipes (trust me).

Old 05-26-2009, 12:03 PM
MTRX is infamous around these parts
Sane here, just got my 08 CS and can't figure out how to scroll thought my radio presets..

Old 05-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
Obviously every car is going to be a different price based on options, condition, mileage, etc. but I got a very good deal and paid about $4k under trade in price and about $8k under "suggested retail" for a 04 CTT with my option package and 60k miles. www.edmunds.com if you want to check pricing for cars with the options you want.