Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Brake Change - Long Island ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 08:41 PM
SLP
SLP is infamous around these parts
Brake Change - Long Island ?

Hello. Need a little bit of recommendation.

The last time i headed into porsche, they recommended my front brake pads replaced. They are starting to make a squeeking sound now as well. I haven't received any warning in the message center to replace brakes as of yet. I'd like to replace them before that does pop up.

Any recommendations of where I can get it done on long island? If i were to buy the brake pads from porsche, could any brake place do it--like a commercial meinekee or jiffy lube, etc....or should i stick to a porsche type shop?

its an 05 cayenne s.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:48 PM
SoCal955 is infamous around these parts
If you not afraid of getting dirty, its a real easy job to do yourself, much cheaper too.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:15 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
ANY shop can do them. My recommendations are to buy new sensors and hardware from suncoast porsche and the pads from whomever. If you stay stock, get the pads from suncoast. If you go aftermarket, buy the Hawk Dustless Ceramic pads from TireRack. I Don't recommend doing the job without new sensors as the old sensors break very easily.

Last comment - if you are doing rears and the read caliper needs to come off, the shop MUST have the special spline tool to do it. The info is in my post - see link below

See my post here for more info.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...s-painted.html

Old 06-14-2009, 05:41 PM
bigdog is infamous around these parts
lol,,,if u need the spline tool,,,i bought it ,,,and im located in long island,,,,let m,e know if i can help any ,,,,its not worth it to pay the stealer a 1000 bucks when u can do it for 400 bucks

Old 06-14-2009, 07:44 PM
jgood is infamous around these parts
Try RPM North in Plainview. They have been real good to me and their pricing is more than fair. Ask for Craig or Tim.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:52 AM
SLP
SLP is infamous around these parts
ive priced a few brake places around my way and its ranged from $150-400

I guess a big part of it is also the price of the pads. The stock oem pads are about $200 for the front set.

I'm going with the assumption that theyre that expensive because theyre better than the lower priced pads?

The Hawk Ceramics are slightly lower in price.

Any advice if i should go with the OEM pads and definitely not any other type of pad? Or also if anyone has suggestions on other pads that are 'better', please let me know.