Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Just had some bad luck with the valet parking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Kingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud of
Just had some bad luck with the valet parking

I went to my DJ gig and the valet parked my car as soon as he parked it in the begging he just gave me my keys right back and I new there was a problem but i just waited till the end of the party and went to my car and knowing they did something the first thing i do is look at my wheels and the front right wheel was curbed all the way around I went and showed the guy and at first he was saying it wasn't us and all this bull**** but finally he called his boss and he told me to call him tomorrow and he'll take care of me. What do you guys suggest i say? and mainly if i get the curb rash refinished will it weaken the wheel at all?
Thanks

Old 06-20-2009, 02:10 PM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
i had my range rover sport keyed once at a valet parking spot, they said they are not responsible as they park it in a public lot. I let it go since it was a friend's restaurant and they were not doing too well.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:35 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
I would certainly start by asking for a new wheel.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:51 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Go right for the "insurance" info. Call tell them you know **** happens and no big deal, and ask for their insurance info. You can count on them being a little nervous when you do that as it gets them thinking about their biz and less about your wheel. I would not talk about rim repair, but would go for a new one. If he wants to settle, have them pay the dealer or you direct as the order is placed, not after (or you will be screwed). Tell him you will have the dealer fax the invoice to him ahead of time.

...... BTW - this worked for me as the same dam thing happened to my last car.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:51 AM
Kingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud of
well i talked to him early before reading your guys post. i should have asked for a wheel. i told them i think it would be around $150-200 and hes like its happened before and its normally like $100 and i said ill go look and get a quote. should i just tell them the shop said i will need a new wheel?

Old 06-21-2009, 01:59 AM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
dont get greedy or u may not get anything
refinishing the wheel is like being new basically

Old 06-21-2009, 02:56 AM
will it weaken the wheel at all?

Old 06-21-2009, 04:57 AM
Alx777 is infamous around these parts
Was it a private parking where they parked your car, a private house, club...? If yes, they're insurance covers these kind of things by "civil liability".

And yes ask for a new wheel

Old 06-21-2009, 08:05 AM
sticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura about
This is reason i never valet my car, those guys have no respect and this stuff always happens! I'll go out some nights (past cars CLS and Cayman S) and they want to valet my car in front of a club and i always refuse...

Old 06-21-2009, 02:42 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Was it your Rinspeed 23" or CEC?

If it was your Rinspeed I'd for sure have them replace it (especially for safety reasons)!

Old 06-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Same thing happened to me when i was in Beverly Hills a few weeks ago. The valet insurance company issued me a check within 4 days.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:56 PM
they were the rinspeed wheels
Did they give you a check for a new wheel or just to get repaired? One person told me that they wont replace the wheel unless they were bent.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:04 AM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Kingshawn1234
they were the rinspeed wheels
Did they give you a check for a new wheel or just to get repaired? One person told me that they wont replace the wheel unless they were bent.
Damage was minimal (curb rash) so they repaired the wheel and repainted it.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:38 AM
mb230s is infamous around these parts
Avistar Valet airport parking at O'hare damaged my G500 several years ago. Mostly cosmetic but the way they treated me was so rude that I dug in my heels and fought like hell. I ended up getting the front bumper replaced, truthfully it could have been easily fixed and repainted. I've picked my truck from other valets and found that the morons starting pushing the diff lock switches (like kids in a candy store) which should NOT be used on dry pavement. Now I never valet. On occassion I'll leave the car in front and take the keys - which usually involves a big tip in advance.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:09 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
wow, I never trust valet parking, in case there are no alternative choices available, I usually make a big fuss about it and they usually be extra careful.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just had some bad luck with the valet parking