Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

OEM ipod interface

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 05:43 PM
dtran023 is infamous around these parts
OEM ipod interface

Anyone try to install this ipod interface themself yet? Any comment or suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...e=9552Elec2009

Old 07-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Anybody?

Old 07-03-2009, 10:12 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
I ordered my OE retrofit kit from a forum sponsor dealership back on 6/17 and am still waiting for it to be delivered. Soon as I get it I will report back.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:54 AM
sa321 is infamous around these partssa321 is infamous around these parts
i did, it works the way it is described in car manual. all operated from touch screen and steering wheel. song names etc. on screen as any other cd. dont know about buying it as i made cables myself and there is no active components in the set up - four resistors and plugs with wires

Old 07-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by sa321
i did, it works the way it is described in car manual. all operated from touch screen and steering wheel. song names etc. on screen as any other cd. dont know about buying it as i made cables myself and there is no active components in the set up - four resistors and plugs with wires
What all you you have to buy? I heard there are some dealer set up that needed to be done before it can actually work, is this true?

Old 07-08-2009, 01:18 AM
sa321 is infamous around these partssa321 is infamous around these parts
dealer set up -true. use "search". all this been covered multiple times

Old 07-14-2009, 09:17 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Ok... I finally received my kit from Suncoast last week. Took a very long time to be delivered, not sure why.

There are several boxes in the "kit" containing a wiring loom and a tray insert to go into the lower armrest cubby. And some bags of plastic tie wraps.

And not a single page of instructions. So I found a video on youtube showing how to remove the radio face trim, radio, and center console trim, and glovebox. Which I did. You have only one place to plug in the two loom jacks on the back of the radio.

Then you thread that sucker under the center console and remove a pre-perforated section on the cubby floor and plug into the new supplied tray which incorporates the ipod/USB jacks. The new tray then screws down with three new supplied screws.

And voila' you are wired my friend.

I plugged up my ipod and the PCM "sees" it upon connection in the footer readout, but there is no "ipod" selection in the "Source". This is what you need to pay your dealership to turn on apparently.

If you have a bit of mechanical acumen, you should be able to tackle it the first time in 2 hours or less. I think I could do it again in 30-45 minutes, knowing now the procedure.

I supplied my VIN to the dealer that sold me the kit but didn't receive any special code as was noted on their website? So not sure what all that is about?

Going to head to my local dealer later this week to get them to flip on the ipod switch in the PCM and should be good to go.

Hopefully

Old 07-15-2009, 06:44 AM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
your lucky, on older cayennes (2005) you cannot make them ipod enabled from the dealer (retrofit) unless you want to fork out £400 here for a little aftermarket adaptor , and i dont want to use those nasty FM modulators
do they do anything stateside that fits to the rear of the radio and so you can use the screen on the OEM ??
how do you guys do it on 2005 cars?

Old 07-15-2009, 06:59 PM
sayboy...
why do you need to remove the glovebox? I search on youtube but cant find the links on how to remove radio, radio trim...etc...do you have a link to it? the cable route from the ipod unit to the radio through the center console where the shifter is at? or which path did you take? thanks in advance as i'm ready to purchase this unit.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:19 PM
lydboj is infamous around these parts
I have just bought a Dension Gateway 500. Hopefully that will integrate well with the PCM.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by dtran023
sayboy...
why do you need to remove the glovebox? I search on youtube but cant find the links on how to remove radio, radio trim...etc...do you have a link to it? the cable route from the ipod unit to the radio through the center console where the shifter is at? or which path did you take? thanks in advance as I'm ready to purchase this unit.
While this video is for a device that HAS NOTHING TO DO with the OE IPOD retrofit wiring that we are talking about, and is for the 08' Cayenne, and the back of the 09' radio looks a bit different, it all comes apart exactly the same: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHhbHw9hwvA

It was helpful to me to get the wiring initially routed out the back of the radio and into the passenger side channel of the center console if I removed the glovebox and a side trim panel.

I have no idea if it is the official routing but it seemed safe and secure to me, and once you take it all apart might strike you as the intuitive routing as well?

I went along the passenger side of the center console just below the shifter location, then behind the shifter (big open hole, easy) and up under and into the tray (easy too).

Once you open it all up you really have only one route due to space limitations.

Was at dealer today, but they need to get the code from Porsche and could not as it was Saturday and they asked me to bring it back Wednesday for a quick completion. My local dealer had no issue with helping me get it coded (at no charge!) and did a couple TSB's while I was in there.

Oh- I would also mention that where the wiring connections plug into the back of the radio (PCM), you will see there is a single "lever" holding the connector that holds all of the various plugs and it all easily unplugs en masse. Then you just plug/click in the new wiring harness connector into this "master" connector and then easily re-plug this big connector into the radio.

You will see what I mean once you open it up.

You will also need to remove three antenna connections first to enable you to pull the radio out further and move it to the side in order to visualize everything.

You DO need some degree of mechanical skill/common sense to accomplish this installation. If you don't have any mechanical ability, probably best not to attempt the install.

Take your time and watch that video, and keep track of the trim screws and you should be golden!

Last edited by sayboy; 07-18-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:03 PM
WakeCayenne is infamous around these parts
This is probably a stupid question, but when you say:

"I plugged up my ipod and the PCM "sees" it upon connection in the footer readout, but there is no "ipod" selection in the "Source". This is what you need to pay your dealership to turn on apparently."

Will the iPod work or not? Is having the iPod selection "turned on" simply for aesthetic purposes or is that the final step in successfully installing the input kit?

Thanks

Old 07-22-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by WakeCayenne
This is probably a stupid question, but when you say:

"I plugged up my ipod and the PCM "sees" it upon connection in the footer readout, but there is no "ipod" selection in the "Source". This is what you need to pay your dealership to turn on apparently."

Will the iPod work or not? Is having the iPod selection "turned on" simply for aesthetic purposes or is that the final step in successfully installing the input kit?

Thanks
Physically plugging in the ipod results in a footer scroll that it is plugged in.

BUT- When you click the "Source" button, there is no "IPod" selection.

SO- Without the dealer uploading the Porsche "code" into the PCM, it will not play.

My local dealer is now getting the run-around from Porsche who wants to know if the ipod cable is OE, and if so, what dealer I bought it from before they supply the code! That my friends is some BS!

In any event I do expect the code to be eventually supplied.

What a crock of s h i t.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:15 PM
JBONDOx is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sayboy
Physically plugging in the ipod results in a footer scroll that it is plugged in.

BUT- When you click the "Source" button, there is no "IPod" selection.

SO- Without the dealer uploading the Porsche "code" into the PCM, it will not play.

My local dealer is now getting the run-around from Porsche who wants to know if the ipod cable is OE, and if so, what dealer I bought it from before they supply the code! That my friends is some BS!

In any event I do expect the code to be eventually supplied.

What a crock of s h i t.

Talk to NAVTV on here, they have a kit that is plug and play, which is probably why Porsche asked where it was purchased from

They can emulate every code to turn on the back camera, ipod, aux, video in motion... Bluetooth

Now to think about it, I have one laying around

either way, it sure is cheaper than the dealership route, also they have the OEM cables that plug in

Old 08-05-2009, 11:13 PM
solmak12 is infamous around these parts
nissan altima ipod connector

I suggest you this ipod connector that I found at http://www.nissanaltimaipodmp3.com

It is really simple to use and easy to install and has all installation instructions if someone wants to install it themselves. It works with all ipods/mp3 players any device which can have a earphone connection can be connected to the car stereo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OEM ipod interface