Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

To PDCC or not to...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 02:41 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
To PDCC or not to...

Hello everyone
Even though this topic has been covered in various posts, I would like to gather as many peoples opinion as to how effective PDCC really is on the pepper...doesn't it add weight?Are there other worthwhile alternatives to improve handling at high speeds in tight turns?...

Old 07-01-2009, 03:06 PM
canberk is infamous around these parts
To...

Old 07-01-2009, 05:00 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Yes, get PDCC.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:16 PM
rombullterrier is infamous around these parts
definitely

Old 07-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
i had a CTT with PDCC but passed on the GTS as it just wasn't on a car that had everything else. anyway, i use my GTS most of the time in winter so the PDCC is somewhat less an issue as cornering must be much smoother on entry etc.

all in all i would always have picked a PDCC car, but if eveything else is there it is not a deal breaker imo.

pdcc does make an annoying clunk in slow speed corners in parking lots etc - minor annoyance only.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:22 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
a must! deal breaker for me. watch the videos of pdcc vs without

Old 07-02-2009, 06:24 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the feedback
When I saw this beautiful black 09CTT, I decided to go with it, even though it did not have PDCC
So far I am quite surprised by how well my pepper remains stable and flat while taking turns(having lowered it with a Techart kit helps)...and am now wondering what I can do to improve cornering ability...

Old 07-02-2009, 09:32 AM
SSWIM is infamous around these parts
If one drives aggressively it is definitely a great option, IMO. The difference is very noticeable. It is really amazing to drive the same stretch of winding road and compare the handling difference.

Sam

Old 07-02-2009, 12:17 PM
mattjtaylor50 is infamous around these parts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL0CjLsNitM
videos do complete justice! i wish i could retrofit in my 955!

Old 07-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
When I had my TurboS, I could not believe how much body roll it had. I would not own another Cayenne without PDCC.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Thanks for the feedback
When I saw this beautiful black 09CTT, I decided to go with it, even though it did not have PDCC
So far I am quite surprised by how well my pepper remains stable and flat while taking turns(having lowered it with a Techart kit helps)...and am now wondering what I can do to improve cornering ability...
as mentioned, having had pdcc, it was not a deal breaker if everything else was there.- i bet though that they could install after the fact oem if you already had air -(strd on gts and ctt so not issue)- i would do that if $ were not insane
enjoy - and where are the pic's?

Last edited by Cpa4S; 07-03-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:41 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
TO .. one of my favorite features

Old 07-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Hmmm....interesting, that would be perfect if i could have it installed
Does anyone know for sure if it is possible to retrofit PDCC on a 09' CTT?
Thanks
@Cpa4S: what pics would you like? I enjoy my pepper and would be happy to take more...

Last edited by pepper09tt; 07-04-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:54 AM
WayneE is infamous around these parts
What about fitting stiffer swaybars in place of the standard, non-PDCC, bars? It should get you at least part of the way to flatter cornering, with much less expense compared to trying to retrofit PDCC.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:27 AM
porsche.tay is infamous around these parts
Hi,

I am recently considering 08 CTT, but not many are available with PDCC, and those with PDCC do not have either the colors or options that i want. I plan to lower the vehicle and install aftermarket suspension setups and in this respect, will the PDCC still be so important as mentioned in most articles i have read. I need advice by anyone that has modified the suspension on their non-pdcc CCT or anybody that can give me some inputs regarding this issue.

I even have people telling me that if i am going to modify and lower the suspension, its better not to have the PDCC which can complicate the setup.

Please advice

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To PDCC or not to...