Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Michelin Latitude Sport had a tumor ;(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 08:06 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
Michelin Latitude Sport had a tumor ;(

I pulled into work on Monday noticed front driver's side CTTS had a bulge/tumor .. right in the midde of the sidewall. I have 3200 miles on dah pepper, did not curb that side (yet). Can't remember hitting a pothole (neither can the wife). Called stealer to make sure they had one in stock. Dealer found nothing that could of caused it nor would they warranty it. Of course, stealer was happy to charge $525 to install new one. Called Michelin and opened a claim - need to drop off at tire place for inspection. Doubtful I will get anything, but can hurt to try. My tire size is 21"

Anyone else have issues with these tires?

Old 07-07-2009, 09:17 PM
TCM
TCM is infamous around these parts
The Michelin Latitude is a very stable tyre. I have never heard of the sidewall bulging as I have seen on numerous Pirellis. I would definitely try to see if Michelin will do anything for you. I think you have a better opportunity getting it warrantied if you deal with a tyre store directly rather then with the dealer. Not to mention, you would save a lot more money as a general rule. Please let us know how you make out.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:00 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
99% chance it was a road hazard that did it. It could take weeks sometimes to finally delaminate inside and bulge. If the liner inside the tire is cracked when it comes off there is a very good chance it was because the tire was pinched when compressed too far. Sorry, these are very stable tires for being so short on such a heavy vehicle.

There's always 18's......

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 07-07-2009, 10:32 PM
MTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really nice
I had 3 bubbles develope in 1 of my PS2's. I tried to file a claim but they said I hit something. Not a chance in hell. It was one of my rear tires and it prob had less than 2k miles on it. My next set of tires won't be Michelin.