Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

comfort-normal-sport buttons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:17 PM
GOB
GOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud of
Man, your butts must be more sensitive than mine. I rode around for a while and tried all 3 settings and could not notice a difference! Perhaps the selector or air suspension is all messed up?! I was unaware that you could drive at a height under the automatically selected one (middle).

Old 07-23-2009, 01:09 AM
lydboj is infamous around these parts
I have 22" wheels on my V6, and I can definately feel a difference between the three modes. I am going to check out the H&R-lowering module to see of that can make the car even more sportier and firm.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:39 AM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GOB
Man, your butts must be more sensitive than mine. I rode around for a while and tried all 3 settings and could not notice a difference! Perhaps the selector or air suspension is all messed up?! I was unaware that you could drive at a height under the automatically selected one (middle).
i am very supprised at that?
in comfort mode the ride is "soft" the throttle responce is gentle and the rev limit at which she changes gear is quite low
in sport the ride is lower it is also very firm, and the gears hold for longer before changing up/down

i can notice a huge difference between the 2 (not so much in normal)
i think you might need to get it checked out, as it should be very noticable.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:24 AM
GOB
GOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud of
I should have said that I tried this while driving normally (think wife and kids in the truck) and not really pushing the envelope of performance. Tomorrow I will try that again and be more "spirited" with it and see if in fact there is a difference, or something is broken...

Old 07-23-2009, 10:52 AM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GOB
I should have said that I tried this while driving normally (think wife and kids in the truck) and not really pushing the envelope of performance. Tomorrow I will try that again and be more "spirited" with it and see if in fact there is a difference, or something is broken...
keep the mrs in the car with you, it will keep her "moist"

Old 07-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Sonny.UK is infamous around these parts
i find when i drive abit heavy footed the car drops in to lower mode from normal mode but its never changed from comfort to sport.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Sonny.UK
i find when i drive abit heavy footed the car drops in to lower mode from normal mode but its never changed from comfort to sport.
have a look in your manual, it says if you drive spiritdly round corners it will change from comfort to sport.
it should always lower at speeds over 70mph ish when in normal mode.for better stability at speed.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:03 AM
Sonny.UK is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ONE234
have a look in your manual, it says if you drive spiritdly round corners it will change from comfort to sport.
it should always lower at speeds over 70mph ish when in normal mode.for better stability at speed.
never tried a spirited drive around courners lol...not fully confident to do that in a 4x4.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:42 AM
Originally Posted by Sonny.UK
never tried a spirited drive around courners lol...not fully confident to do that in a 4x4.
what...its a porkie.....
i have tracked mine around donnington/castle combe, and even santa pod

on sport mode..set of new red stuff brake pads, and a set of toyo's....away you go

Old 07-24-2009, 06:47 AM
Twincharge is infamous around these parts
I have to admit that the Sport setting on the Air Suspension is fantastic, it takes me by suprise every time how well it handles. Everyone who get in for the first time around a fast corner believes we wont make it Apollo 13 style.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
Hey, if you can find a source for that H&R module please let us know... I would be interested in the pricing for it. They do not offer it here in the US.

Group buy anyone?

David

Originally Posted by lydboj
I have 22" wheels on my V6, and I can definately feel a difference between the three modes. I am going to check out the H&R-lowering module to see of that can make the car even more sportier and firm.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:42 AM
GOB
Update: took the truck to a cobblestone road and tried the suspension button. There is a difference, but not as huge as I expected it to be.