Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

comfort-normal-sport buttons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 03:19 PM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
comfort-normal-sport buttons

ok, normally i use the comfort button, because if i drive a bit "spiritedly" it changes to sport automaticaly.
but today i thought id press the sport button and change the settings all day.......OMG, what a nightmare, my fillings nearly came out, admittidly it handled better, but the ride was way too harsh for normal driving.
what do you lot think?

Old 07-13-2009, 04:19 PM
porscheaudifam is infamous around these parts
i drive comfort all the time. When I am having real fun, it goes on sport. I do not think it is too harsh. Have you driven that same road in another car and it felt fine?

Old 07-14-2009, 05:47 AM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
select sport and drive around the town/local roads all day....i found it way to firm for everyday driving (i must be getting old )

Old 07-14-2009, 07:46 AM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Same here - Sport is too firm for normal driving and I really like a firm ride. 22's don't help...

Old 07-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Drive at comfort all the time, esp. when family in the car.

Drive with sport button sometimes or during Porsche events. Yes, suspension a bit harder but no where near the sport setting of a 911.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:07 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
I drive sport/sport all the time in my CTTS - love it

Old 07-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
i tend to drive sport sport most of the time - the machine bounces a bit but i don't find it harsh

Old 07-14-2009, 08:58 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
I use Sport on-road and Comfort off-road. Never thought Sport was harsh, just tight.

But then again, I have a C4S as my counter-point.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:16 PM
lydboj is infamous around these parts
I usually ride one step lower than normal level, and on normal suspension.

Old 07-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Polar993 has a spectacular aura aboutPolar993 has a spectacular aura about
I like to use Sport Mode on the Comfort Setting at the Low Level in my GTS. To me, this is the best combination for good acceleration, nice exhaust sound, and a lower stance for looks and handling.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Polar993
I like to use Sport Mode on the Comfort Setting at the Low Level in my GTS. To me, this is the best combination for good acceleration, nice exhaust sound, and a lower stance for looks and handling.
mine is always on lower i agree- looks so good - blows away the looks of my 08 turbo imo

Last edited by Cpa4S; 07-19-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:47 PM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
I have mine on comfort when the family is in there and normal when it's mainly just me. I prefer the normal height so I can see "better". If I'm hitting a few curves or that the track then I'll lower it. I think I've only used the sport setting at the dragstrip.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:06 AM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
i use low level with comfort setting in sport mode and psm off everyday.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:12 AM
WayneE is infamous around these parts
Ride quality is very subjective and depends on which other cars you (have) own(ed) and the roads in your area. I drive around in sport/sport all the time and don't find it harsh, but our roads in this area are generally pretty smooth.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by WayneE
Ride quality is very subjective and depends on which other cars you (have) own(ed) and the roads in your area. I drive around in sport/sport all the time and don't find it harsh, but our roads in this area are generally pretty smooth.
you are obviously correct Wayne, about the differences in the blacktop
but i was more refering to the differences between the 3 settings (on the same roads for all three)
i found sport way to harsh and "choppy"
i understand its for a "spirited" ride, but for normal daily driving i found it very uncomfortable...wheres comfort (i suppose its all in the name )
was....wait for it...very comfortable, so to sum it up, it does what it says on the tin.

what then is a "normal" ride

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: comfort-normal-sport buttons