Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cel p0441

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 07:36 AM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
Cel p0441

Got this code when I was at extended idle in traffic. I cleared it with the Durametric and then it popped up again. I have CPO warranty and after a trip to the dealer they are replacing the EVAP canister for a stuck (open) valve.
This represents the 9th time I have had to take this vehicle in for a problem since I bought it in October last year. Thank goodness for the CPO warranty. But this is getting really old. I think the last expected failure is the coolant pipe failure. At least to this point, nothing has made me walk or get towed yet (the cooling problem will when it happens). I love the thing when it's running, but I'm currently eyeballing a M5 as a possible replacement. I just keep hoping that "this is the last time" it has a niggling failure like this and all will be well, but it hasn't happened yet.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:53 AM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
what is "extended idle?"
does that mean you were at idle for a long time?

the longest i have left my car on idle was for 5 hours i was working on her, and thought id turned her off and went inside for something to eat, came back out 5 hours later and there she was ticking over as smooth as a penny.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:32 PM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
About 20 minutes of basically just releasing the brake pedal to move forward in bumper to bumper.