Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Got my front plate mount kit today. NICE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 12:22 AM
joel4sale is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Got my front plate mount kit today. NICE

Got my Cayenne just couple of month ago. Front plate is required by Washington state but no way I am gonna drill on that beautiful bumper. Seems like most people here in 6spd like to use Mower Axle mounting kit (moweraxle.com/licenseplatebrackets.html) but doesn't seem like they offer one for Cayenne on their web. Emailed them couple of times but never receive any reply.

Later I came across Promount Equipments (promountequipment.com) and order one of their kit for Cayenne. $99 for the kit and $7.5 shipping. Placed order on last Tuesday night. Received a email stating due to back order, there will be a slight delay. Received item today (Wednesday of following week) via UPS.

*****Sorry about the bug on the bumper, just came back from road trip****

I forgot to take a picture of contents, but everything is either stainless steel or anodized aluminum (Plate holder)

Made in USA!!!!

Before Picture

Remove the tow hook cover by GENTLY pray out with flat head screw driver.

back side of tow hook cover

tow hook cover removed

intall mounting stud into tow hook receptacle, reverse of what conventional screw direction. Left turn to tighten.

Choose a hole on plate holder to position the plate closer to center or to the side. Again, reverse screw direction.

Slight problem. The brilliant design incorporate a convex crew and a spherical adapter to allow few degree of movement (see red arrow) but the plate holder still seems to make a SLIGHT contact with bumper if I use the mounting hole at center of plate holder.

Add a plastic washer behind plate holder solved the problem easily.

Yay~~~~No drilling!!

Excellent quality! Everything fit perfectly!!

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-28-2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: embedded links and website tagged photo
Old 07-23-2009, 12:36 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
nice job.

i am not sure if this applys to all cayenne, but my gts came with a mount that goes on the center grill without needing any holes in the bumper.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:00 AM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
in the UK its law for front (large oblong) number plates, and the cayenne comes with a non drilled mounting plate.

failing that in the UK you can use a "sticky" plate mounted on the bonnet like the old sports cars had.

but your conversion looks cool.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:09 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Nice!

Old 07-23-2009, 10:21 AM
stikystikyricky is infamous around these parts
Nice Install!!! Kinda looks ugly but if you must.. I live here in Renton and have never had a front plate for years.. Never once had a problem. I drive a lot too.. The only cops I could see that migggght give you a hard time about it "I would assume" is prob kirkland. Either way... if you must.. Its a clean install

Old 07-23-2009, 10:37 AM
JBONDOx is infamous around these parts
that looks hideous, I seen a guy zip tie it to the front grill with better results. reminds me of trying to add a front plate on a McLaren

Old 07-23-2009, 11:53 AM
joel4sale is infamous around these parts
Trovan: Thanks. I think GTS and Turbo allow plate to be mounted on grill without drill. V6 and S need 4 hole

Siky: Man you are lucky, cuz Renton cops are DI*K! Got pull over twice for 4 mile over on Fairwood Blvd (near library)

JBON: I know it's ugly...I know....I just can't bring myself together to DRILL....

Old 07-23-2009, 12:29 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by joel4sale
I just can't bring myself together to DRILL....

Does the factory front license plate holder requires to drill holes?

I have the factory license plate holder but haven't bothered to take it out, I can already see the scratches around the area where the front license plate holder is located .

Old 09-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Bruin Pcar is infamous around these parts
Question

Hey guys,

I have an 08 GTS... it's time for me to finally put on my front plate. Anyone have instructions on how to install the plate bracket thing that came from Porsche? No instructions were included.

Thanks!

Old 09-27-2009, 11:58 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
looks good! Does the plate stay straight after driving it? I had something similiar to this before, and the plate would unscrew just a little bit everytime you drive = crooked plate.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:31 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Originally Posted by Bruin Pcar
Hey guys,

I have an 08 GTS... it's time for me to finally put on my front plate. Anyone have instructions on how to install the plate bracket thing that came from Porsche? No instructions were included.

Thanks!

it's pretty easy. you place the plastic mount into the center grill. i think it is meant to be at the lower portion. you need a tool to tight up the four screws. i think they are likely hexagonal. once you tight them up, the frame will tighten. you can then put up the plate on top of it. come by and i will do it for you if you want!!

Old 09-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Bruin Pcar is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the offer... I figured it out yesterday, and my plate didn't fall off this am so I think I should be all good!

Sucks to have to stick a plate on the front of the truck... looks much better without it, but really don't want to be bothered with the hassle of fix-it tickets.