Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Fabspeed worth it??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 09:18 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
Evan: thanks for reminding him, just forget him.

I don't even understand why he has to make this kind of comment in my other thread

"Holy $hit! (pun intended) are you old enough to drive?!?

I thought I was young having worked smart enough to buy myself a Cayenne Turbo at 26, but DAYUM! Must be nice

When I was your age (16-18?) I was allowed to borrow a crappy 1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 door from my parents when I needed to drive somewhere."

Old 11-06-2004, 04:04 AM
F1Drew is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by jenner
None of Fabspeeds exhausts for any Porsche have resonance. They are very skilled at increasing power and sound without resonance. Besides no one driving cars of this caliber would stand for that in the first place.

I have no clue what Deetz is smoking
That's assuming that you feel Fabspeed products are what they say they are. Not sure if anyone else is offering the cat bypass for the Cayenne so your limited if this is the mod you want. Personally I find Fabspeeds performance claims a bit over the top. And just because someone drives a Porsche or Ferrari doesn't mean they have they skills to determine what really works. I know alot of P and F car owners that have replaced their stock exhaust with a louder version which in their mind equals better performance. Unfortunately there's alot of misinformation out there.

Last edited by F1Drew; 11-06-2004 at 04:08 AM.
Old 11-06-2004, 04:11 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
This is Joe @ Fabspeed Motorsport.
Message to clear up hearsay.!

Our Cayenne and VW Touareg V8 2ndary catbypass pipes ADD significant power, better gas mileage, better noticeable throttle response and muscle car sound WITHOUT ANY NEGATIVE AFFECTS whatsoever.

NO check engine light
No resonnace 100% TRUE
===========================

There are 4 cats on all Cayennes. The 2nd set is to make the car ultra quiet. The car is built like a fortress and tank...........with our catbypass pipes and exhaust...........the car is so well insulated and strong that even a 6 month old can sleep perfectly when you or the wife are driving. However, when you floor it................it sings and makes exotic sounds.
======================
No more pot shots.
Power is #1 easily and cost effectively gained by ditching the 2nd set of catalytic conevrters. Anything else is %100 secondary and contray to actual and empiracle data.
Have a great day
Joe

Old 11-06-2004, 04:22 AM
F1Drew is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by 993RSClubsport
This is Joe @ Fabspeed Motorsport.
Message to clear up hearsay.!

Our Cayenne and VW Touareg V8 2ndary catbypass pipes ADD significant power, better gas mileage, better noticeable throttle response and muscle car sound WITHOUT ANY NEGATIVE AFFECTS whatsoever.

NO check engine light
No resonnace 100% TRUE
===========================

There are 4 cats on all Cayennes. The 2nd set is to make the car ultra quiet. The car is built like a fortress and tank...........with our catbypass pipes and exhaust...........the car is so well insulated and strong that even a 6 month old can sleep perfectly when you or the wife are driving. However, when you floor it................it sings and makes exotic sounds.
======================
No more pot shots.
Power is #1 easily and cost effectively gained by ditching the 2nd set of catalytic conevrters. Anything else is %100 secondary and contray to actual and empiracle data.
Have a great day
Joe
Thanks Joe. Glad you were able to clarify the all the 'heresay' Questioning statements should not be confused with, 'taking pot shots.'

Old 11-06-2004, 08:10 AM
GO 6SPEED!
F1Drew: Techart is offering the same thing soon, I saw it in the catalogue...

Old 11-07-2004, 12:29 AM
Jeffs is infamous around these parts
Deetz, you know how much the techart is gonna cost? And what's the difference between the techart and the fabspeed one?

Old 11-07-2004, 02:44 AM
GO 6SPEED!
I am not sure how much it will cost, but it will cost alot more and they look alot bigger and more complicated on the photo... I can show it to you if you want.

Old 11-07-2004, 12:17 PM
mudman2 is infamous around these parts
how can a cat bypass pipe be more complicated that a pipe with flanges ?

Old 11-08-2004, 10:02 PM
Jenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud of
Originally posted by mudman2
how can a cat bypass pipe be more complicated that a pipe with flanges ?
It's like magic. By adding "Techart" to a hollow bypass pipe, the price doubles.

Suckers are born every minute and people obviously buy them otherwise Techart wouldn't be in business.

Just because it costs the most, doesn't mean it's "the best"

Your guess is as good as mine mudman

Old 11-08-2004, 10:10 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by 993RSClubsport
Have a great day
Joe
Hi Joe, I will be calling you today to put in my order in for CT bypasses. Can't wait...

Edit: Done!!!!~

Last edited by rockitman; 11-09-2004 at 12:32 AM.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:24 AM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is infamous around these parts
i said this before and i'll say it again
"YOU CAN NEVER LOOSE WITH FAB"

Old 11-09-2004, 10:42 AM
mudman2 is infamous around these parts
Chris, you still got your skid plate install pics ? could not find them on the gallery.

Mike

Old 11-09-2004, 12:24 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by mudman2
Chris, you still got your skid plate install pics ? could not find them on the gallery.

Mike
Hi Mike !!!

The skid plate I had on the S was dealer purchased and installed for like $800 at the time , so no install pics. There is a tsb showing the process on Renntech (you probably know that already). Looks like a pain in the ****. Maybe a project for next Spring. Air filters and cat bypass pipes are the last mods this season for the new ride. Take care.

Chris

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.