Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Fabspeed worth it??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Jeffs is infamous around these parts
Question Fabspeed worth it??

Hi all,
I am unsure whether or not I should put Fabspeed secondary cat bypass pipes on my Cayenne S. It only cost 550 for the whole kit according to the fabspeed website. Anyone out there who has that installed? I would like to hear from you. Or would it be better for me to put techart or gemballa ones?

Old 11-04-2004, 11:01 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
Jeff: if you want a cheap solution to exhaust, don't get the fabspeed, I heard there is a lot of resonance. Get the supersprint exhaust, its 1300 if I am not mistaken. Offroad (John) has it on his Cayenne S. I can send you the video file if you want.

Ask Neil from Orton for more info

Old 11-04-2004, 11:12 AM
so supersprint is not bad?? thanks man ill check it out...what other options do i have?

Old 11-04-2004, 11:20 AM
GO 6SPEED!
Ok here is the list from the most expensive to the cheapest one ( I maybe wrong but it is roughly like this )

Techart (you know how it sounds)
Gemballa (Let's visit Jamy to listen to it, or you can download his sound clips, I have it at home, if you want I can burn you in CD)
Cargraphic (I have the soundclips)
Supersprint (I like the price and how it sounds)
Fabspeed

Old 11-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
I have the Fabspeed and I have no resonance. Throttle response feel a bit quicker. You can't really tell the difference in sound inside the car, but outside you can hear the diff.

Old 11-04-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Itzkirb
I have the Fabspeed and I have no resonance. Throttle response feel a bit quicker. You can't really tell the difference in sound inside the car, but outside you can hear the diff.
Thanks for the input...now i'm in an even more headache. I think for financial concerns I'm gonna go with the fabspeed for now since it doesn't cost much and is easy to install and uninstall.

Now my next crazy question is....what happens if I get a tech/gem/cargraphic exhaust AND put the fabspeed bypass pipes in also....i wonder how that would sound!!! anyone tried that?

Old 11-04-2004, 01:35 PM
Dave I is infamous around these parts
I have the Fabspeed too, and agree that there's no resonance.

Old 11-04-2004, 02:54 PM
offroad911 is infamous around these parts
Jeffs, Take a look at my review & installation. Read the comments regarding warranty issues. This will help you make your decision:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...threadid=16669

Old 11-05-2004, 02:25 AM
peterm is infamous around these parts
fabs

fabspeed excellent sound in the TT, no resonance. I had it in a c4s tip and had it removed at three months as I couldnt take the constant drone. I was therefore suspicious and now pleasently surprised

Old 11-05-2004, 02:57 AM
Jenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud of
None of Fabspeeds exhausts for any Porsche have resonance. They are very skilled at increasing power and sound without resonance. Besides no one driving cars of this caliber would stand for that in the first place.

I have no clue what Deetz is smoking

Old 11-05-2004, 03:22 AM
mike is infamous around these parts
Agree with ITZKirb/Jenner mine are perfect

Old 11-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Talking

Well thanks everyone for their input. Hmmm...looks like I am gonna do the fabspeed since they are cheap and no resonance. If I dislike them, I can take them off anyways, so it won't be that big of a risk...ordering mine ASAP...

Old 11-05-2004, 12:47 PM
GO 6SPEED!
Jeff: there was one on ebay or from another forum member in rennlist, he is selling a set really cheap because he does not want it

Old 11-05-2004, 01:03 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by jenner
None of Fabspeeds exhausts for any Porsche have resonance. They are very skilled at increasing power and sound without resonance. Besides no one driving cars of this caliber would stand for that in the first place.

I have no clue what Deetz is smoking
Um...do I sense sarcasm??
If not...What are YOU smoking

Old 11-05-2004, 07:43 PM
Jenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud of
ZERO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.