Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne S or Range Rover sport HSE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
i just about bought an 09nRRS for the spouse as well. the RRS is slower and rolls more, though it beats the LR3, but you learn how to place it into a corner.

the rrs - 09 is stunning inside but no ski passs through was an issue. the back area is pretty decent imo - 38 inches high and 48 inches wide - 31 cubic feet with back seats up isn;t bad, the legroom in the back seats is a LITTLE LESS THAN THE CAYyenne but the real difference back there is headroom - the cayenne probably has 2 or more inches of headroom.

kids may like that the rear windows go down all the way in the rrs

i was more than prepared to go for another rover - our june build 2006 has had nothing go wrong - it has been fantastic.

Last edited by Cpa4S; 08-04-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:12 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
i just about bought an 09nRRS for the spouse as well. the RRS is slower and rolls more, though it beats the LR3, but you learn how to place it into a corner.

the rrs - 09 is stunning inside but no ski passs through was an issue. the back area is pretty decent imo - 38 inches high and 48 inches wide - 31 cubic feet with back seats up isn;t bad, the legroom in the back seats is a LITTLE LESS THAN THE CAYyenne but the real difference back there is headroom - the cayenne probably has 2 or more inches of headroom.

kids may like that the rear windows go down all the way in the rrs

i was more than prepared to go for another rover - our june build 2006 has had nothing go wrong - it has been fantastic.
Yes the newer 06 + LR3/RRS platform has no reliability issues, though i heard the big RR still needs improvement in that space. Guess it's because its BMW sourced initially. My previous gen x5 was a nightmare. It's always in the shop. One time the whole car shut down on the highway while i was doing 50+, I traded it in for the RRS right after.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:00 AM
lovethesport is infamous around these parts
my o5 cs sound better, turns more heads and will leave a rr standing anyday anyplace

Old 08-05-2009, 03:30 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
I had the same issue prior to my Cayenne purchase.

Of course, I went with Cayenne S, since I haven't yet seen reviews saying "stay away from Cayenne after warranty runs out."

Old 08-06-2009, 08:08 PM
LT1
LT1 is infamous around these parts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...NA%3AUS%3A1123

Take a look at this one! Buy it now price is $39000. The funny thing is the the RR sport comes standard with many things that are high dollar options on the cayenne (air suspension, nav, tow hitch, 19" rims) etc

Last edited by LT1; 08-06-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:27 PM
KGB557 has a spectacular aura aboutKGB557 has a spectacular aura aboutKGB557 has a spectacular aura about
I just looked at both vehicles and chose the RRS. Thought I was getting more for my money when it came to all the features.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:08 PM
dajadeturtle is infamous around these parts
If you are looking at a 2006 CS get the Titanium Edition... it comes with a lot of standard features and mine has been bulletproof and I have had it for 50K trouble free miles I picked it up new...

try to find one with air suspension, variable assist steering, and tow package... I have all three options, pano roof I don't have if I did I would not think of parting with her....

Two tone interior, the sport design body kit, Xenons, Nav, Roof were all standard... and there are quite a few available if you look...

PM me I can point you toward a few dealers I have seen leftovers and low miles examples at... other half wants to give one to my daughter, I would love to pass mine to her and get myself a 6speed GTS but must have full leather dash and a pano roof....

Old 08-10-2009, 05:51 PM
LT1
LT1 is infamous around these parts
So I looked at 2 CPO '06 RR sports one with 26k mi for $40k and one with 36k mi for $39,500. I love the trucks but I couldn't get past the condition of the vehicles. My trade in, a 2001 ML 320 with 70k miles was in much better condition than both.

Then I saw it... THE SUPER STEAL! Sitting right in the showroom, brand new.

I bought it! 2009 RR Sport: White/Black (perfect for the wife's daily driver/kid hauler) with the 20" Stormer rims with 275 tires (bad ***). The MSRP was $61,400 I paid $52,250! Wheels and 2 sets of mats thrown in.

I know this is the cayenne board but I hope you can be psyched for me. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by LT1; 08-10-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Hiro is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the purchase.

I also looked at both Cayenne and RRS back in 08, went with the RRS instead. My main reason was i liked the looks of RRS over Cayenne or Cayenne S. My primary concern was the reliabilty that everyone seem to be talking about. After having the car for about 1.5 years, I haven't really had any problems. There are some bugs on the memory seats (occassionally it goes into strange positions that we have not programmed) and side mirrors (when in reverse, it tilts upward looking at the sky instead of downward). I communicated this to the dealer and apparently this is not a common issue and the RRS seems to be working fine every time I stop by the dealer. Other than that, it has been very reliable to us. Wife has been using the car most of time. On long trips, it is one of the most comfortable car I've been in (also commented by friends). 3-4 hour rides doesn't really create any butt or back pains. I have not spend extensive amount of time in Cayennes to compare with, but casually riding friend's Cayenne S felt like it is firmer and handles much better on twisty roads as it doesnt have as much body lean. The trunk on the RRS is very heavy, and probably the only complaint wife has. Other than that, great truck for the family up to this point.

Last edited by Hiro; 08-10-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:24 PM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by LT1
So I looked at 2 CPO '06 RR sports one with 26k mi for $40k and one with 36k mi for $39,500. I love the trucks but I couldn't get past the condition of the vehicles. My trade in, a 2001 ML 320 with 70k miles was in much better condition than both.

Then I saw it... THE SUPER STEAL! Sitting right in the showroom, brand new.

I bought it! 2009 RR Sport: White/Black (perfect for the wife's daily driver/kid hauler) with the 20 Stormer rims with 275 tires (bad ***). The MSRP was $61,400 I paid $52,250! Wheels and 2 sets of mats thrown in.

I know this is the cayenne board but I hope you can be psyched for me. Thanks for the help.
Congrats on the purchase and enjoy her in good health. I'm always psyched when someone picks up an new ride. Cheers!!!

Old 08-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Bigfoot is infamous around these parts
Headroom matters

As long as you fit, buy the one you like. I could not fit in the RR Sport. The RR Sport seat does not go low enough to allow me to sit up without bending my neck sideways. Once I drove my CPO 2006 Cayenne Turbo S, my search was over. I'll agree the RR Sport looks sweet, but I need headroom unavailable in about half the SUVs on the planet. The full size RR has the headroom, but I liked driving the Turbo S better. Even the Escalade does not have enough headroom. They must need the seats higher for the soccer moms to see over the dashboard. Toyota Sequoia -- not even close. Even the big ones can lack headroom.

Enjoy your RR Sport, post some pics.