Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.
View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
Cayenne S (very well optioned) = $65K w/ discount
53.62%
FX45 (fully loaded) = $48K w/ discount
46.38%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Cayenne S vs. FX45

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 12:36 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
FX45

Compared to the S, the FX is faster and a better bang for the buck as long as you don't off road much. I have to rotate my tires every 5k or I'd need to replace before 20k. Overall, it is a very well done package. Based on my needs, I vote FX.

Last edited by NelsonF; 11-06-2004 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:45 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
Originally posted by trojanman

while the FX can hold its own in the twisties, it doesn't handle like a Porsche.
neither does the Cayenne

Seriously if performance matters, the FX wins hands down. I believe it weighs over 1000lbs less. The GPS system is the best i've used and the rear-view camera is super sweet. My favorite thing about the car is the steering wheel. It is small, thick, and very sporty. As my main interface with the car, this makes a big difference. I can't say enough good things about it so far. The only drawback is that i get terrible gas milage: about 12mpg.

Old 11-06-2004, 01:00 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm...this comparo really isn't making my decision any easier. Maybe I'll just hold out until I can afford a CTT!
Considering I had one of the first S shipments MY03, with problems, I can tell you that the CT is a different animal. Maybe it's the air suspension, leaving out the power issue for argument sake. Whether it's an S or TT, when it's bugfree, it's the best SUV out there bar none, imo.

Old 11-06-2004, 02:12 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
No offense to anyone, the FX is hideous and the Cayenne is so so, IMO neither.

Old 11-06-2004, 03:03 AM
Jeffs is infamous around these parts

Power-wise, the FX sounds like it will do better in a straight line, and while the FX can hold its own in the twisties, it doesn't handle like a Porsche.
Nicely said!! Well try driving an FX 45 and Cayenne S AT THEIR LIMITS!!! Its slightly harder to lose control in the S than the FX. Sadly, FX 45 accelerates faster but its on-limits handling is not good at all, too much adjustments must be made to the steering input at that level on the FX 45, so if you were to bring both cars to a dry track with lots of twisties I would go with the Cayenne. I feel bad for those having problems with their Cayennes, I am lucky that I have no problems whatsoever at 10k miles with mine...

Old 11-06-2004, 04:55 AM
MCJ
MCJ is infamous around these partsMCJ is infamous around these parts
I recently picked up an '04 45 for $46,500 fully loaded. Cheap money for what you get IMO.

Old 11-06-2004, 05:35 AM
Priority member
CTcayenne is infamous around these parts
Make things easy.

Think about the NAME......

PORSCHE
or
INFINITI

Old 11-06-2004, 06:29 AM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
It's funny... one of the common values that Porsche owners use in choosing P-cars over F-cars is substance... P-cars may not have the flash of the F-car, but it's a reliable daily driver that can rack up the miles with far less fuss (I'm not arguing for or against this, but just stating that this is a common virtue that's often repeated)...

Suddenly, when comparing the Cayenne S to the FX45... "Think about the NAME"... ironic.

Let's be clear... Cayenne has it all over the FX in terms of off-road ability and pimp factor... but I bet less than 1% of them ever see dirt roads. The FX felt superior on the road, has much better performance and more refined drivetrain.

Cayenne is a nice SUV, no doubt... but ~$20k better than FX?

Let's put it this way... take away the "Porsche" and "Infiniti" name, put them at the exact same price point, and unless I was inclined to go offroading, I'd still take the FX45 loaded.

Again, to each his own... of course I can see why somebody would choose an S... just giving my opinion to help him make his decision!

Last edited by StephenTi; 11-06-2004 at 06:47 AM.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:46 AM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Trojannman- if you are willing to wait another 6-8 months, youwould be able to get a killer deal on a MY 2005. The extra two months would go by so fast you will be glad that you waited because of all the extra $$ you saved Well I have to admit, its all your choice and what you feel is better for you between the Cayenne and FX... good luck! lol..

Ryan

Old 11-06-2004, 07:09 AM
Tommy Vercetti is infamous around these parts
I have a FX 45, that is my daily driver, my wife owns the ///M
The FX will own any other SUV on the road w/ the exception of the turbo, which is what $90K lol. I have the sports/prem pkg which incl. the nice 20's and sport susp. Which btw is my biggest problem. It rides so hard and rough it is a back breaker. It rides worse than my M w/ a full track susp. under it. I have pounded many Cay and its no contest plus great cust. service. The sound system from Bose is great, the bass unit in the trunk is the size of the tires, huge. Looks cool while the Cay looks like crap. It has no body lean and I can out corner and out brake most sports cars, it has some of the best brakes C&D ever tested , I think the 997 stopped only 3 ft sooner from 70mph.

Old 11-06-2004, 10:17 AM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
I've gotta admit - for the $$ savings, the FX is sounding more attractive. Hmmm...maybe I'll take over a lease on an FX45 for 12-18 months and by that time I'll be able to afford a used 2005 CTT!!

Of course by that time I'll probably want something else...

Old 11-06-2004, 10:35 AM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Hey trojanman that sounds like a good idea you said in previous post!! In fact that is somthing many people should look into because Cayenne Turbos are much more worth it to buy 2nd hand in tip top shape and low mileage!

Ryan

Old 11-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
volkswagen or mazda... your choice.

Old 11-06-2004, 11:32 PM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
It's not a Mazda... it's a Nissan

Old 11-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Priority member
CTcayenne is infamous around these parts
So, in summary FX is more for driving and Cayenne is more for Pimping.

I will choose to be pimp, plus it is everyday, think about it: pimping everyday. sounds good.

Goodluck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Poll: Cayenne S vs. FX45