Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.
View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
Cayenne S (very well optioned) = $65K w/ discount
53.62%
FX45 (fully loaded) = $48K w/ discount
46.38%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Cayenne S vs. FX45

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 08:16 AM
FX45nE46 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by CTcayenne
So, in summary FX is more for driving and Cayenne is more for Pimping.

I will choose to be pimp, plus it is everyday, think about it: pimping everyday. sounds good.

Goodluck
Well, if i was really pimping, i think i would go with a Range Rover instead since that's the ultimate pimp mobile imo..

Getting back to the FX vs. Cayenne S comparision, there are pros and cons for both. FX is super reliable mechanically plus it is fun to drive but the interior is ultra cheap.. even the kia sorrento has better leather and interior imo...i've been having leather issues from day 1 and Infiniti isn't doing s##t about it...

As for the Cayenne S, I can't justify paying 20k more w/o the high tech features that are in the tech package of the FX. As far as reliability, it appears to be so-so base on what i've read and heard. The car feels more solid than the FX due to the weight and the interior is somewhat nicer, but the Toureag seems to feel more luxurious..

If money is no object, i'll take the cayenne S. Otherwise, FX is the way to go...

Old 11-08-2004, 09:53 AM
mudman2 is infamous around these parts
I agree, FX was my number 2 choice, the looks was the final decision, could not imagine driving a clowns foot around.

It was well worth the extra $

Old 11-08-2004, 12:00 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
Cayenne S > FX45. If you are lucky, you get a car with only minor problems, if you aren't, better sell the car ASAP.

Cayenne S is alot better than infiniti because you see less of them on the road and I personally think it looks better.

Porsche there is no substitute
Infiniti there are substitutes

Old 11-08-2004, 12:19 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
The Cayenne is slowly but surely conquering the pole... =)

Old 11-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Cayenne328 is infamous around these parts
it's amazing how we have forgotten how dangerous SUVs can become once they are pushed to their so called "limits". There is no need for suvs to be fast nor handle like race cars on twisties. All this sportiness is marketing hype for a certain niche.

All i require from a SUV is that it's comfortable, able to carry stuff, daily driven, and have protection for my family should a moron decided to drive their SUV above speed limit through a corner and into my car.

Oh and I'd choose a Porsche Cayenne S.. since i ordered one.

Old 11-13-2004, 05:28 AM
bp7
bp7 is infamous around these parts
just made the cay decision vs fx45

recently test drove both the fx45 & cay s. went convinced i would get the fx but will end up with the cay. why? well, to start i find the cay design more appealing, both inside and out. no doubt the fx is more reliable, has more features and is quicker but when i drove them the fx refused to control rebound to the same degree as the cay. my wife also was unhappy with the clostrophobic feeling of the interior as well as the restricted ingress and egress to the rear seats (have 13 & 15 yr old sons). the quality of the interior on the fx feels like it belongs in a much less expensive car.
can't say i agree with the $ spread of this poll since in the real world it is less than the list prices would lead you to believe. i am leaving the asian cars to my wife who needs the reliability factor, i prefer the way cars built in germany feel.

Old 11-15-2004, 10:46 AM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
Love my S and absolutely NO problems at all. I use it to tow, off road and just got my snow tires from the tire rack in 19", can't wait! Sounds to me like you need to decide if you really need a truck or not b/c the FX is no truck. IMHO, if you don't own any other Porsches right now, get the Cayenne TT and you will have a permagrin everytime you sit in it and drive. I personally didn't get the Holie Smolie (TT) and settled for the Extra Spicey (S) b/c I have the 911TT for the permagrin.

Old 11-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by mudman2
I agree, FX was my number 2 choice, could not imagine driving a clowns foot around.

Old 11-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Boobie Stars
jamy85 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by mudman2
I agree, FX was my number 2 choice, the looks was the final decision, could not imagine driving a clowns foot around.

It was well worth the extra $