Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Pcm 3.0 dvd

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 03:38 AM
Exacc is a jewel in the roughExacc is a jewel in the roughExacc is a jewel in the roughExacc is a jewel in the rough
Pcm 3.0 dvd

Sorry if this is a newbie question...this is my first ever post here, and I just ordered a Sand White GTS (and have to wait 5 freakin months! I thought there was an economic slowdown...seems they can't make them fast enough!)...with the tons of options, that I was discussing with the salesguy, I forgot to ask if I can play a DVD movie with the PCM 3.0

I read the brochure and it says it can play DVD audio/video on PCM 3.0 and have surround sound using the Bose system. Not that you need your attention being divided while driving this car, but it is certainly nice to have, if it can.

TIA!

Old 08-20-2009, 04:10 AM
DUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud of
Audio only from what I've read. No video.

My Transsyberia is also a 5 month wait. Build completion is supposed to be 10/6, which means a November delivery.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:39 AM
Exacc is a jewel in the roughExacc is a jewel in the roughExacc is a jewel in the roughExacc is a jewel in the rough
Congrats! Mine is supposed to be produced in October...something about slowing down of production...I really don't know if it is salesperson BS...I don't really care, I am just happy to be owning one. The wait will be long though....

Old 08-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlant
Audio only from what I've read. No video.

My Transsyberia is also a 5 month wait. Build completion is supposed to be 10/6, which means a November delivery.
Hey dutch, got your PM, but I need to get to 15 post count before I can reply...if you give me your e-mail I can send it there....

Old 09-16-2009, 05:48 PM
JBONDOx is infamous around these parts
I know it is an older post, but if you have the 6 disc DVD player, then you can watch videos while parked. there are modules that allow you to over ride that feature, and I just want to plug myself, as i have a few of those modules in the for sale section that I am selling. I know it is shameful, but I need to get rid of the clutter.

Also if you don't have the DVD section, I just experimented with adding the video in on the back up camera input and selecting the back up camera over ride with one of the modules I am trying to unload, you can get a video source to display on the front screen, just select aux audio to get the audio in... the only downfall is that when you do it that way, the navigation sees you in reverse, it takes a minute or so for it to find your position or it will show you driving backwards on the nav

Old 09-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by JBONDOx
I know it is an older post, but if you have the 6 disc DVD player, then you can watch videos while parked. there are modules that allow you to over ride that feature, and I just want to plug myself, as i have a few of those modules in the for sale section that I am selling. I know it is shameful, but I need to get rid of the clutter.

Also if you don't have the DVD section, I just experimented with adding the video in on the back up camera input and selecting the back up camera over ride with one of the modules I am trying to unload, you can get a video source to display on the front screen, just select aux audio to get the audio in... the only downfall is that when you do it that way, the navigation sees you in reverse, it takes a minute or so for it to find your position or it will show you driving backwards on the nav
You know what? I am not sure if the car I ordered has the 6 disc DVD changer...I'd have to check my sheet again. So short answer is:

w/ 6 DVD changer, you can watch with hand brake on, and can buy a module to override it.

w/o 6 DVD changer, you have to use the backup camera input...? correct?

Please e-mail me the cost of your modules - gibsonaustin@gmail.com

Old 09-17-2009, 07:38 AM
JBONDOx is infamous around these parts
Yes, that is correct. The override module is $200 and a link is in my signature at the bottom of this post. I also emailed you

Old 09-17-2009, 08:21 AM
Just checked my sheet, i don't have the 6 DVD changer, just the Bose Sound System....

Any other options to watch DVD on the car, that is more seamless?