Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Get Your Cayenne While You Can!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 08:53 AM
jlg
jlg is infamous around these parts
Get Your Cayenne While You Can!!

Read this: http://www.leftlanenews.com/report-v...-panamera.html

Old 09-02-2009, 09:00 AM
beegee is infamous around these parts
how much of this is truth?

Old 09-02-2009, 09:08 AM
CayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura about
ZERO......" an inside source"

There is no legitimate source behind this and a few other similar articles floating around......

Especially considering the Cayenne accounts for 50% of Porsche's revenue.....

And....it might not be a great marketing strategy, talking about killing the Panamera before it comes out......Fake

Old 09-02-2009, 09:08 AM
jlg
jlg is infamous around these parts
Who knows!! but atleast we have until 2016!!

Old 09-02-2009, 10:42 AM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
i think that there is a lot of truth in these stories...... BUT not how you are interpreting it.

the cayenne as good as it is (im on my second one) has been around since late 2002, and after 2012 when the current versions are finished it will be a 10 year old design, thats a good run, and with the greens putting there oar in every 10 minuites its done well to last that long.
to be honist our cars are looking a bit tired on the looks front (compare to the fresher looking range rover (et al)

i think that for the future porsche will definatly be going back to there roots (its what the companys ethos is based on)
and there will be a smaller type of SUV carrying a different name.

just my way of thinking.
but i hope im wrong

Old 09-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Banned
twiskus has a spectacular aura abouttwiskus has a spectacular aura abouttwiskus has a spectacular aura about
I call BS...Porsche is in this gig (as VW) to make money (pretty much the definition of what anyone is in business) and as someone stated above, with 50% of your profits coming from one specific vehicle, I don't see that as getting axed.

Trev

Old 09-02-2009, 12:11 PM
AceRothstein415 is infamous around these parts
Why would they kill they their cash cow (cayenne), and the panamera after they spent billions developing it? Makes no sense....

Old 09-02-2009, 12:59 PM
DUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ONE234

the cayenne as good as it is (im on my second one) has been around since late 2002, and after 2012 when the current versions are finished it will be a 10 year old design, thats a good run,
The Mercedes G-Class has been around since 1979 (30 yrs); and they are still using the same stamping dies to make body panels - i.e. the body design hasn't changed during that time. They're still selling every one that comes off the assembly line, too.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:24 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
A lot will change between now and 2016, it's really not worth paying attention to right now.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Tlar88 is infamous around these parts
Old 09-02-2009, 08:28 PM
huskyfan23 is infamous around these parts
Sounds sketchy. I'll believe it when I see it. You don't axe something that's making you money, and you don't axe future builds of a model that hasn't even been released yet!

Old 09-02-2009, 09:58 PM
norsecarnut is infamous around these parts
Not sure if the 6spd manual will last but I enjoyed the one I borrowed overnight last month - an 08 6mt GTS, black on black, priced at $65k, new, no nav but had other good stuff like the suspension package, I forget it's name.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:32 AM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by twiskus
I call BS...Porsche is in this gig (as VW) to make money (pretty much the definition of what anyone is in business) and as someone stated above, with 50% of your profits coming from one specific vehicle, I don't see that as getting axed.

Trev
ok, your not seeing this from a corporate perspective.
both porsche and VW are now not only compeating in the same sectors...but with almost the excact car (cayenne/tourag)
it makes huge sence to let porsche "revert" back to purely sports cars and let VW (et al) deal with the mundane stuff.
the fact that the cayenne is doing so well still for porsche will have no baring on this, as VW (tourag) would fill in any shortfalls, the loss in people for the cayenne will be made up in new venture sales and models by porsche.
the cayenne cannot run for ever no matter how well its doing at the moment, they (VAG group) are looking at the bigger picture 10+ years on

as far as the mercedes G wagon goes that is not a production car anymore, just being made to special order, it was superceeded by the ML
its only the bundesweir that is keeping that going.
the BL mini was one of the most suscessfull cars of all, but they ditched that because it was an old design, and it was a few years before BMW brought the name (only) back.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:53 AM
DUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ONE234

as far as the mercedes G wagon goes that is not a production car anymore, just being made to special order, it was superceeded by the ML
its only the bundesweir that is keeping that going.
I guess this shows the real extent of your knowledge - completely inaccurate and misinformed.

Last edited by DUTCH VanAtlant; 09-03-2009 at 05:56 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:27 AM
Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlant
I guess this shows the real extent of your knowledge - completely inaccurate and misinformed.
WOW, where did that come from? are you having a bad day?
i am not misinformed? i have pasted here from mercedes uk/europe a list of there current production cars/4x4's
you will see there is no G wagon.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...=lr%3D&aq=f&oq=

i thought this was a friendly forum?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Get Your Cayenne While You Can!!