Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

PCM 2.0/2.1 Video In Motion Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 04:25 PM
pct2005 is infamous around these parts
PCM 2.0/2.1 Video In Motion Help

Ok, I'm at my wits end at this point with dension products and their lack of support so I'm looking to the forums for help. I've called tech support in Canada which they redirected me to someone in the states which is the main distributor for the USA for Dension products. Their tech support said that they sell the AVR but don't support it and Densions email tech support doesn't respond to my questions. Before I rip this entire system out and throw it in the trash I'm hoping someone can help.

I bought the dension gw500, the system works as described and does it's job. In addition to the dension gw500 I bought their AVR system (Audio Video Router) It is supposed to display video on the screen. The two problems that I'm having is this, it does show video on the screen but it's a 4:3 image instead of 16:9 dension tech support doesn't know why, secondly video in motion does not work. This system plugs into the gw500 and goes inline with the PCM via CAN. I've applied their NTSC update and their VIM Enable update. The AVR only requires power, ground and the parking brake and reverse signal wire. I've hooked up the reverse signal wire and grounded the parking brake wire. Even if I put the car in reverse I still receive the display not available while vehicle is moving message. I'd love to get this thing to work and figure that the 4:3 image is only because I'm playing video from youtube. I'm going to rip a porsche video I have and put it on the iphone and play it to see if it does 16:9 so it's full screen instead of half the screen. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but the dension unit is so frustrating that you can't tell if the update is applied other than the file magically disappears from your usb stick and it doesn't write a new file stating that the file was written successfully. I've also reset the gw500 multiple times in hopes that it needs a restart for the avr to work. I hope someone has an answer for me or has another way to do it. My only last resort would be to remove the can bus completely but I don't want to do that either because I want all the trip information as well as navigation to be accurate.

I hope someone has some answers with the AVR unit or at least a trick to get VIM to work. Could this be something that the PIWIS could take care of? I feel like I'm pissing in the wind. Thanks for any help

Old 10-19-2009, 05:23 AM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
i cant help with your denison set up, but the cheap interface i bought from ebay allows me to watch full screen dvd's on the move (for the other half i might add) by simply throwing a switch located in my glovebox.

good luck with your problem though.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:47 AM
pct2005 is infamous around these parts
Does it happen to be this ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TV-FR...fAudioQ5fVideo

if not could you post the link and/or pm it to me of the seller?

Old 10-21-2009, 11:18 PM
hca80 is infamous around these parts
lock fora diez interface,,, works great on my cay

Old 10-25-2009, 04:43 PM
GreyPepper is just really niceGreyPepper is just really niceGreyPepper is just really niceGreyPepper is just really nice
Originally Posted by ONE234
i cant help with your denison set up, but the cheap interface i bought from ebay allows me to watch full screen dvd's on the move (for the other half i might add) by simply throwing a switch located in my glovebox.

good luck with your problem though.
What interface is this then. Sounds good.
Where did you mount the DVD player?
Thanks,

Old 10-26-2009, 03:08 PM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GreyPepper
What interface is this then. Sounds good.
Where did you mount the DVD player?

Thanks,
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Multimeida-int...item3c9fb71492

try this.
i mounted the DVD player in the boot (right side panel) and use via remote control.