Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Curiosity Growing: Could you SC/T a V6?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 04:35 PM
knicks is infamous around these parts
Curiosity Growing: Could you SC/T a V6?

today i saw a supercharged v6 mustang and i thought what if i could supercharge or turbocharge a v6 cayenne? it might be the dumbest question and a quick rejection or the start to a huge project so if someone could tell me the possibility of it and if its do-able, thanks

if possible, im curious on the prices and how difficult it would be? ive never heard of this ever on a cayenne, it would be nice to be the first one lol

Old 10-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
sure its possible, but is it worth it? ehhh might as well upgrade to a GTS or a Turbo as a custom kit will cost $10K-$20K.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:45 PM
knicks is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fantasma
sure its possible, but is it worth it? ehhh might as well upgrade to a GTS or a Turbo as a custom kit will cost $10K-$20K.
i cant be seperated from my truck, im planning on owning it forever or until it dies and im not in the financial situation to buy a new car, or even up for the challenge of selling the cayenne and buying a new cayenne. I like having something different then others i guess

Old 10-30-2009, 10:19 PM
SoCal955 is infamous around these parts
VF Engineering had a kit in development but killed it. Not enough interest I think was the reason, I think the piecing together of the parts is the "simple" part, the software issue is what I would be concerned with. You could also go with the Gemballa kit, for 25K its a steal!

Old 11-02-2009, 11:29 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
I'm with the general thought here that it isn't worth it. Seriously though, your sig says you're waiting for a turbo body kit. That can't be cheap. Just take off your wheels and get a turbo. It already has the body kit and it has air suspension so you can lower it just like your eibachs.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:10 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Afroman
im not in the financial situation to buy a new car, or even up for the challenge of selling the cayenne and buying a new cayenne.
My suggestion is to not do it. The amount of headaches and the cost of this modification will definately be more than if you traded the car in and got yourself a Turbo....

Old 11-02-2009, 05:41 PM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
My 0.02 cents...not worth it. Too many headaches during and after the install. If you like your truck that much not to trade it in for a similar year used GTS or Turbo, then ride out your truck until it "konks" out or you financially are ready to upgrade to a higher model. Putting in $20K for an SC on a V6 is not worth it financially on top of all the other mods you wanna add on which equals $$$$$$. That money can easily go into an upgrade to an S or Turbo and you'll be happier in the end.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:53 PM
wwjd is infamous around these parts
I guess 9ff does sc?

Old 11-04-2009, 06:25 AM
WayneE is infamous around these parts
Anything is possible with enough money. I think fabricating a supercharger setup for the V6 would be simple, but the tuning is where you'd run into a problem. Retarding timing on boost as well as adding fuel.

I've seen simple kits that use a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator to ramp up fuel pressure, but I don't know if that style FMU would work on a Cayenne.

That said, I'll stick with the collective - if you can't afford to swap to a turbo, you can't afford to have a supercharger setup fabricated for your V6. Enjoy your cosmetic mods and swap to a turbo when you have the scratch.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:06 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I have to agree with the others, spend the money on upgrading the vehicle to something with more power.

I know of a few different vehicles that have added SC kits that aren't producing the power that they were suppose to (based on the manufactures claims)

Old 01-04-2010, 01:44 AM
Road Runner is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Afroman
today i saw a supercharged v6 mustang and i thought what if i could supercharge or turbocharge a v6 cayenne? it might be the dumbest question and a quick rejection or the start to a huge project so if someone could tell me the possibility of it and if its do-able, thanks

if possible, im curious on the prices and how difficult it would be? ive never heard of this ever on a cayenne, it would be nice to be the first one lol
I just came across this universal kit from STS that mounts a turbo under the vehicle before the muffler.
www.ststurbo.com/universal_turbo_systems
They also have a universal twin turbo setup for under $5000!
I really don't know if this could work with the Cayenne, but very interesting!

Old 01-04-2010, 08:23 PM
zmw
zmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to beholdzmw is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Road Runner
I just came across this universal kit from STS that mounts a turbo under the vehicle before the muffler.
www.ststurbo.com/universal_turbo_systems
They also have a universal twin turbo setup for under $5000!
I really don't know if this could work with the Cayenne, but very interesting!
Again the problem isn't the FI setup, there are cheap options to get this done, it's the tuning... sure you can add twin turbos to your cayenne, it'll cost 5 grand + probably 2-3 grand in custom exhaust and at least another 2-3 grand in custom tuning and that is assuming you live next door to someone like EPL or APR...

it's simply not worth it, even if you COULD Get it done for 10 grand..

an 04 V6 sells for low to mid 20s
an 04 CTT sells for mid 30s to mid 40s, they go at auction for around 33, and you can get them CPO'd for around 35 if you look for the deals...

for the 10 grand CASH you would spend on going to a V6 FI car you'd have a factory TT car with LOADS more options and probably LOADS more reliable, the turbo body kit, etc...

If you want something different, buy a 914 and put a subaru engine in it