Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Porsche cayenne S titanium edition upgrade help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 05:35 PM
ian1975 is infamous around these parts
Smile Porsche cayenne S titanium edition upgrade help

Hello to all,

I have a cayenne S titanium edition 2006 and I have to upgrade for my wife with the latest north america map, the bluetooth, the ipod, the radio sat and the rear camera...I'm not a tech savy kind of guy...I don't even know where to start, how much it will cost and if it's worthed?
-Can I upgrade to PCM 3? which dvd map do I need?
-Mobridge vs Dension?
-Which rear camera and sat radio that is compatible?

Any comments, ideas and thoughts are welcomed...

Thanks!

Ian

Old 11-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Road Runner is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ian1975
Hello to all,

I have a cayenne S titanium edition 2006 and I have to upgrade for my wife with the latest north America map, the blue tooth, the ipod, the radio sat and the rear camera...I'm not a tech savy kind of guy...I don't even know where to start, how much it will cost and if it's worthed?
-Can I upgrade to PCM 3? which dvd map do I need?
-Mobridge vs Dension?
-Which rear camera and sat radio that is compatible?

Any comments, ideas and thoughts are welcomed...

Thanks!

Ian
Both units use the MOST bus network so they will fully integrate with your existing controls. The Dension Gateway 500 with the extra modules should do just about everything that you want including video for your camera. The Mobridge will do Ipod and now Bluetooth but no video!
If you don't really need the back up camera, I myself would go for the Mobridge solution as I here it is less problematic and much cheaper!
~ $800 US + install.

I would also just keep your PCM 2.1 as it would involve several thousands of dollars to upgrade to a PCM 3. For ~$250 you can order the latest GPS disks from your local dealer (I think the latest North American set was released in 2008 and has lots of added info).

I hope this helps and good luck!

Old 11-03-2009, 06:01 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Road Runner is right, it's not worth it to upgrade to PCM 3. You can get new maps, a basic iPod kit, and XM from the factory. The rest would have to be from the aftermarket scene.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 11-03-2009, 06:21 AM
ian1975 is infamous around these parts
Thank you Roadrunner and Suncoastric,

If my wife really needs a backup camera, so Dension is the only solution then. But, can we use Mobridge and Nav-TV backup camera system? which sat radio product (fully integrate in the dashboard) that you recommend?

Roadrunner, which installer that use recommend in the Toronto area?

Suncoastric, which nav dvd upgrade do I need and how much?

Thanks!

Old 11-03-2009, 07:00 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Map Upgrade - Navigation, updated maps (the latest version available from Porsche).

Factory XM - There may be aftermarket versions, but the factory XM is fully integrated, not a bad way to go.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 11-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Road Runner is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ian1975
Thank you Roadrunner and Suncoastric,

Roadrunner, which installer that use recommend in the Toronto area?

Thanks!
One shop that comes to mind here in Toronto is Kromer Radio, but unfortunately I can't comment on their quality. They have been in business for decades and do high end vehicles.

You could also ask your Porsche dealer who they bring in to do the odd aftermarket install, as they would be extremely particular.