Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Techart muffler is falling off from my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 11:49 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
Techart muffler is falling off from my car

Ok here is the story.

I bought the Techart muffler 3-4 months ago and I really love it. Today, after 6350 miles, the exhaust fell off. I went to school in the morning and the exhaust was still hanging perfectly. I drove to school with max speed 80mph and I parked the car in school. I went back to my car, exhaust was still there and nothing was broken. I went back home, which is less than 2 miles away and I stopped by in the local Shell gas station. I filled in the gas and I looked at the exhaust, it was hanging very low. Thank God it did not hit the ground. I called the place where I installed it, KTR Performance, he told me to look at the exhaust and check whether the hanger is loose or broken. I called my good friend TCM and he told me to do the same. The tech from KTR can only come over to my place tomorrow morning. So I decided to go to the dealer, dealer was packed and can't put my car on the lift until tomorrow. I went to another shop called Autodesignhaus. The owner was very nice to me, he put it on a lift and looked at it. The hanger welded to the muffler is broken, it goes into two pieces. I can't believe it, I paid almost 4 grand for the exhaust and it broke after 6350 miles? Thank God I bought the muffler from my good friend Arling and he is taking care of it. Thanks to Jamy for following me from the gas station to the shop. The exhaust was bouncing when I drove it Autodesignhaus put a wire to hang it temporarily. Hopefully this problem can be solved because I can't drive my car now.

We'll see what Techart will do, I can't believe this build quality

Old 11-30-2004, 12:08 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
You should be ok as I would think it is warranted.

Neil

Old 11-30-2004, 12:56 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Next time you go to ADH say hi to Nima for me
Glad it did not get damaged at all!!

Old 11-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Jeffs is infamous around these parts
Damn I'm sorry to hear that Deetz I hope everything will be fine ASAP. Any tips on how to prevent this from happening in the future??

Old 11-30-2004, 02:22 PM
TCM
TCM is infamous around these parts
I al glad to see things are getting resolved DEETZ. I cannot beleive the weld completely came apart. I am assuming it is a freak incident as I have never heard of this happening on many high end exhaust systems. Please keep us updated.

Old 11-30-2004, 03:48 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Deetz
If you dont get rapid satisfaction and/or replacement systems are backordered......in other worsd if it looks like your car will be done for a awhile...........I will repair, fix, and reinforce your systems while you wait at my shop. Quick turnaround- I am your backup if you need it.
Joe Fabiani President
Fabspeed

Old 11-30-2004, 04:29 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
DeeTz,
sorry to hear that but i'm full force on top of it. most likely the new one will be on the way very soon as i already checked stock.

Joe,
in the mean time if u can help out that'll be great cuz if i don't catch the shipping soon enough it won't get there on time before end of the week. see what we could to get DeeTz on the road asap!

thanks for the kind offer & great team work

cheers!

Old 11-30-2004, 04:51 PM
GO 6SPEED!
Joe: thank you very much for the effort. I really appreciate it, (I want to cry now)

Arling: thank you very much for everything, you are a very good guy!

thanks everyone, I will keep you updated.

Old 11-30-2004, 05:55 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
No problem..........we are all Porsche owners/enthusiasts and car crazie!.

Can you take a picture and show where it broke. Perhaps you can just send me the system in New Jersey and I can turn it around the same day and get it back to you in Boston.

I will be traveling to England next week from Tuesday 12/8- 12/16/04. If you need help try to do it before I leave or after I come back.
Joe Fab

Old 11-30-2004, 08:09 PM
Boobie Stars
jamy85 is infamous around these parts
Deetz, Is the hanger still holding? If so, you should be fine if you drive slowly till your parts arrive

Old 12-02-2004, 01:11 PM
GO 6SPEED!
Jamy: thanks alot for everything you did you are my best friend!!

Joe: thank you, just if I could not get a new set, I would send it to you. Thanks for everything, I appreciate it

Arling: thanks !!! you da man! thanks for the new exhaust ^^ hopefully its louder ^^