Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Porsche radio/nav (pcm 2.1) faulty screen replacement tutorial video - how to

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:52 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
My LCD finally died.

Thank you for making such a detailed DIY.

bob

Old 04-13-2011, 08:23 PM
simpleman325i is infamous around these parts
Still one of my fav posts.... Rox sure knows his stuff and has saved me thousands!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 10:30 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Thanks guys - I'm impressed that there are other nutjobs like me that will risk taking apart a $1500+ head unit

Old 06-24-2011, 10:15 PM
ebco-ltk is infamous around these parts
Roxboxxx, Thank you for your excellent posts and detailed step by step instructions.
My screen has been on the blink for a while. Doing a google search brought me to your post and solution. I ordered the screen on Ebay, and spent all of 30 minutes start to finish changing out the screen using your pictures as a step by step guide.

Thank you again !

Old 06-27-2011, 12:27 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ebco-ltk
Roxboxxx, Thank you for your excellent posts and detailed step by step instructions.
My screen has been on the blink for a while. Doing a google search brought me to your post and solution. I ordered the screen on Ebay, and spent all of 30 minutes start to finish changing out the screen using your pictures as a step by step guide.

Thank you again !
30 min - dam a new record!!! Glad it worked out for you. Don't forget to drive by the dealer and fling your old screen at the closest service estimater

Old 07-29-2011, 08:06 PM
Speed Freak is infamous around these parts
Different Screen

Thanks for putting the step by step info, appreciate it. I bought the screen from the ebay guy and its the same one you have, but when I took it apart, mine was not the same one that was send to me. I'm puzzled, and need help. Are there two version of these PCM's. I'll post my picture. Mine is on the left.

Attached Images  
Old 07-30-2011, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by Speed Freak
Thanks for putting the step by step info, appreciate it. I bought the screen from the ebay guy and its the same one you have, but when I took it apart, mine was not the same one that was send to me. I'm puzzled, and need help. Are there two version of these PCM's. I'll post my picture. Mine is on the left.
It's definitely the wrong one. They sent you what looks like the the pcm 2.0 Audi screen.

Email the seller and show him the pic of yours. You need to get them to swap it out.
I also noticed the same dealer I used, selling a PCM 2.0 screen labeled as a 2.1! They def mixed it up and are incorrect. If this is who you bought it from, definitely get it swapped out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TFT-D...#ht_2869wt_948

Last edited by roxboxxx; 07-30-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Newyboy is infamous around these parts
Smile Hi - I am here in Australia with the same problem with my 997 - did you solve it?

Can you give an update RomeNewYorkMiam?

Last edited by Newyboy; 08-10-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Pcm 2.0

I had to return my PCM 2.1 to Potugal, they vendor seems reputable. He is sending out the PCM 2.0, and I'm waiting. Will give more update.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Newyboy is infamous around these parts
Thanks mate I look froward to seeing how you go.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:06 PM
PCM 2.0 Screen put in.

Ok. So after 2-3 weeks of a cavernous hole in the console, the screen is finally in. Looks complete and pretty. But.....it's still doing the same thing of screen being grey and if I turn it off, it goes black. Put all the pieces back together carefully. I throw both hands up! Help!

Old 09-26-2011, 08:06 AM
cayenneS05 is infamous around these parts
Excellent write up!!!! How do you know if your PCM is a 2.0 or 2.1?

Old 09-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by cayenneS05
Excellent write up!!!! How do you know if your PCM is a 2.0 or 2.1?

If you have a 03 - 04 and its a CD based NAV, its a 2.0

If you have a lat 04 - 06 and its DVD based NAV, its 2.1

Old 09-28-2011, 07:31 AM
Great! Thanks for your help.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Well I finally decided to pull out the unit and switch out the screens. Radio still works, but now the screen stays off and does not turn on. I disassembled the unit 3 times to make sure something was still plugged in from when I put it back together. Any thoughts or ideas? I'm stuck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Porsche radio/nav (pcm 2.1) faulty screen replacement tutorial video - how to