Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

09 CS slow acceleration?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:46 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
09 CS slow acceleration?

Hi guys,
Lately I feel the car is sluggish off the start. When i hit the gas, in sport mode and first gear, the car makes the metallic noise from the bypass pipe and just rolls. Eventually it kicks in. It almost feel like its losing back pressure from the exhaust system. I dont think the bypass pipe is installed correctly, as it hits the metal crossbar when i first start the car. But would that contribute to the sluggishness? The 21 inch GTS wheels dont help either, they feel heavy! Any feedback is appreciated.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:27 PM
fredjchavez is infamous around these parts
What were things like prior to exhaust change?

Old 11-18-2009, 08:09 AM
jyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond reputejyupitt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fredjchavez
What were things like prior to exhaust change?
it felt lighter on its feet... But then again it was with the 19's.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:20 PM
Today i ran with my friends stock 2006 range rover sport supercharged. it's 7 seconds\ car, and it beat me from stop to 80 mph, rolling start and on the highway. I had a very hard time keeping up, it walks away from me every time. what gives?? the rrs just felt so much torquier, because it had more torque and power delivery is very smooth. and i feel the cs power delivery is not smooth and inconsistent.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:52 PM
fredjchavez is infamous around these parts
Can you do a 0-30, 0-60, and 1/4 mile time? There are a handful of innexpensive timers out there...0-60 for CS should be 6.8-7.4 range depending on equipment and temperature...