Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne rinspeed wheel help!!!!! What should i do??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Kingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud of
Cayenne rinspeed wheel help!!!!! What should i do??

Here is my issue. I got my cayenne rinspeed 23" wheels with 315/25/23 tires about 4 months ago. 2 wheeks ago I cracked one rim on the lip on the inside part of the wheel. The crack was less then an inch big but i went and bought a new wheel and spent a lot of money doing this. Then yesterday I see my other wheel has low air pressure so I went and got it checked and the dam thing is cracked. The crack is also on the inside lip and less then an inch big its even smaller then the other wheel had. What do you think I should do? Should weld the one i just cracked for a like $120 at a shop? Sell all five wheels and just use my stocks and maybe buy some cheap cool looking rims or the rinspeed replicas? Buy 305/30/23 tires for them and fix the crack which would probably be too much for me to afford? Im really im fed up with spending so much money on these wheels. And if there are another suggestions please let me know. Just to let you know i'm 17 and i make all my own money from djing every weekend and have to pay for my car and mods my self so money is a real issue for me.

If i sell the wheels how much do you guys think i can get for them if one wheel is brand new, another was just refinished because it had some curb rash and now looks brand new. Another has some small curb rash but not even noticeable from far and I painted over it and is in pretty much perfect condition and the two others are cracked. Besides for the new wheel the rest of the wheels have about 3,000 miles on them and are painted black... Not Powder Coated
Thank you very much for your help

Old 12-03-2009, 08:38 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
If you like the RS's then have them repaired. The repair shop will tell you if they are too dangerous to fix or not. In most cases they can handle it and as its on the inside there should be no tells. It's the cheapest solution. At min, it gives you time to hunt around for something else.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:50 PM
caltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to all
I have the same wheels. The thin tires do not give you much padding so you have to be very careful not to hit pot holes and or rub curbs as the wheels stick out further then the tires. Valets have rubbed my rims several times. I have had a couple fixed because of this. If you want to jump curbs off road and or use it like a truck then I would go with a smaller wheel so you can get some more rubber under there... If you change wheels PM your price on those as it might be nice to have a backup spare wheel...

Old 12-04-2009, 02:16 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
this is the issues when you have 22 and 23" wheels you have to drive carefule especially on the crappy streets of los angeles.

If you choose to go back to stock rims I think you should leave them instead of putting "cheap " ones. I believe people ruin the looks of the car when they put after market wheels just to put different wheels on their rides.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Kingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud ofKingshawn1234 has much to be proud of
Thanks... All this started happening after i got my TPMS installed. Do you think that is the problem?

Old 12-05-2009, 11:58 PM
wwjd is infamous around these parts
If money is an issue, you shouldn't keep those wheels. I had 22" TechArt on my CTT, they were all bent just after 5 months. After I took them to repair shop, they charged $125 for each, and I had to wait about 1 week at least to let them dry. Then another 3 months, 4 of them were bent again. But I was out of luck, 3 of them were seriously bent on the inside, so my shop told me even they get them repaired, they cant guarantee about it.
Good luck.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:35 AM
ken133 is infamous around these parts
hi KingShawn,

how are you? just to check with you what is your status on your Rinspeed rim? the reason being, i have the same problem as you. i have a 23" Rinspeed five spoke, it happens the same cracked. what can i do to overcome this?

thanks

Old 02-22-2010, 09:30 AM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
As I mentioned on the other thread, cracked wheels belong in the trash. If you keep the 23's, you will most likely continue to have issues. I suggest searching eBay for some decent OEM take-offs.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:20 PM
elcayano is infamous around these parts
Put 22s here in panama, wheels lasted 3 months and dealer wanted to void warranty, saysing that cayenne only allows up to 21 inch. keep the stocks

Old 02-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by ken133
hi KingShawn,

how are you? just to check with you what is your status on your Rinspeed rim? the reason being, i have the same problem as you. i have a 23" Rinspeed five spoke, it happens the same cracked. what can i do to overcome this?

thanks
I had one that I cracked replaced then the another one i sent to get fixed and it hasn't cracked and its been about 2 and half months

Old 02-22-2010, 06:06 PM
thanks again Sparkhill for the advise. but it is a pity that the rim cant be fixed.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by ken133
thanks again Sparkhill for the advise. but it is a pity that the rim cant be fixed.
I wonder if the company will replace it if you contact them

Old 02-22-2010, 07:07 PM
ishmerc is infamous around these parts
I have a set of Rinnspeed 23 on my car ,now you got me worry if they crack that easy .

Old 02-22-2010, 11:18 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
i was at my local tire shop to get tires for my wife. they were all excited when they saw my 22" rinspeed in black on my cayenne. i found out they have a single 23" rinspeed with new tires sitting in their warehouse, which they wanted to sell it to me. apparently someone ordered it a while ago and never picked up. i didn't pick it up since it's not my size. but if any of you need one for spare, just let me know. i think he said he needed to get 700-800 dollars for it including tires. but i think he wasn't exactly sure about the price.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:38 PM
thanks Trovan. is that new, do they ship to Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur? whats the tyre size? mine is running on 315x25x23. anyway, this is really a bad experience for me. I even heard some of my whells seller fellows were telling me that normally imported rims they purposely made to have lifespan. so that it wont last forever.? i dont know how true is true.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne rinspeed wheel help!!!!! What should i do??